• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Took my Tikka to LRSU over the weekend.

My MDT polymer AICS mag didn’t work worth a damn. Had to single feed every round.

7A6CBE85-2175-4F12-992F-E48EFB5452B3.jpeg

i'd blame the krg cause mine work great in my mdt chassis
It took me a while to get my X-Ray adjusted properly to feed reliably from MDT polymer mags. If you're not already aware: the trigger guard assembly forms the rear of the mag well. It is adjustable fore and aft to move the mag relative to the action. Once you have that where you want it you can set the forend, which forms the front and sides of the mag well opening. It took a fare bit of fussing with the trigger guard assembly to get the MDT mags to feed relatively smoothly in my T3.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMP
Took my Tikka to LRSU over the weekend.

My MDT polymer AICS mag didn’t work worth a damn. Had to single feed every round.
Did your rounds hit the feedramp? I found mine will sometimes do that as the mag will rock back in forth sometimes. I am thinking of adding a piece of plastic to the mag to keep it a bit snugger since there is not alot of adjustment to the Bravo in that regard. I could always sand a bit off the back end of the foreend piece to allow that adjustment.

Did your rounds hit the feedramp? I found mine will sometimes do that as the mag will rock back in forth sometimes. I am thinking of adding a piece of plastic to the mag to keep it a bit snugger since there is not alot of adjustment to the Bravo in that regard. I could always sand a bit off the back end of the foreend piece to allow that adjustment.

The bolt doesn’t always pick up the next round, like the mag sits too low. When it does grab a round, it tries to feed at too steep an angle; bullet nosed too high.

I’m gonna play with it some more and see if I can correct it.

Right now, I’m kind of regretting not getting the CTR Mag version of the Bravo.

Right now, I’m kind of regretting not getting the CTR Mag version of the Bravo.
In my experience Tikkas do feed best from Tikka mags. That's why I ultimately moved my T3 .223 to a McM A3 inlet for the factory bottom metal. Back to that buttery-smooth, "did I even pick-up a round on that last cycle...?" Tikka feel... ;)

In my experience Tikkas do feed best from Tikka mags. That's why I ultimately moved my T3 .223 to a McM A3 inlet for the factory bottom metal. Back to that buttery-smooth, "did I even pick-up a round on that last cycle...?" Tikka feel... ;)
My 7SUAM that I just got done won't feed anything all the sudden from the factory mag. I even put it back into the factory stock, factory bottom metal and it still won't pickup a round. The magazine sags in the bottom metal so bad and I have no idea why.

T3x 6.5 Creedmoor Super Light
Hi-Tec Carbon Stock (integral block & flush cups left side)
Atlasworxs Bottom Metal
MDT Magazine
Sterk Shroud
Velocity Trigger Spring
Greystone Guns 3K Suppressor
Just waiting to install the Stryker HD into Badger rings on the MDT 20 MOA pinned rail.
8FA92048-DD88-4B69-B14E-32188824F74A.jpeg
FC28E633-26D2-471B-9BA0-18B453794E92.jpeg
BEE8C4B5-8A41-4A3A-B040-4495833E6C3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284 and PBWalsh
If you're not already aware: the trigger guard assembly forms the rear of the mag well. It is adjustable fore and aft to move the mag relative to the action. Once you have that where you want it you can set the forend, which forms the front and sides of the mag well opening.

(y) im aware as i too have an xray and the adjustments needed if it ever gets pulled apart for cleaning. so could we put this down to user error perhaps?

My 7SUAM that I just got done won't feed anything all the sudden from the factory mag. I even put it back into the factory stock, factory bottom metal and it still won't pickup a round. The magazine sags in the bottom metal so bad and I have no idea why.
Do you still have the magazine tension spring installed on the trigger mounting bolt?

Reactions: JGR1953
I circled it. Loosen the trigger retaining bolt and spin it counterclockwise 1/4 turn so the leaf spring would be visible if looking into the magwell just as you are in the photo and that should fix you up
5F683982-E35A-41F9-AC41-A166AB01EB4A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284
I circled it. Loosen the trigger retaining bolt and spin it counterclockwise 1/4 turn so the leaf spring would be visible if looking into the magwell just as you are in the photo and that should fix you up
View attachment 7372962
Ahhhhhh ok, for some reason I was expecting to see a small spring of some sorts. Haha my bad.
Although I think it's garbage the smith didn't make sure all this was in working condition.

Ahhhhhh ok, for some reason I was expecting to see a small spring of some sorts. Haha my bad.
Although I think it's garbage the smith didn't make sure all this was in working condition.
If your using that action in a stock/chassis that uses CTR or AICS magazines that spring has to be removed.
It's only for the original style bdm and magazines that came in the T3/T3x and their clones.
The metal CTR mags and or the AICS mags that are used in other bdm's and chassis stocks does not use that retainer .

Last edited:
If your using that action in a stock/chassis that uses CTR or AICS magazines that spring has to be removed.
It's only for the original style bdm and magazines that came in the T3/T3x and their clones.
The metal CTR mags and or the AICS mags that are used in other bdm's and chassis stocks does not use that retainer .
I'm using factory spec bottom metal with factory and Hells Canyon Armory mags. (If I ever get it back front the smith)

Why did the gunsmith refuse to install the muzzle brake you wanted?

All I can think is he just didn't want to send a semi custom out the door without (HIS) brake. He told my brothers it wouldn't work. I forgot he also told my brothers that the Hells Canyon mag wouldn't work with his bottom metal either. Yet his bottom metal is a factory replacement that excepts factory mags. 🤯

All I can think is he just didn't want to send a semi custom out the door without (HIS) brake. He told my brothers it wouldn't work. I forgot he also told my brothers that the Hells Canyon mag wouldn't work with his bottom metal either. Yet his bottom metal is a factory replacement that excepts factory mags. 🤯

I read your other thread. Do yourself a favor and find a different gunsmith. He’s no the one.

I tried till I was blue in the face to get a Hells Canyon mag to work on three different stocks that accept factory DBM.
A factory stock and 2 different after market stocks that work great with the factory plastic and AtlasWorx DBM and original factory mags.

It was too tight in the front and if it was forced in it would not pick up and feed properly and was scraping the finish off the mag so I quit.

I really hoped the HC would work on a 6.5 PRC I had put together but after spending hours swapping the action to different stocks and different dbm's and not having any luck getting it to fit or function right in any of them I gave up and called HC.

He said that all even the factory plastic dbm's have different tolerences and that he could take multiple factory plastic dbm's and it might work in one but none of the others much less an aftermarket dbm.

He was great about it and refunded my money including shipping both ways.
Hopefully you can get yours to work but it wasn't worth the effort and time I had spent trying.

I've put several hundred rounds through the factory 300/7 magnum mags no probs....
They are not perfect being plastic but they fit and feed the 6.5 PRC without a single problem so far.
YMMV

I tried till I was blue in the face to get a Hells Canyon mag to work on three different stocks that accept factory DBM.
A factory stock and 2 different after market stocks that work great with the factory plastic and AtlasWorx DBM and original factory mags.

It was too tight in the front and if it was forced in it would not pick up and feed properly and was scraping the finish off the mag so I quit.

I really hoped the HC would work on a 6.5 PRC I had put together but after spending hours swapping the action to different stocks and different dbm's and not having any luck getting it to fit or function right in any of them I gave up and called HC.

He said that all even the factory plastic dbm's have different tolerences and that he could take multiple factory plastic dbm's and it might work in one but none of the others much less an aftermarket dbm.

Hopefully you can get yours to work but it wasn't worth the effort and time I had spent trying.

I've put several hundred rounds through the factory 300/7 magnum mags no probs....
They are not perfect being plastic but they fit and feed the 6.5 PRC without a single problem so far.
YMMV
Hopefully I don't have that issue. But if the mag ever shows up I will find out and report back.

Reactions: JGR1953
Finally broke down and bought a Bartlein carbon fiber blank and it just got dropped off at the gunsmith. Getting it back next week and will post some pics. And then running it through its paces on August 4th.

Gonna be a killer build:
- Tikka ctr 6.5cm
- 26" Bartlein carbon fiber barrel (m24/m40 contour)
- mini bastard muzzle brake
- Manners prs1tk (opened up for new barrel) with gen2 mini chassis
- razor gen2 in a sphur mount
- area 419 arca rail

YMMV
Mag was in the mail, took it out and it's got scrapes all over the bottom.
It also doesn't work,

YMMV

Got my mag from the smith today. No dummy rounds. (Go figure) It's scratched all to shit. Icing on the cake the mag doesn't fit regardless of what bottom metal is used as it hits the bottom of the action before it even clicks in.
IMG_20200713_155054.jpg

Mag was in the mail, took it out and it's got scrapes all over the bottom.
It also doesn't work,

Got my mag from the smith today. No dummy rounds. (Go figure) It's scratched all to shit. Icing on the cake the mag doesn't fit regardless of what bottom metal is used as it hits the bottom of the action before it even clicks in.
View attachment 7373614
I feel your pain LOL!
These things are not quite ready for prime time yet so I would call HC and see if they will give you a refund.
100 bucks is a lot for something that does not work right....
Have you tried your plastic mags after lining up the magazine retainer clip yet ?

I feel your pain LOL!
These things are not quite ready for prime time yet so I would call HC and see if they will give you a refund.
100 bucks is a lot for something that does not work right....
Have you tried your plastic mags after lining up the magazine retainer clip yet ?
Well I just got off the phone with the smith and he cussed me out and called me every name in the book and told me to just bring it back and he would tear it apart and refund my $.

Reactions: SlimySquirrel
How do you find your German gun stocks? What size tapper barrel is on the rifle in the back ground? I’m thinking of ordering a raptor for my custom tikka build, I’m running a straight tapper Lilja barrel but not shore if it will fit the raptor barrel channel

I have a GGS Ranger. Love it. Was torn between the Predator and the Ranger but decided to go light (about 1 lb heavier than factory CTR stock.)

There are great stock options out there these days. I chose GGS for its drop-in-and-done design specific to Tikka T3x or T1x. No tweaking. No smithing. Just bolt straight in to the aluminum bed block and you’re done. Very ergo and rigid. Reminds me a bit of Sako TRG. They include a custom paint/camo job. Also, if shipping to the US, the price will be LESS than list price (due to removing EU VAT taxes).

Factors that some might not like:

Stock material is a birch cross laminate with epoxy. Then painted over.

No integrated mlok/keymod/dovetail system.

Took about 1.5 months for mine to arrive, order to door.

Uses a GRS-style adjustable cheek rest. Allows for rapid and very fine adjustments, but potentially less rugged than other designs.

Overall, it fit my needs perfectly.

Reactions: ruebarb and QSYB
I have a GGS Ranger. Love it. Was torn between the Predator and the Ranger but decided to go light (about 1 lb heavier than factory CTR stock.)

There are great stock options out there these days. I chose GGS for its drop-in-and-done design specific to Tikka T3x or T1x. No tweaking. No smithing. Just bolt straight in to the aluminum bed block and you’re done. Very ergo and rigid. Reminds me a bit of Sako TRG. They include a custom paint/camo job. Also, if shipping to the US, the price will be LESS than list price (due to removing EU VAT taxes).

Factors that some might not like:

Stock material is a birch cross laminate with epoxy. Then painted over.

No integrated mlok/keymod/dovetail system.

Took about 1.5 months for mine to arrive, order to door.

Uses a GRS-style adjustable cheek rest. Allows for rapid and very fine adjustments, but potentially less rugged than other designs.

Overall, it fit my needs perfectly.

I'm very interested in that exact stock, but it kills me to not be able to see one in person before I order it. I really appreciate your feedback.

I'm very interested in that exact stock, but it kills me to not be able to see one in person before I order it. I really appreciate your feedback.

I got mine on a hope and a prayer too.

I’m 6’ 1”. Fits great. Personal quirk, I don’t like the feel of metal chassis systems and was a little concerned the Ranger would feel skeletal with all the cut-outs. But I don’t even notice them.

As mentioned there are so many great stock options out there these days. I was also looking hard at KMW and may one day try that route, but with the GGS, I could just drop in, bolt in to my CTR. It’s coming down to how little details line up with your specific needs from one maker to the next.

Reactions: 260284 and QSYB
Question: If I don't want to jack with taking off the zero MOA rail on a CTR, are there any negatives to mounting a scope that has enough vertical travel to get out to 1200 yds? I'm looking to pick up an Athlon ETR that has 32 mils of elevation travel. Rifle is 6.5 cm.

Last edited:
Question: If I don't want to jack with taking off the zero MOA rail on a CTR, are there any negatives to mounting a scope that has enough vertical travel to get out to 1200 yds? I'm looking to pick up an Athlon ETR that has 32 mils of elevation travel.
I would get a quality 1 peice mount with 20 moa built in. I run a spuhr on my build. I have heard horror stories of trying to take off the factory rail. My first tikka was fine when I took of the rail, but I didn't want to chance it with my new build.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
Question: If I don't want to jack with taking off the zero MOA rail on a CTR, are there any negatives to mounting a scope that has enough vertical travel to get out to 1200 yds? I'm looking to pick up an Athlon ETR that has 32 mils of elevation travel. Rifle is 6.5 cm.
Or Burris XTR signature rings

Had Shaen open up a bolt on my 6.5 Creedmoor and then I had the stock Tikka barrel punched out to 6.5 PRC. Took out this week. Shot pretty good with factory 143 EldX.

Will the PRC fit in a 6.5 CTR mag?

Will the PRC fit in a 6.5 CTR mag?
The feed lips have to be adjusted wider so the round sits higher for the bolt to catch it.
Length is close but they do feed in the factory CTR stock and a B&C Target/Comp stock I tried them in with no issues.
I decided to go to CF stock and used the factory plastic magazine and a AtlasWorx DBM from a 300WM I used for a donor and they work fine for hunting purposes.....YMMV
IMG_0307a.JPG
IMG_0309a.JPG
IMG_0384a.jpg
IMG_0391a.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered a 6.5 ctr today any recommendations for a cheapish rail solution for my atlas?

anyone used the accu-tac sling stud rail adapter?