• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Prometheus arms build
22” heavy Palma barrel.
Everybody that shoots it falls in love with it

83F6CC27-FA37-4996-A9D1-88959707E5C1.jpeg

New to tikka, I'm a lefty and I'm looking for a stock that will allow aics mags. Was planning a krg bravo but they don't offer it for the t3 in left. What options are out there for lh t3's?

Ugh. I wish you hadn't posted that. I want an X-Ray even more now. Looks awesome man! Love the Sako green.

Ugh. I wish you hadn't posted that. I want an X-Ray even more now. Looks awesome man! Love the Sako green.

I really like it. Feels just like my Whiskey 3 but at a pound lighter. Lose the folding mechanism and the toolless adjustable lop, but for a a hunting set up that I'm not crawling up a mountain with, it's been perfect so far.

No deer died on opening day. But I did get to spend some time watching this guy.
Side note: I really like the Razor LHT. Clicks are positive and repeatable. Glass is super clear for the money. Lockable at maximum point blank range.
BE07F4E0-CCAC-44C8-9996-E0AA83FC635C.jpeg
E7E642A3-2CEC-4E4B-9ECA-188D5D891771.jpeg

Is a T3 interchangeable with all the T3x stuff like sealing T3 into a Ctr stock from a T3x?

Is a T3 interchangeable with all the T3x stuff like sealing T3 into a Ctr stock from a T3x?

Don’t think the t3 will sit into a ctr stock without modification. There is a spot on the bottom of the t3 action that needs to be machined to fit a ctr stock. Think all of the t3x’s come with the action machined like the ctr, but not the original t3.

Reactions: bassmaster07
Hello, first time here.
This is my multipurpose hunting and range fun t3x(hunter) 308 .
Put it in a factory laminated stock and inlet it to fit ctr bottom metal. Barrel is 16" and suppreasor is Ase utra jet-z compact. Cheek pad is a formed factory piece velcrod on.
IMG_20201123_231853.jpg
Some shots at 300m on 10cm plate
IMG_20201011_221040.jpg

Nice reading everones posts!

I will answer what I can.
1. yes
2. Not that I know of. You can get 5 round mags for it though. CTR mags wont work unless you put it in a CTR stock and use CTR bottom metal.
3. Yes it will fit in a MDT chassis and there mags should work
4. Not sure
Thanks bud

New to tikka, I'm a lefty and I'm looking for a stock that will allow aics mags. Was planning a krg bravo but they don't offer it for the t3 in left. What options are out there for lh t3's?
There are a few companies that sell AICS bottom metal for Tikka's. look at Mountain Tactical and redsnake tactical. Also MDT and XLR make a left hand chassis for lefties.

Does anyone have a Tikka .223 in a J Allen chassis?
What magazine are you using? What problems may have occured?

I have a J Allen chassis laying around for a Tikka. I ordered one for rem700 platform but could only get one for Tikka after they went out of business. It was either that or lose my money. Anyway, I thought it was about time to put that chassis to use. Just got to see what works best.

Nobody? :unsure:

Can anyone recommend a new chassis for a t3 varmint (308). Used almost exclusively for hunting, so want to keep it somewhat light weight. All my accessories (bipods etc etc) are pic rails compatible. If anyone could give me an approximate weight rating that'd be very helpful too!

Heavy, awkward, hang badly on a sling and the vertical doesn’t work for me as well offhand

The standard Tikka plastic stock is garbage unfortunately. SO much flex!

I have a krg bravo on my ctr and hunt with it regularly. It's a little heavier than the Tikka stock, but ergonomically and structurally it's much better.

Reactions: Boltyboi
The standard Tikka plastic stock is garbage unfortunately. SO much flex!

Does it affect accuracy? My CTR was still a sub MOA gun in the factory stock and it was comfortable to shoot. Bravo is 2.9lbs, probably your lightest chassis option.

Reactions: Krazy_jim
Does it affect accuracy? My CTR was still a sub MOA gun in the factory stock and it was comfortable to shoot. Bravo is 2.9lbs, probably your lightest chassis option.

same with my t3x lite stock, still gets sub Moa.

I'm about to take position of a TAC A1 in 308. does the 1-11 twist Bbl. like any particular bullet or weight ? Max range 600 yds. I know barrels are like women, each is an individual onto it's self, but in general they all like certain items that are usually $$$$$$.
With the 600 yd. limit I'm hoping the 155 or 168's will work.

I'm about to take position of a TAC A1 in 308. does the 1-11 twist Bbl. like any particular bullet or weight ? Max range 600 yds. I know barrels are like women, each is an individual onto it's self, but in general they all like certain items that are usually $$$$$$.
With the 600 yd. limit I'm hoping the 155 or 168's will work.

155 Scenars work great in my TacA1

Did some load development the other day. Gonna shoot this in PRS tac division next year. Tikka T3x rebarreled by Tim at Solid Accuracy with a Criterion 26" 10tw bull barrel.

Avg 2755 FPS
SD 6
ES 16
.017" off the lands

Looking forward to loading up some more and taking it out further.

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-11-27 14:51:51.820252.png
20201125_114251.jpg

Here's mine, I built for PRS specifically. First rounds through it in august, just hit 1300 down the pipe this week. It is a CTR in 6.5CM that I dropped into a KRG XRay with AICS mags. I am having a 6GT barrel spun up for it next month.

To get it to balance the way I wanted, I needed the KRG t-slot weight and then an MDT mlok weight kit, but that did the trick and its perfectly balanced 1-2" ahead of the mag well.

For the money I have into this thing, I'm insanely pleased with it, I firmly believe that the factory tikka action can stand toe to toe with a lot of custom actions. The factory single stage trigger with a trigger spring is phenomenal, I don't plan on changing it out. One thing I really didn't like with the factory configuration was the bolt handle angle and the bolt knob itself, so I swapped those out for an anarchy outdoors handle and a area419 knob, it works much better for me.
IMG_5375.jpg

Here's mine, I built for PRS specifically. First rounds through it in august, just hit 1300 down the pipe this week. It is a CTR in 6.5CM that I dropped into a KRG XRay with AICS mags. I am having a 6GT barrel spun up for it next month.

To get it to balance the way I wanted, I needed the KRG t-slot weight and then an MDT mlok weight kit, but that did the trick and its perfectly balanced 1-2" ahead of the mag well.

For the money I have into this thing, I'm insanely pleased with it, I firmly believe that the factory tikka action can stand toe to toe with a lot of custom actions. The factory single stage trigger with a trigger spring is phenomenal, I don't plan on changing it out. One thing I really didn't like with the factory configuration was the bolt handle angle and the bolt knob itself, so I swapped those out for an anarchy outdoors handle and a area419 knob, it works much better for me.View attachment 7484281

Looks great! I agree, love the Tikka actions. I purposely got a heavy ass barrel and then packed the rear of the bravo stock with wheel weights. Ended up balancing out great.

Looks great! I agree, love the Tikka actions. I purposely got a heavy ass barrel and then packed the rear of the bravo stock with wheel weights. Ended up balancing out great.

Thank you!

My 6GT is going to be a proof competition profile, so I will be changing the weights around. I've also got a line on an MDT ACC, and if that works out I'll swap it into that, and sell the XRay. For the price I don't think you can really beat the Xray, its just hard to balance out properly with a sporter profile barrel that the factory Tikka comes with.

Reactions: 260284
Thank you!

My 6GT is going to be a proof competition profile, so I will be changing the weights around. I've also got a line on an MDT ACC, and if that works out I'll swap it into that, and sell the XRay. For the price I don't think you can really beat the Xray, its just hard to balance out properly with a sporter profile barrel that the factory Tikka comes with.

While that is true, I tend to perscribe to the school of thought that if the gun must have more weight forward of the magwell, I'd like it to come from the barrel before it comes from steel weights.

Reactions: MC56
I dont know about you guys, but I was hoping to have shot out my T3x Lite 7mm RemMag barrel after 1000-1200 rounds.... or at least having the accuracy begin to open up A LITTLE.

I'm the 3rd owner of this rifle/action and it had an unknown number of rounds down the barrel when I got it. I have put 1000-1200 down the bore and these were the last 5 I shot...

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-03-28 10:39:10.598573.png

These cold hammer forged barrels are something special

Oh, and Berger 168 Classic Hunters, 0.020 off the lands, 0.002" neck tension, 68.5gr of Reloder 26, R-P Brass, and 215M primers is what did that group. 2950fps, so its moving right along.

While that is true, I tend to perscribe to the school of thought that if the gun must have more weight forward of the magwell, I'd like it to come from the barrel before it comes from steel weights.

With this light of a barrel and the heavy scope it won't balance without added weight.

It's also built specifically for PRS where added weight is an advantage in terms of recoil mitigation. This rig comes in right under 16lbs, pretty light in the land of 20lb+ rifles :)

Does anybody have experience with the 300 win mag t3x (mainly how they shoot and what velocities people get)? I'm thinking about getting one for a normal hunting rig. I realize they don't let you load very long, but I don't plan on doing super long range shooting/hunting with it. Probably 5-600 yard limit. I mostly want 300 win mag since I already have a Savage (which I'll probably sell) and factory ammo is available if need be. I would also get it threaded and throw a brake on it to make the recoil more tolerable.

Can anyone recommend a new chassis for a t3 varmint (308). Used almost exclusively for hunting, so want to keep it somewhat light weight. All my accessories (bipods etc etc) are pic rails compatible. If anyone could give me an approximate weight rating that'd be very helpful too!

XLR magnesium, lighter than many traditional stocks. Easy to add things to it if you want, I have no issues hunting with mine. Slings the same as a regular stock for me, I also shoot offhand, kneeling, sitting regularly too.

Xlr industry's magnesium chassis

Reactions: XLR Industries
New to the forum, recently bought my first "long range" rifle that I plan to get into PRS with. Tikka T3X CTR with the 24" barrel in 6.5C. Just placed my order for a KRG W3 and a Vortex Viper PST Gen II for it. Looking forward to getting it out there.

IMG_5100.jpg

hellfire brake
Does anybody have experience with the 300 win mag t3x (mainly how they shoot and what velocities people get)? I'm thinking about getting one for a normal hunting rig. I realize they don't let you load very long, but I don't plan on doing super long range shooting/hunting with it. Probably 5-600 yard limit. I mostly want 300 win mag since I already have a Savage (which I'll probably sell) and factory ammo is available if need be. I would also get it threaded and throw a brake on it to make the recoil more tolerable.
i had a t3 in 300 winmag a few years back. kicked like a friggin mule, sold it. last year i got a t3x in 300wsm, with an area419 hellfire brake on it, and it's in a mesa precision altitude stock, it's a pussycat. got elk at 200 and 400yds last month. highly recommend. fed 180 tbt's are averaging 2961 out of the 24" barrel.

hellfire brake
i had a t3 in 300 winmag a few years back. kicked like a friggin mule, sold it. last year i got a t3x in 300wsm, with an area419 hellfire brake on it, and it's in a mesa precision altitude stock, it's a pussycat. got elk at 200 and 400yds last month. highly recommend. fed 180 tbt's are averaging 2961 out of the 24" barrel.
Awesome. I figured a muzzle brake is a necessity with the magnums. I would probably also upgrade to the mesa precision stock eventually too. They look slick. Now to figure out how to get some money out of a savage...

Awesome. I figured a muzzle brake is a necessity with the magnums. I would probably also upgrade to the mesa precision stock eventually too. They look slick. Now to figure out how to get some money out of a savage...

I have a t3x superlight in 7 mag. Really helps to put the new limbsaver airtech pads on it. Eliminated the need for a brake.

Reactions: wpeach1912
New to the forum, recently bought my first "long range" rifle that I plan to get into PRS with. Tikka T3X CTR with the 24" barrel in 6.5C. Just placed my order for a KRG W3 and a Vortex Viper PST Gen II for it. Looking forward to getting it out there.

View attachment 7486618
You bought an excellent starting place.
While you have the action out of the stock, back the trigger adjusting screw out to lighten the trigger pull and / or put a spring in it to lighten it further.
Or, put a two stage adjustable trigger trigger in it like a KRG Midas.
Stock up on AICS mags while you’re at it, the MDT’s were on sale for Black Friday and I jumped on some.

Reactions: Mike0032