• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I got a t3x lite in 300 wsm a couple days ago for a fair price, I haven't seen them for sale at normal online retailers on a while... For whatever that's worth.

Reactions: louu
Happy new year🥂
3KRG.JPG

Where do y'all look for used rifles? I'm looking for a Tikka t3 ctr in stainless 24inch barrel. Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Looking to jump on this tikka train!

Where do y'all look for used rifles? I'm looking for a Tikka t3 ctr in stainless 24inch barrel. Can't seem to find that anywhere.

I found a receiver on LRH and here i believe and picked one up. Then got the bolt stop and rail from mountain tactical and am going to grab a bolt from LRI as soon as they're available. If you're wanting to stick with steel preferred barrels, McGowen, Proof, and CarbonSix offer prefits at a decent price. You'd have a custom barreled action for almost what you'd pay for a new CTR and it's really easy to find Tikka pull of parts if you need a stock.

Trigger would be only hard part to source.

Reactions: 260284

In my opinion / experience the spread between new and used Tikkas is pretty small. I always peruse used guns... and then just end up buying new.

Last edited:
Reactions: NHA1988
What´s the price for new T3X CTR without the adjustable cheek rest, in black in US is today?
We sell it 1350,00€ in our shop in Finland.
That is about 1650,00$.

Fuck, they do rape us in Finland:cry:.
This shop is usually cheapest in Finland.
Do compare the price in US price, and these rifles are made in Finland.

You pay about the same price we pay in New Zealand. Considering the T3 is the most popular rifle sold here you'd think the Importer would get some sort of bulk discount.

Reactions: viking78
In my opinion / experience the spread between new and used Tikkas is pretty small. I always peruse used guns... and then just end up buying new.

I did the same. Hard to find tikkas for sale and if you do they aren’t cheap enough, in my opinion, to buy over a new rifle. I ended up buying a T3 and stripping everything but the action and trigger. Just easier than searching forever.

I picked up a brand new T3x 308 lite stainless on Gunbroker few months back for 610 if your patient they show up. If ur not you’ll have to pay up that’s all.

Fuck, they do rape us in Finland:cry:.
This shop is usually cheapest in Finland.
Do compare the price in US price, and these rifles are made in Finland.

should check out aussie pricing, some items even come with anal lube :ROFLMAO:

my t3x varmint set me back nearly $1600 from memory, and that was over 3 years ago. today just over $1700.

ctr here is just under $2000

Reactions: viking78
Depending on regulations I wonder if you guys could order from Canada. Id heard somewhere that it’s easier to get things from here for you than the US. A T3x Lite is around $1000 CAD for reference.

Does anyone know if the roughtech or the veil alpine Tikka has thicker barrel than the lite?

I am looking at that Roughtech as a light precision rifle. Anybody shooting one?
I already have the Tikka Lite Stainless. Very accurate. Odd since there is no aluminum bedding at all.

I just installed my T3X into a KRG Bravo. I needed 2 1/2 inch long 5mm hex bit for the front action screw and my torque wrench which was a little bit too wide to insert a shorter bit thru the hole in stock. I was not able to measure torque on the upper 4mm hex that snugs up the stock to receiver because my scope was in the way. Just used a regular hex wrench and guessed at torque. Is there such a thing as a hex wrench with a dog leg in it to get around the scope?

Attachments

• KRG stock.jpg
    KRG stock.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • KRG Tikka action.jpg
    KRG Tikka action.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • KRG w Tikka T3X.jpg
    KRG w Tikka T3X.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
Reactions: MC56
I just installed my T3X into a KRG Bravo. I needed 2 1/2 inch long 5mm hex bit for the front action screw and my torque wrench which was a little bit too wide to insert a shorter bit thru the hole in stock. I was not able to measure torque on the upper 4mm hex that snugs up the stock to receiver because my scope was in the way. Just used a regular hex wrench and guessed at torque. Is there such a thing as a hex wrench with a dog leg in it to get around the scope?

Not that I'm aware. I torqued that rear screw before mounting the scope. Nice rifle.

Remove the scope, torque that screw, then reinstall the scope is what i do. I also remove the plastic forend when I need to remove the chassis

Edit: if I'm completely stripping the rifle im not worried about a little bit of lost zero on the scope. That said, I run rings that tend not to put me outside a tenth or so when I remove the scope, but ymmv

Anyone have their t3x action cerakoted? Is the coating thin enough to do the inside of the action too? Any preferable alternatives to cerakote?

You could try vapour deposition treatment. Its used for lots of anti corrosion surface coating, its really thin, kind of like anodising for other metals. You can get various coatings & colours to suit your preference including wear resistance etc. No idea of the cost.

I feel like the t3 is loose enough tolerance wise that cerakote wouldn’t be an issue. If done right it’s not an issue with custom actions. I plan on T coating mine. I usually defer to DLC which is Vapor deposition. It’s very slick but expensive. My tempest is DLCd as is our SR3 i had built for dad. They’re both extremely slick more so than my nitride 737r honestly.

Last edited:
I've Cerakoted dozens of Tikkas, I've had no clearance issues coating the inside of the action as well and using microslick on the bolt, ejector pin and extractor.

I scored big time today! I got tired of waiting for the backorder with EuroOptic so I found one on gunbroker from a place called Kinsey's Outdoors in Mount Joy PA and went and picked it up.

One question I have is I thought I read here this thing has a 2 stage trigger? This rifle only has a single stage trigger. It breaks nice and I can probably get used to it but I always prefer a 2 stage. Is there any options for triggers?
20210103_153654.jpg
20210103_153915.jpg
20210103_153928.jpg

I scored big time today! I got tired of waiting for the backorder with EuroOptic so I found one on gunbroker from a place called Kinsey's Outdoors in Mount Joy PA and went and picked it up.

One question I have is I thought I read here this thing has a 2 stage trigger? This rifle only has a single stage trigger. It breaks nice and I can probably get used to it but I always prefer a 2 stage. Is there any options for triggers? View attachment 7518919View attachment 7518921View attachment 7518922

KRG makes a 2 stage. I haven’t shot a Tikka with the KRG Trigger in it however.

One question I have is I thought I read here this thing has a 2 stage trigger? This rifle only has a single stage trigger. It breaks nice and I can probably get used to it but I always prefer a 2 stage. Is there any options for triggers?

I think only the Tac A1 comes with the 2 stage trigger. You could always swap it out for a Timney

louu,

You were in my neck of the woods. Kinsey's is one of my regular shops. 20 min away. You will love the Tikka

It functions just fine....but may have to widen trigger guard its too narrow in a lite....but the bravo stock is suppose to be a drop in....
The OEM CTR bottom metal requires clearancing for a KRG Midas trigger.
A Bravo is drop in as is an ACC chassis.
Been there, done that.
I’ll order another Midas for my T1X shortly.

Reactions: MC56

Nice! But you misunderstood, as said above only the TAC A1 has the 2 stage. The KRG Midas (I never seem to see them in stock, but dont look often) and the Timney are both 2 stage.

The OEM CTR bottom metal requires clearancing for a KRG Midas trigger.
A Bravo is drop in as is an ACC chassis.
Been there, done that.
I’ll order another Midas for my T1X shortly.

you like the Midas over the standard YoDave Trigger spring?

you like the Midas over the standard YoDave Trigger spring?

for $ 10 ( I bought an Anarchy Outdoors Spring ) it's a good upgrade if you can't get the trigger light enough with the OEM spring.
Tough to argue the "Bang for the Buck" factor there, especially if you're ordering other stuff from there.
I like two stage triggers, and have them in most of my other rifles, if it's a reasonable option.

Reactions: NHA1988
Is anyone using a KRG Midas trigger in an MPA Matrix Chassis?

I want to make sure the Midas will fit in the Matrix before I purchase it.

Thanks

louu,

You were in my neck of the woods. Kinsey's is one of my regular shops. 20 min away. You will love the Tikka
That place is awesome, everyone that works there is so nice. Can't wait to go back.

Trop gun shop is just down the road from Kinsey's. Not what they used to be but still a good shop. You can check them out as well. Depending on where you're coming from I'd also recommend Shydas in Lebanon. Especially for powders and other reloading supplies. They always seem to have my stuff when I need it. Even H4350. If you're going to be in the area you might as well make a day of it.

Nothing on the Tikka website yet but quite a few vendors have posted the 6.5 PRC

Just google any of these numbers and you will find them.
JRTXVA319
JRTXRT319
JRTXVW319

Last edited:
When does Tikka normally release their new products for the year? I think everyone is doing it at their own pace since SHOT was cancelled.

Nothing on the Tikka website yet but quite a few vendors have posted the 6.5 PRC

Just google any of these numbers and you will find them.
JRTXVA319
JRTXRT319
JRTXVW319

Too bad finding 6.5 PRC ammo or brass is really tough right now- My BIL is playing hell finding ammo right now. He picks up all of his brass so that it can be reloaded. Before, he didn't care about the brass.

Reactions: 260284 and sturm45
Too bad finding 6.5 PRC ammo or brass is really tough right now- My BIL is playing hell finding ammo right now. He picks up all of his brass so that it can be reloaded. Before, he didn't care about the brass.
Yes it is and it sucks.....

Only if you need a two stage trigger..
Maybe look into the Sako TRG trigger, as it fits the Tikka T3 rifle.
Thats a lot better then the Timney trigger!

But the Factory trigger is MORE then good enough.. and one of the best, simplest and most robust factory triggers out there!

@SeekingNorth are you referring to the KRG midas trigger?

I don't have one yet but there are lots of good reviews of it.

The Tikka factory triggers are considered the best factory single stage triggers out there. If you just want it lighter get a $10 trigger spring from yo Dave, mountain tactical, or elay precision.

Reactions: Kyley808
@SeekingNorth are you referring to the KRG midas trigger?

I don't have one yet but there are lots of good reviews of it.

The Tikka factory triggers are considered the best factory single stage triggers out there. If you just want it lighter get a $10 trigger spring from yo Dave, mountain tactical, or elay precision.
I think he means the Sako TRG trigger - but I dont know where you'd source one.

Only if you need a two stage trigger..
Maybe look into the Sako TRG trigger, as it fits the Tikka T3 rifle.
Thats a lot better then the Timney trigger!

But the Factory trigger is MORE then good enough.. and one of the best, simplest and most robust factory triggers out there!
thanks i love my single stage trigger i just wanted to try 2 stage