• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Looks good. Adjustability is King over the CTR Stock.

I had it in a bravo for the whole season. Loved the ergos but wanted more weight and adjustability. Rifle feels way more solid now.

I had it in a bravo for the whole season. Loved the ergos but wanted more weight and adjustability. Rifle feels way more solid now.
I have had my 24" 6.5 CM CTR Barreled action in both a Bravo and now an ACC.
Unless you're going to hump that rifle over mountains, there are no downsides to the more pricey chassis.

Reactions: MC56
Current setup.
grs bifrost, te titan suppressor, fusion bipod and shv nightforce in spuhr.
_MG_5975-Edit.jpeg

☝I think the quality and finish will be in the product, whether it justifies the price, I guess the Spuhr fans will go for it.

I have no doubt it will be quality, I just dont see any added value/features over other quality options that go for $500+ less.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Yes and no.

This is among the less expensive stocks with adjustability wanted. And one of few options for lefty's. I find that it could easily be improved upon by a higher core line, ambidextrous grip/adjustments.
It is by far best value for money, At least in Norway.
I'm happy with mine, it's comfortable and covers my requirements.

Has anyone changed the handguard on a Tikka tac A1. I see that the AR handguard barrel nuts are out but I haven't seen any tac's with a aftermarket hand guard. If anyone has any info or pics I would love to see them. I personally would love to add a handguard with arca swiss made into it instead of adapted.

FYI

I emailed EuroOptic to ask when the Super Varmints might be arriving.

Hello,

So far the only word from Beretta on the supervarmint is 2022. I would guess late winter/early spring.

Derek
EuroOptic Ltd

Do we know what the cost will be in USD?
Well, duh.

I will let you know, I fired off another email.

Nope, he said no info yet.

I wonder if Beretta doesn't release that until they are ready to take orders and/or ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC56
Looks fantastic. What bolt handle?

Haha. Currently I have yours on a couple rifles but I kind of want to switch it up.

Was too dumb to check and see if the LRI bolt came with a bolt handle.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Are all the Tikka actions the same? The Lite vs the CTR vs the Tac A1. I want to use a Tikka action for a build but I want the best action. Also, it needs to left handed so I think the CTR is out.

Are all the Tikka actions the same? The Lite vs the CTR vs the Tac A1. I want to use a Tikka action for a build but I want the best action. Also, it needs to left handed so I think the CTR is out.
All T3x actions are the same outside of bolt stop length and cosmetics. The earlier T3 actions differ in that the standard ones don’t have a cutout for the CTR mags.

All T3x actions are the same outside of bolt stop length and cosmetics. The earlier T3 actions differ in that the standard ones don’t have a cutout for the CTR mags.
Is there a special mod to the action required to take the CTR Mags?

yea, couple shots of whiskey and a dremel...

seriously though, just get a T3X action and you won't need to worry about it.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Is there a special mod to the action required to take the CTR Mags?
As @MC56 said, whiskey and a dremel (or mill if you have access) but you are better off just buying a T3x unless you already have a t3 laying around. Don’t need the cutout if you plan to use aics mags.

I want to get something for my 10 year old. He has been shooting my AR but I think it’s time for a bolt action. A Tikka would be nice because I could start off simple and add more as he gets older, new barrel, chassis, ect.

Besides the Tac A1, is there a left handed T3x that has a threaded barrel? In 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:
Besides the Tac A1, is there a left handed T3x that has a threaded barrel? In 6.5 Creedmoor.
No. What are you wanting to put on the end?

I bought a t3x lite lefty stainless in 6.5 creedmoor. Later bought a thunderbeast ultra 7 (it's still in nfa jail). For it to work I sent my barreled action to Thunderbeast so they could thread it 9/16 for a muzzle shouldered cb brake. Sent it to tb and got it back in a week.

Dont thread a 6.5 or .30 1/2-28. Leaves the wall thickness between groove diameter and thread minor diameter at less than 0.100". Reputable gunsmiths and manufacturers don't recommend it. T3x lite barrel muzzles are too small for a 9/16 thread shoulder hence why I sent it to TB for the face mount brake.

20211010_082715.jpg

If you get a varmint just send it to LRI. They're big enough for a 5/8 thread.

Last edited:
No. What are you wanting to put on the end?

I bought a t3x lite lefty stainless in 6.5 creedmoor. Later bought a thunderbeast ultra 7 (it's still in nfa jail). For it to work I sent my barreled action to Thunderbeast so they could thread it 9/16 for a muzzle shouldered cb brake. Sent it to tb and got it back in a week.

Dont thread a 6.5 or .30 1/2-28. Leaves the wall thickness between groove diameter and thread minor diameter at less than 0.100". Reputable gunsmiths and manufacturers don't recommend it. T3x lite barrel muzzles are too small for a 9/16 thread shoulder hence why I sent it to TB for the face mount brake.

If you get a varmint just send it to LRI. They're big enough for a 5/8 thread.
22 or 24” lite barrel is no bueno for threading but if you cut a lite barrel down to 20” or 18” you can easily thread it 9/16 or even 5/8.

22 or 24” lite barrel is no bueno for threading but if you cut a lite barrel down to 20” or 18” you can easily thread it 9/16 or even 5/8.
Measurements below from my T3 Lite. Recommendations for shoulder sizes taken from this page. https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications
I got them to do their face mount brake.

Muzzle .616 0 (24.33)
.620 1.358 (23)
.630 2.57 (21.75)
.640 3.81 (20.5)
.650 5.05 (19.25)
.660 6.27 (18.06)
Recommended od for 9/16 shoulder .662 6.625 (17.7)
0.673 8.08 (16.25)

Beyond this point has to be registered as an SBR
At front of tupperware 0.711 (11)
Recommended od for 5/8 0.725 (9.33)

Reactions: 260284
Measurements below from my T3 Lite. Recommendations for shoulder sizes taken from this page. https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications
I got them to do their face mount brake.

Muzzle .616 0 (24.33)
.620 1.358 (23)
.630 2.57 (21.75)
.640 3.81 (20.5)
.650 5.05 (19.25)
.660 6.27 (18.06)
Recommended od for 9/16 shoulder .662 6.625 (17.7)
0.673 8.08 (16.25)

Beyond this point has to be registered as an SBR
At front of tupperware 0.711 (11)
Recommended od for 5/8 0.725 (9.33)
TBAC’s minimum specs are probably conservative, but worth following. I’ve had no problem with Silencerco Harvestors and various thread protectors in terms of seating against a narrower shoulder annulus. The more critical safety issue is using too small a radius thread e.g. 1/2 x 28 with a .300 where the barrel can deform from being too thin.
What does the TBAC face mount look like?

TBAC’s minimum specs are probably conservative, but worth following. I’ve had no problem with Silencerco Harvestors and various thread protectors in terms of seating against a narrower shoulder annulus. The more critical safety issue is using too small a radius thread e.g. 1/2 x 28 with a .300 where the barrel can deform from being too thin.
What does the TBAC face mount look like?
20211010_124821.jpg
20211010_124725.jpg
20211010_124745.jpg

Its just a cb brake bored out differently and timed correctly. $168 with a traded in cb brake (the one that came with my can).

I haven't taken it for a conjugal visit yet. Need to take the time to cut the bolt cut out on my whiskey 3 (lefty with lefty rifle).

I had 2 of my Tikkas threaded with the Q/Sig taper 5/8-24 then I run the taper to 90* shoulder adapter so I can run my standard taper mounts. Its worked out excellent so far, perfect alignment.

I had 2 of my Tikkas threaded with the Q/Sig taper 5/8-24 then I run the taper to 90* shoulder adapter so I can run my standard taper mounts. Its worked out excellent so far, perfect alignment.
Would you mind posting up some photos?

Would you mind posting up some photos?
E379FB14-77A1-4369-A4F9-9431D3FC5DEA.png

EEAFC85B-50F1-4792-85C9-7765248DAD25.jpeg

80581A01-D952-4ED7-A18C-D75F2D425128.jpeg

I neglected to take good pictures of the bare muzzles, so all I have is the one Class 3 Machining posted on their FB. The other rifle is my Remington 700 XHR with the weird triangle barrel that I also had threaded with the taper. Both Tikkas were shortened up a little to about 22” to have enough meat for the threads. One is 300wsm, the other is a rebore to .338-06.

Reactions: Luke G
Nice. Any issues feeding 6.5PRC loads in the CTR magazines? Handloads or factory?
Its not as smooth as my Fierce Fury 300 WSM, but it functions well enough. Had to tweak the feed lips to make it work and I've only tried my handloads as I don't have any factory ammo to try

Has anyone changed the handguard on a Tikka tac A1. I see that the AR handguard barrel nuts are out but I haven't seen any tac's with a aftermarket hand guard. If anyone has any info or pics I would love to see them. I personally would love to add a handguard with arca swiss made into it instead of adapted.

Most people simply replace the chassis when they have problem with the magazines feeding properly and the Rifles.

Of course this is a crying shame because it’s actually a pretty nice chassis and it works incredibly well.

There are many chassis available for the action, but I have not seen forearms to replace the factory forearm on the TAC A1.

It doesn’t use a barrel nut, at least for the version that I’ve got. It has a bizarre adapter that attaches to the pic rail on top and the action on the bottom which the forearm then attaches to.

These guys are one of many that make chassis but there’s a pretty nice: