• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3X barrel & brake options

UPSTATERAM

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2018
Hey guys, I have a new .300wm and .308 TX3. Had them both out once so far and love the accuracy but would like a barrel that didn’t heat up as much. I’d like to keep it on the lighter side for hunting but love to target shoot as well so gaining some weight is fine.

Can I fit thicker aftermarket barrels in the original stock? I’d like to get a little bastard, micro, or answer brake on the .300 but would get it on the new barrel if possible. I don’t mind the original stock and knowing the .300wm in mag size don’t need to get a stock and bottom metal.

Thanks did the input!

I just opened up my t3x lite stock to accept a medium palma which is about the same as the Rem Varmint contour. The Tikka stocks are much better than the plastic remington and savage crap. Plenty stiff enough for these contours. I wouldn’t go bigger than that anyhow or your rifle will be a pig. I can shoot off a bipod without the barrel touching the stock. I just took a dremel to it. I didnt take the time to sand it perfectly smooth. Didnit for function. Yes it has a little too much scope on it. I need to switch it out And havent done it yet.

90AD7D5B-E6D7-4553-99EF-6F08BCD74B1E.jpeg
2C6BA9B6-7655-4AC5-BA73-92CEE72B7247.jpeg
A768805D-FD10-4BB6-BA14-26B40CFD0387.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd
I just opened up my t3x lite stock to accept a medium palma which is about the same as the Rem Varmint contour. The Tikka stocks are much better than the plastic remington and savage crap. Plenty stiff enough for these contours. I wouldn’t go bigger than that anyhow or your rifle will be a pig. I can shoot off a bipod without the barrel touching the stock. I just took a dremel to it. I didnt take the time to sand it perfectly smooth. Didnit for function. Yes it has a little too much scope on it. I need to switch it out And havent done it yet.

View attachment 7213898View attachment 7213899View attachment 7213900
Looks awesome, which barrel did you go with?

Sendero contour worked good for me,not too heavy and gave me good balance
It fit the original stock fine? I just put. a brake on my .300 and it groups really right just heats up so damn fast.

how’s the accuracy?
If this one is for me, the accuracy is what you would expect for a high quality aftermarket barrel. Shoots Prime 130gr and Hornady 147 into tiny clusters. I have only shot one group with each. No sense in wasting ammo on group shooting.

Reactions: UPSTATERAM