• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time pieces/Watches?

I've bounced around a bit on watching I love a good timepiece, I dislike apple watches lol. If you want something that looks fancy without breaking the bank and has been reliable look into Invicta. They make good stuff, and you can find deals all the time. Now they probably won't be a collector's item, they tend to copy old or existing looks from the big boy manufacturers, but all in all great looks, are built well, and not going to break the bank. For my daily watch that my ex-wife gifted me in the army. The Garmin Tactix series are the shit. They don't have all the fancy text/talk features of apple watches, but they have full 10 digit grid GPS American and GLONASS Satelite capability, and the bezel is sapphire, I fell down a mountain side hit it against a few rocks on the way down (before muzzle thumping myself with my own M4), not a scratch on the glass/sapphire, I paint on the metal scratched.

Reactions: Jigstick
Got it’s brother ….Seiko Emperors Tuna. Keeps COSC time.
By the way… the Grandfather Tuna or Emperor Tuna is one of the coolest watches posted here…. Totally iconic. First Titanium case watch. High-beat movement.
D95DB229-998D-4138-B41F-6D63D0CAD6C2.jpeg

1975 First year… 6159 automatic. One of the great watches of all time!

Thanks for posting.

Sirhr

By the way… the Grandfather Tuna or Emperor Tuna is one of the coolest watches posted here…. Totally iconic. First Titanium case watch. High-beat movement. View attachment 8002406

1975 First year… 6159 automatic. One of the great watches of all time!

Thanks for posting.

Sirhr
Thanks !!
The Emperor Tuna is a awesome watch. Big , but feels lighter than it looks.
They had their thinking caps on when they made them. Dig your watch too !
I’m rough on watches but I wear it daily and it hasn’t shown any desk dive dings yet.
It keeps better time than my other nice watch , a Omega Seamaster. My beater is a G-Shock Rangeman.
A watch without a auto movement has no soul.
👍
224D2BDD-BB67-4F7E-9EDF-53E97D136D95.jpeg

So, after much "mentoring" into getting a well made, rugged, high end, end of the world proof watch by @sirhrmechanic, I caved and picked up a Resco Gen 1 Patriot. The thing is a freaking tank, and is definitely something that will get passed down to one of the kids when I leave this world.

View attachment 7018114

Anyone else have some nice watches? I'm pretty impressed with the quality of these Resco's...
Here’s another Seiko …..a SRPO43 aka The Spork. I like the Dive Bezel …real positive clicks
DADC3E91-3E4D-498A-B0FF-61E29C8576F6.jpeg
CD0AF232-1581-482D-87C3-C6470606DA1E.jpeg
plus the Aircraft like dial. Crazy Lume. Bracelet is comfy , The downsides are non-hacking movement , plus no manual winding …all by wrist movement , or winder. I got mine at a decent price , now they are pricey….almost 1K.

I have bought two Aragon Tritium watches recently, they aren't expensive, $200 or so. The Tritium is supposed to glow for 20 years. They are an overall bigger watch, but I have huge wrists.

Finally picked one up. was so sick of looking at my watches at night hunting, and the Glow illum. was never charged . Tritium is always there and 'clean' so easy to fast read . Aragon say's 12 year 1/2 life on the Trit. tubes .
I got to say it is the thickest heaviest Diver/bodied watch I have ever owned, but it still feels OK on the wrist.

this Pic. is not even made in a dark environment, just bad dimly lite room . Outside hunting at night when I pull my sleeve back, the thing is pumping out the Illum. .
-
Aragon Herc. Tritium 1.jpg

-

Last edited:
Reactions: pmclaine
Skeleton art watch face's, there fun, there all over the place . non traditional, a busy look for a watch Face . Not much in-between, either you like or don't like . It just something different every now and then for watch wear.
This one, Seiko auto 24 jewel movement, K1 crystal, IP coated stainless body and bezel, 24 tritium tube face w/Full lume minute markers on bezel . WR 200 meter

regeneron Tritium.jpg
-

That is one cool piece of Art . Ti, and precision Swiss skeletal movement ???

Yup, case is fused quartz and carbon with the movement that's titanium and carbon fiber along with a white gold rotor.

image.jpg

my poors contribution. i liked certain things about the resco, but couldn't find a watch of their's that checked all my boxes.

the band attachment that screws in instead of the stupid spring loaded pins. i have had those let loose on me before and ended up with a shattered watch face as a result.

it has good lume, AND tritium for when the lume wears off. it has BIG numbers where the hand points; over the years my close up vision has gone to shit and in the middle of the night when you are 3/4 asleep, it is easy to get confused if there are just dots.

i haven't had to adjust the time in a year and a half; other than daylights saving time bullshit.

the numbers are machined in the bezel-the other two watches i had lost the numbers over the years due to the paint wearing off.

it wasn't super expensive, but it wasn't exactly cheap either. it is the only watch i found that had everything i wanted. it is an everyday watch that i wear at work and everywhere else. i've been very happy with it.

You would think for the price of that watch they would size it for you.

I keep pondering something with a tourbillon or skeletonized.

It is sized, it's on a velcro strap, they need to be broken in. When new they're a little rigid and it doesn't sit flat on the wrist, usually in a few days it bends nicely and conforms. It also comes with the blue elastic, which I'll eventually use. Although I think I'm going to scoop up a black elastic since it looks much better on it.

View attachment 8040749

my poors contribution. i liked certain things about the resco, but couldn't find a watch of their's that checked all my boxes.

the band attachment that screws in instead of the stupid spring loaded pins. i have had those let loose on me before and ended up with a shattered watch face as a result.

it has good lume, AND tritium for when the lume wears off. it has BIG numbers where the hand points; over the years my close up vision has gone to shit and in the middle of the night when you are 3/4 asleep, it is easy to get confused if there are just dots.

i haven't had to adjust the time in a year and a half; other than daylights saving time bullshit.

the numbers are machined in the bezel-the other two watches i had lost the numbers over the years due to the paint wearing off.

it wasn't super expensive, but it wasn't exactly cheap either. it is the only watch i found that had everything i wanted. it is an everyday watch that i wear at work and everywhere else. i've been very happy with it.
Nice looking functional watch.

What is the magic and model?

It is sized, it's on a velcro strap, they need to be broken in. When new they're a little rigid and it doesn't sit flat on the wrist, usually in a few days it bends nicely and conforms. It also comes with the blue elastic, which I'll eventually use. Although I think I'm going to scoop up a black elastic since it looks much better on it.

So spill the details. Did you pay retail? What led you to pick that one? Do you work in Formula 1 and it was a gift for team principles? How comfortable are you wearing that on your wrist in public? It is a ghetto lottery ticket for the wrong hood rat, does that give you pause when you stop at the Circle K?

Inquiring minds want to know.

View attachment 8040749

What is it…? It’s very nice!

Sirhr

Nice looking functional watch.

What is the magic and model?

@myronman3, that's a cool watch. What is it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Appears to be a Reactor Trident 2
@NukeMMC for the win. reactor trident 2.

the only "gun guy" i can stand to listen to, is Pat Mcnamara. he did a video and while back and mentioned reactor watches, i did my research from there. only bad thing is the guy that started it is retiring and it doesnt seem that his kids are interested in taking over. a lot of the online inventory is sold out, there are a few models left. i was looking at their site today; and briefly considered grabbing another one of the other models just because.

Last edited:
Well, technically, the Sea Pearl is intended for women. I think they're fairly small for a rugged female watch (38mm IIRC). I've been thinking about getting the wife one for Mother's day or what not. Stainless, mother of pearl face, blue stingray band.

There's certainly some nice time pieces in this thread...

If it has a battery it is a watch.

If it has winding or self-winding movement it and it does not lose value when you buy it, it is a time piece.

I have a Swiss watch paid $1000 for it in 1998. It is a Tissot, I don't know the model. Bought it in Dubai in a Rolex store in one of the big malls. We got free lunch for going in there.

Has a battery, eats a battery ever 3-4 months.

Heavy, looks good, never wear it.

Actually a Bell & Ross, I’m a sucker for the aviator gauge style interface.
Bell and Ross was a brand offered by Sinn which made the watches and the movements. Started in the early 1990’s.

It’s one of the reason the B&R are such great watches. They just had this retro vibe with them. And heavily aviation-styled. I still have a 1993 or 4 catalog somewhere. From the days when we got catalogs!

Sirhr

Reactions: jff_stvns
So spill the details. Did you pay retail? What led you to pick that one? Do you work in Formula 1 and it was a gift for team principles? How comfortable are you wearing that on your wrist in public? It is a ghetto lottery ticket for the wrong hood rat, does that give you pause when you stop at the Circle K?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Yeah, from the boutique. I’ve been obsessed with RM for a long time, after having a few APs I decided to just make the jump. The APs would be noticed far more than the RMs, when wearing them I’d regularly have people looking at it since it was the black ceramic, with a handful actually walking up and asking about it. The RM030 I have and I’ve worn daily up until this came, I only had two people ask about it, most people don’t even notice it.

Honestly, not that concerned since I work from home and the only places I venture out to are the airport to go fly, the range, or to dinner. So not crossing paths with trouble much at all.

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
A Lange is on my list, too. And actually, prices on used ones are sort of rock-bottom-ish. Noone seems to want them. Not 'in vogue.'

But one of the most incredible watches. A friend of mine was their Marketing or Sales VP or similar before moving to head Vulcain. I asked him where his Lange was and he said... "even management has to buy one if they want to wear it."

One of these days... Also want an original Doxa Sharkhunter. Those have gotten spendy.

Sirhr

Bell and Ross was a brand offered by Sinn which made the watches and the movements. Started in the early 1990’s.

It’s one of the reason the B&R are such great watches. They just had this retro vibe with them. And heavily aviation-styled. I still have a 1993 or 4 catalog somewhere. From the days when we got catalogs!

Sirhr
I did not know this, thanks for the cool history lesson.

I did not know this, thanks for the cool history lesson.

The official history.

What isn't mentioned in the Wiki is the Sinn connection. Trying to find that now... they may have bought them out.

sinn.jpg

In any case, they are amazing watches! Gorgeous and tier-one movements, cases and designs.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. Here is the more-comprehensive history:

The official history.

What isn't mentioned in the Wiki is the Sinn connection. Trying to find that now... they may have bought them out.

View attachment 8041657

In any case, they are amazing watches! Gorgeous and tier-one movements, cases and designs.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. Here is the more-comprehensive history:

I have been a fan of the brand for quite sometime but never really new there full history, great read thanks for sharing.

1673194231478.jpeg

Sweet !

For a do all, the G-a shock is hard to beat.

I’ve been wearing the piss out of my GW-7900B and I’m starting to believe it’ll be around after all the cockroaches are dead.

View attachment 8057078
Have a G-Shock Rangeman thats been my daily beater for a couple of years.
My only gripe is my eyes !! It will do so many things it’s hard to believe , or I’m my case , I can’t see all the complications that it has. 🫣
1B6466E2-3F8F-48FA-9263-BB13978C36A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Have a G-Shock Rangeman thats been my daily beater for a couple of years.
My only gripe is my eyes !! It will do so many things it’s hard to believe , or I’m my case , I can’t see all the complications that it has. 🫣View attachment 8057113
I’ve been wanting a Mudmaster in the worst way. I just can’t bring my self to do it.

It’s definitely not a luxury time piece, but damn if I don’t love an analog watch that I can beat the hell out of.

I have a Gravity Master at home that I had a local shop replace the battery.

Ever since it fogs up. I need to get it sent back to Casio for repair and replacement.

And it’s some ugly ass green color. But picked it up off of marketplace for $40.

Reactions: Sandhog308
I’ve been wanting a Mudmaster in the worst way. I just can’t bring my self to do it.

It’s definitely not a luxury time piece, but damn if I don’t love an analog watch that I can beat the hell out of.

I have a Gravity Master at home that I had a local shop replace the battery.

Ever since it fogs up. I need to get it sent back to Casio for repair and replacement.

And it’s some ugly ass green color. But picked it up off of marketplace for $40.

I bought and wore a Mudmaster for a short time.….Awesome timepiece, but far from inexpensive. I loaned It to my daughter when she took a trip to SE Asia last year.
She doesn’t want to give it back !! 🤔

For a do all, the G-a shock is hard to beat.

I’ve been wearing the piss out of my GW-7900B and I’m starting to believe it’ll be around after all the cockroaches are dead.

View attachment 8057078
you gents must have had better g shocks than i had. i bought one about ten years back...it lasted me about 6 years before it went haywire. the buttons locked up on it, and the light would come on an off until the battery died. at first i figured it was the battery getting low, so i put in a new one. nope.....same same. so i put a new batter in my luminox again, and that one took a left turn on queer street, too.
my brother never wore a watch, and i asked him how he did it. he pointed out that he just uses his phone. i tried that crap for a year....couldnt get used to it. i looked at the g shocks again...but i want more than 6 years out of a watch. i know a lot of people get that...but they don't seem to hold up for me.

Reactions: Sandhog308