• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

titegroup a good choice?

Zengineer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
sl,ut
Looking to load light 9mm for practice and comp. All they need to do is punch paper. I shoot a 124 gr bullet out of a glock 19
Titegroup a good choice?

Re: titegroup a good choice?

Works great, I us it for for all my plinking loads 9mm,357, 44 mag,45 acp,45Colt. Its a hot powder a little goes along way, not the cleanest.

IMHO, HP38/W231 would be a safer choice.

Titegroup is a very fast, fine grain powder. It's not the best with lead bullets as it's hot burning and really smokes the lube.

About 4grs is all you need, so you have to be careful of double charging.

i have used both titegroup and 231. the only reason i use titegroup is because i could not find 231. they both shoot clean (less powder residue on and inside gun) and as far as i can tell just as accurate. I like 231 more because its less smokey. when i shoot inside tite group puts out more smoke than 231.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zengineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well does 231 meter? </div></div>
Meters fine.

Ive found titegroup to have a sharper recoil and it makes the gun really hot. also didnt like that you can quadrouple charge a case

I'm a big fan of TG. I've shot 16lb of it in the last 2 years... 45 mainly. I use jacketed bullets, and it is not smokey or dirty.

It is extremely versatile, and will load any pistol cartridge (I even use it for 500SW plinking rounds), though it achieves low velocity in most. It works great in 45 - I get ~1000fps with 5.75gr and a 200gr Montana Gold.

Between TG, 700x, 800x, Win231, Unique and bullseye, I find that TG provides the LEAST abrupt recoil impulse in my Glock 30 and 21.

Folks I shoot with say TG is really loud.

IMR 700x is another versatile pistol powder.