• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s today's Coriolis

rw496

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2013
Lake County, IN
Anybody else notice that the Earth's rotation today was inconsistent and jerky, first speeding up then slowing down? Really threw off a few of my shots, left then right. Must have been the effects of last nights super Moon. Anyway, hope that smooths out before the next time I shoot.

It was especially bad for me at 100yds today! First time for everything... I'll file your lead and check the moon phase next time!

Only if you are shooting in the southern hemisphere, the spin is opposite down there, righty loosie, lefty tighty -

Definitely. Fair warning though, if you use metric left handed bullets in a right hand twist barrel you could seriously screw up the universe. Worm holes and all that. Oh, and forget Bergers. Use burgers. I hear McDonald's has them for a buck.

That I couldn't hit hit paper at 50 this weekend ,,, I knew it wasn't my fault
Thanks I feel better now

That's why I couldn't hit hit paper at 50 this weekend ,,, I knew it wasn't my fault
Thanks I feel better now

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the Earth's rotation today was inconsistent and jerky, first speeding up then slowing down? Really threw off a few of my shots, left then right. Must have been the effects of last nights super Moon. Anyway, hope that smooths out before the next time I shoot.

Global warming is know to give earth the hiccups.

Thanks and well done. I needed that dose of laughter, today.

I didn't experience and movement changes with the super moon but I did notice a reduction in my velocities through my chrono. Looked closely at my 750 gr Hornady loads and saw what appeared to be fur growing around the bullet. Not shooting in a full moon again.....