• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Sniper - Military Channel

Re: Top Sniper - Military Channel

I think I remember seeing that that they were transitioning over to the XM110 during the show.

Don't know what they using in the competition though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anybody know what rifle system the army marksmanship unit is using? </div></div>

Ashbury Intnl. SABER-FORSST (modular stock chassis system) 338Lm SWS ,

PP out

The AMU's main rifle was a Rem 700 in 300 WSM in a stock that SFC Johnson and someone else designed (you can see it at Surgeon Rifles website) they mention the load he was running in one of the episodes. I want to say they were pushing a 175 SMK at 3050+-. Ashbury International did have a really nice 338 LM rifle there for the vendor shoot. Patriot Arms had a couple of exceptionally nice 308s on hand as well that you see for a couple of seconds in the first episode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dodgefan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The AMU's main rifle was a Rem 700 in 300 WSM <span style="font-weight: bold">in a stock that SFC Johnson and someone else designed</span> (you can see it at Surgeon Rifles website) they mention the load he was running in one of the episodes. I want to say they were pushing a 175 SMK at 3050+-. Ashbury International did have a really nice 338 LM rifle there for the vendor shoot. Patriot Arms had a couple of exceptionally nice 308s on hand as well that you see for a couple of seconds in the first episode. </div></div>

Was this the stock?

TacMod Stock

Was it the Irish team that had the rifle with the twisted barrel fluting?

Did I get it right that Travis Haley from Magpul is the guy in Blackwater Sniper video that they showed clips of in the show? Didn't know if that was the usual History Channel stock Iraq video.

The music is the same as Magpul DVD!

I guess sniping is way past the Hathcock, one-shot, one-kill.

Don't screw around in Pittsburgh when there is a police helicopter around. (Pittsburgh- that seems kind of random.)

Cool shows, about half-way thru them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it the Irish team that had the rifle with the twisted barrel fluting?

Did I get it right that Travis Haley from Magpul is the guy in Blackwater Sniper video that they showed clips of in the show? Didn't know if that was the usual History Channel stock Iraq video.

The music is the same as Magpul DVD!

I guess sniping is way past the Hathcock, one-shot, one-kill.

Don't screw around in Pittsburgh when there is a police helicopter around. (Pittsburgh- that seems kind of random.)

Cool shows, about half-way thru them. </div></div>

Yes indeed that was Travis.

There was one thing I found particularly interesting allthou I didn't get to catch it all, as others were talking in room.

At one point I think they showed making a 'bird's nest' and I could have sworn they had guys stuffing the front bell of the scope with twigs and leaves and stuff? Did I catch that right?

I have been trying to find where I can either get a video or view on-line but have not been successful. Did anyone get a copy burned on a DVD or have a copy available?

Thanks
Pat

I believe that is correct....was to break up the "dark round circle" of the objective which was picked up by observer.

It was just grass twirled up like a birds nest then tightly placed into the scope to remove the 'dark hole' Sticks would scratch. I found that to be a wonderful tip to get rid of the perfect circle in the field.

Is there any website that i can go to and watch in episodes in full. Saw tidbits on mc site but nothing over 2 minutes. thanks

Yeah, but it's not as fun when a certain Sergeant First Class ruins it and let's you know which team won, and by how much...

DAMN YOU RICKY!!!

You sure its 4 and not 3? I only see 3 ep's listed on Titantv.com

Travis Haley is the guy on the Blackwater sniper video, he's the founder of Simply Dynamic and CEO of Magpul.

Here are the rifles we donated for Service Class 1st place. The guys that took them home won't be seen on the screen. Man I missed them on episode 1. I'll have to go back and check it out. All I saw was my ugly mug at the end.

IMG_4511copy.jpg

If anyone has this and has the capability of putting it on DVD or knows where I can get it, PM me! Thanks!

Jered right at the start of episode 1 (not sure exactly when) they show a closeup of action on one of the rifles you built and then pull back to show the rest of the rifle. Wish they would of showed some footage of the rifles being fired at the 800+ target out to the left of the tank.

I do not have military channel.
Does any one have a copy available?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jered right at the start of episode 1 (not sure exactly when) they show a closeup of action on one of the rifles you built and then pull back to show the rest of the rifle. Wish they would of showed some footage of the rifles being fired at the 800+ target out to the left of the tank.</div></div>

I was watching this episode around midnight and I think I know exactly what you are talking about. The bolt knob screams, "Hey im from PAI"

Saw a couple of episodes. Very interesting. That shooting from the Blackhawk part looked very difficult. Seems like with that much shaking going on it would be very hard to even get a good sight picture.

I believe that tank was a little beyond 800. I can't remember the range for sure. Watching that 10" target get torn up at 800 in that wind put a smile on my face. It was a ballsy move to go for right off the bat. That's why we were shooting the larger one silly. "A" type personalities I suppose
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> All I saw was my ugly mug at the end.
</div></div>

Me too, I stopped it and said, "Hey he sure looks familiar!"
grin.gif

I watched all 4 and its the best ones yet I seen on tv. It was a lot better than last years. I saved it on my ddr. I would like to get a dvd copy as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://military.discovery.com/tv/sniper/sniper.html

if anyone has a copy they could APO to me please, that would be amazing! </div></div>

I didn't get to watch this, but just took a look at the "Top Sniper Introduction" link above under Competition Highlights. Anybody else catch this but I was kind of surprised in the two close-ups shown, neither shooters had decent follow-through - pretty much jerked the trigger. Then again, they also said you need a spotter because recoil keeps a shooter from seeing their POI...

They were trying to get that on film and where doing a count down to try and get them exactly the same. It wasn't during the match. Not to mention that type of shot is a little hard to pull off with out a wee bit of yank'n.

Now Jered, you and I both know what a wee bit of yankin' does (to POI). But you at least saw what I was referring to? Synchronized shooting is no excuse for lack of follow-through, its a fundamental. I can guarantee you those SEALS off the coast of Somali had follow through.

UKDslayer/Jered I don't think you guy's are talking about the same scene. I can pretty much vouch for the fact that was no closeup shown of the two guy's that won Jered's rifles being pretty familiar with both of those guys. There was no real closeup shown of either one during any of the episodes.

I'm very surprised to see some french soldiers.
I've never get any informations in my regiment about this meeting!
What a pity!

Nice channel, interesting!

The comp was open to foreign teams and active/reserve US military. I doubt that many Commanders are going to sign off on sending a qualified sniper team back from the box to competete. Some of the teams had indeed barely any time working together. Both teams from my unit were put together at the last minute. Both AMU team members were former Ranger BN snipers with combat tours and were competing in the open class against other teams running 300 WM and 338 Lapua and nonstock service style 308 Win. 1-3 place overall went to open class teams and High service class running a stock M24 was 4th overall if I remember right 5th overall was also shooting in Service Class. Good communication between team members was very important in the competition. It definitely pointed out some training weaknesses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dodgefan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UKDslayer/Jered I don't think you guy's are talking about the same scene. I can pretty much vouch for the fact that was no closeup shown of the two guy's that won Jered's rifles being pretty familiar with both of those guys. There was no real closeup shown of either one during any of the episodes. </div></div>

Maybe not. I was referring to a promo on the link 96C listed: www.military.discovery.com/tv/sniper/sniper.html
Competition Highlights > Top Sniper -> Top Sniper Highlights

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idahomie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dumb question, but is there only 4 episodes?

JH </div></div>

Yes, only 4.

The guys that won the service class shouldn't have their faces shown for sure.
Not even sure which video we are talking about. I tried the link but have a few errors. I haven't seen the show front to back. I assumed it was what I saw them trying to video.

I checked on availability of a DVD yesterday and received this in response:

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. Subject---------------------------------------------------------------Availability of the 4 Part Series Top Sniper Discussion Thread---------------------------------------------------------------Response (Betty) - 05/13/2009 06:10 AM
Dear Pat,
Thank you for your email. I regret that we do not currently stock the item that you have requested. However, we do appreciate your interest. Please rest assured that we have forwarded your request to our merchandising group. If you do not see what you are looking for on the site, please feel free to register online to receive email updates with new products and promotions. I hope this information helps! If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
Best regards,
Betty Customer Service

Customer (Pat Patterson) - 05/12/2009 12:37 PM I was unable to watch the 4 part series, Top Sniper. Is it available in a DVD set?

Thank You
Pat

I got season two on itunes but where can you find season 1?