• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tornados Dec 11

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
First of all, I hope all members of The Hide are safe and sound.

I was looking at pictures on the search (Duck Duck) and found this:

FGUzJbjXEAU9ZsB

I don't know if this is the exact storm; but likely.

I saw another photo with 2 tornados and 3 other clouds rotating, but not fully developed!!!
https://theliberacy.com/2021/12/11/...-200-people-24-tornadoes-reported-in-the-usa/ (this apparently is an Indian news site).

Unreal!!

The big storm passed 30 miles south of us but there was another that went just north of Owensboro.
Yikes!!!! Too close for comfort.

I knew when I woke up this morning and it was 72 that we were getting set up for bad, bad weather like Dec 23, 2015 when I drove back to see Dad and I must have just missed the outbreak by hours as there were fire trucks all over place.

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
I was working last night till 1000p. I was watching the radar and the storm that hit Mayfield was huge. I kept watching it move and the tornado warning box not going away.

My area was spared as Im a little over an hour north of the worst hit area.

Smoke and prayers to any in the vicinity. I throw it out here, if anyone knows of anyone in that area that needs, send me a PM.

When the sirens went off ,the wife chucked out my 8 lbs jugs of powder to get into an interior closet.I can just see myself trying to hang on to the powder while the roof is being torn off !
So you'd grab the posder and let the wife fly away? 😉

Truly a tragic accident. Absolutely devastating and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by these tornadoes. We had a tornado hit near me last year about 3 miles away and I was finding pieces of peoples homes and fences in my yard.

Reactions: 338 Mollett
Apparently an inferior Amazon building collapsed, too. Killing workers. How's their "work for us" advertising looking now?

Hope all you guys and families and friends are ok!

Sucky time of year for a tornado swarm. Not that there is a good time.

Sirhr

Didnt Bezos spend his day today watching his Penis ship blast off with a bunch of loads on board?

Could have went to see the families of his plant workers...

Didnt Bezos spend his day today watching his Penis ship blast off with a bunch of loads on board?

Why? They are just flyover country insects to him...

We know better... but he just thinks of them as chattel.

SIrhr

Having lived in tornado alley my whole life and having survived a direct hit from a tornado I have have a lot of sympathy for the victims. My thoughts and prayers are with all who have been affected. May God give you strength and peace while you mourn and recover from this tragedy.

What you are referring to is true leadership. It’s apparent by now that’s not part of his makeup. Although in the short or long run the cost to him is almost nothing relatively speaking. But care and loyalty speaks volumes.

I believe that is what I read as well.

Never seen Tornados in December a week or so before Christmas before. Severe weather here as well but not like that......Climate change?

VooDoo

Reactions: PDXGS
Never seen Tornados in December a week or so before Christmas before. Severe weather here as well but not like that......Climate change?

VooDoo

Fucking weather.

It's about 60 in Boston right now.....it's called New England.

Reactions: Nik H
That pick was taken outside of Jonesboro, AR but it was from last night’s storms.

Another angle

View attachment 7758753

They are saying that there was one system that stayed on the ground for over 200 miles from AR into KY and produced sustained F4 and F5 rotation. This broke the record of the Tri-State tornado of 1925...

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
What you are referring to is true leadership. It’s apparent by now that’s not part of his makeup. Although in the short or long run the cost to him is almost nothing relatively speaking. But care and loyalty speaks volumes.
Jiff bozos does not run Amazon anymore. Of course he has tones of stock but technically he’s not the guy there anymore. He’s to busy with cock rockets and the Washington post now.

I was hoping the dick ship would have blown its load

Reactions: RedsandTX

VooDoo
I have, north Texas 2008. Came out of nowhere. Tore up a lot of shit

there was one i believe in early 2000 in Oklahoma that was on the ground from Tulsa to OK city if memory serves me correctly

Nope. Happens quite frequently actually.

Pockets of warm air even just 10 degrees above season-normal air can create some real interesting weather, up to and including supercells. Winter tornadoes are very common and are often the most lethal because most people are not expecting them. Professional storm chaser Pecos Hank had a chase stream from Illinois in 2017 or 18 where an early February supercell was dumping 3 inches of snow an hour and sustained cloud to ground lightning. Same system also dropped a F4 funnel at one point. Tore up a farm real bad but no injuries fortunately... Temps were in the 36-40 degree range on that day but was colliding with a 50-60 degree airmass nearby.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I was standing in the drive way at midnight once I realized the storm was going to miss to the north,and felt a warm humid wind one minute then a cold gust from another direction the next. That was eyeopening.
That's an incredible thing to experience. I have vivid memories of a strong fast moving tornadic front that had passed through one afternoon in late fall in GA. It was probably in the lower to mid-80's that day and I remember wearing short and a t-shirt to school.

The storm hit us like a freight train dropping a tornado about 15 miles to the south. After it passed through the area I remember seeing the edge of clear sky on the horizon moving towards us at probably ~60-70mph.

As that clear sky got closer, the temperature started PLUMMETING until that cloud line passed overhead, and it dropped all the way down to the upper 30's once it had passed by!!! Very cold, dry and windy as all hell and that marked the start of out winter that year.

Prayers to the victims and families of this terrible tragedy. Hopefully they recover any remaining victims that were trapped.

There has been some good news. The candle factory seems to have had far fewer deaths than I'd have thought looking at it. Then you have the good person who brought his grill and started cooking for folks. Showing indeed there are still good people, regardless of race, creed, political affiliation that exist.

Pockets of warm air even just 10 degrees above season-normal air can create some real interesting weather, up to and including supercells. Winter tornadoes are very common and are often the most lethal because most people are not expecting them. Professional storm chaser Pecos Hank had a chase stream from Illinois in 2017 or 18 where an early February supercell was dumping 3 inches of snow an hour and sustained cloud to ground lightning. Same system also dropped a F4 funnel at one point. Tore up a farm real bad but no injuries fortunately... Temps were in the 36-40 degree range on that day but was colliding with a 50-60 degree airmass nearby.

Someone was trying to tell me that we have tons of tornadoes, but nobody to see many of them.

That makes more sense now, as we get 50+* temp shifts in very short times all through the winter. If it's dumping snow you'd never know about the tornado until you were in it. Most probably get chalked up to a bad blizzard.

I have driven through one I thought was a bad thunderstorm, until I was talking to coworkers the next day and they mentioned the tornado that fucked up a trailer park 1 mile off the interstate I was driving on.
I didn't have a clue because it was just rain and dark, couldn't see the clouds or a funnel.