• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torque Wrench Shootout: Reviews + Tests

What exactly have you contributed here? Every single one of your posts from the beginning has been nothing but confrontational. Piss off.

You suck at gaslighting.

Screenshot_20230901-174443.png

Time line cleanse since I'm apparently not a contributor. I've got a couple engine builds coming up this winter and decided it's time to update my torque wrench drawer:

PXL_20230902_002022320.jpg
PXL_20230902_002110539.jpg
PXL_20230902_002039425.jpg

There was supposed to be the new 15-300 in-lb 1/4" wrench on this order, but apparently it missed this box on its way out the door. Should be here next week.

Reactions: Modoc and kthomas
This new Snap-on Techangle 15-300 in-lb is ridiculously nice:

PXL_20231001_124706222.jpg
PXL_20231001_124712314.jpg
PXL_20231001_125359621.jpg

The feedback it provides allows the user to sneak right up to the specified torque, and afterwards it provides verification of the peak value. It's certainly overkill for gunsmithing, but if one is convinced they need the best, this seems to be it.

• Haha
Reactions: E. Bryant
I really don't need a $600 torque wrench but that snap-on one looks awesome.

I really don't need a $600 torque wrench but that snap-on one looks awesome.

It is quite awesome, and the price tag (north of $700) is a bit easier to digest when it's a business expense.

Gotta love sneaking right up on that barrel torque spec:

PXL_20231107_103847718.jpg

I'm sure this will translate into better performance on the firing line, especially from the confidence that comes with knowing my barrel is torqued properly and everyone else just cranked theirs on with a ratchet like a poor :ROFLMAO:

It should probably be noted at this point that I don't work on anything so critical that the task can't be performed by a CDI clicker wrench from Amazon.

It is quite awesome, and the price tag (north of $700) is a bit easier to digest when it's a business expense.

Gotta love sneaking right up on that barrel torque spec:

View attachment 8271046

I'm sure this will translate into better performance on the firing line, especially from the confidence that comes with knowing my barrel is torqued properly and everyone else just cranked theirs on with a ratchet like a poor :ROFLMAO:

It should probably be noted at this point that I don't work on anything so critical that the task can't be performed by a CDI clicker wrench from Amazon.

I wish CDI made a version of this.