• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Toy Story

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Those of us with Children or Grandchildren often find themselves drafted to chaperone/transport the kiddoes to such fare.

This one is not cruel and unusual punishment. At several parts I was laughing so hard that Celia was elbowing me.

Worth the fare.

Greg

Re: Toy Story

x3 I saw it in 3D and it was pretty damn good! Really funny/pretty sad too

I had a tear in my eye thinking about my kid growing up (he's 7 months old but still)

I took the girlfriend and it was fairly decent. Is it just me, or is it fair ridiculous that 3D is being pushed so hard? I'm okay with it so long as I can still catch it in 2D, but the extra $2 per ticket starts to add up.

Well, after seeing <span style="font-style: italic">Avatar</span> in both media, I definitely like it when it's done right.

Look at it this way, unless there's more 3D media, what are all those new 3D TV's gonna be screening? I think it's about giving 3D TV and Blue Ray a shot in the arm.

I have resisted the surge to HD and Blue Ray resolutely. But the vendors are slowly squeezing the DVD market into a corner. I don't need HD or Blue Ray and I resent being manipulated.

Anybody else see it this way?

Greg

Took the wife and girls last night... was a great time and it kept a 2 yr old looking at the screen the whole time (of course the huge tub of popcorn helped too)

One of the reasons these all CG features work well in 3D and a lot of live action films such as "Clash of the Titans" don't is because all CG features are created with 3d geometry and a virtual camera. To turn one into a 3d feature requires modifying the camera to be a stereo rig (essentially two cameras linked 2" apart - ie the space between most people's eyes) and then rendering the 3d geometry through each camera, essentially getting "Left Eye" and "Right Eye" renders. Then, depending on the projection format, the "eyes" are combined at projection time and synched to the glasses in the audience.

With a live action film these days, most are converted to 3d using a laborious process called "dimensionalization" which is often not very accurate or at a minimum quite limited, resulting in a sort of parallax-driven Viewmaster look. It's only when a film is shot with a stereo camera, like "Avatar" was, that the live action scene can be accurately captured for projection.

Oh, right; BTW, it was my Grandaughter Kayce's (13mos) first movie. No fuss, I think she enjoyed it.

Greg

Good show. We saw it in 2D because we had little kids along and didn't want to mess with the glasses.

My 2 yr old grandson loves toy story. We are taking him this weekend to see it and his birthday party next weekend is nothing but toy story. I am sure even us old ones will get a few laughs this weekend