• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TresMon on (Survival) TV!

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Hiya guys.

I got hired on as a handyman to help a tv show production crew thats filming a show about mountain peoples tricks in the mountains on NC.

Then in like one day I got promoted to survival/primitive skills technical advisor/ and primitive gear/stuff/items maker.

So far I have made a board (bow) steamer tank, A Bow form to bend a bow. I a hickory bow that was completed and steamed into a recurve.

I made a survival camp and have put out a real deal primitive trap line. I also caught fish out of mountain stream so the on screen "talent" can catch the trout. I got paid good money for it all- playing in the woods doing what I love any way.

Now I have been promoted to "talent" - they decided they want me to be a "recurring character" on screen- another wood savvy guy!

Kinda neat! Living the dream boys- playing in the woods and being paid good for it.

Thanks for celebrating with me!

Re: TresMon on (Survival) TV!

Thanks bud!!

(Get my e-mail to your and the Misses?)

Tres, that is great news man! I hope this really turns into something very opportunistic for you and your family. Congratulations!

As the other guys have asked, what's the name of the show? It sounds like something I would definitely be interested in watching.

+1 on the show name/air dates & times/etc.

And a hearty congrats to you on this opportunity. There is nothing better than getting paid for something you love and get satisfaction and enjoyment from doing it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks bud!!

(Get my e-mail to your and the Misses?)</div></div>
Last email I got, was from back in August. To which I am still working on it's contents and intents.

A) what is the name of the show, and by whom? (National Geographic???)

B) can I have your autograph?

smile.gif

Ditto on all comments ^ ^ ^ ^ !

Tres,

We have never met, but your writings intrigue me. I can almost say, "I know that guy".

Very cool! They obviously saw "with whom they were dealing" and got the "real deal" instead of some yahoo like we see too often on lame programs!

Again, what's the program name, or is it "classified" at this time?

Kevin

What awesome payback for sharing the knowledge you have acquired with us.

Good luck and congratulations.

Congratulations!!!

Remember us little guys when you make it to the top and are rich and famous. I hope you are the next Bear Grylls. I am sure I would learn from your show not just entertainment like the other...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations!!!

Remember us little guys when you make it to the top and are rich and famous. I hope you are the next Bear Grylls. I am sure I would learn from your show not just entertainment like the other... </div></div>

Funny you should mention Bear Grylls. One of the competitors at our 22TSC match asked Tres about his survival resume and one of us quickly chimed up matter of factly that Bear would have to ask Tres how to get out of the woods. I have met and shot with Tres, fortunate to call him a friend, and can attest that he is the real deal.

Many congrats Tres! Do I have your permission to name drop when you become famous?
smile.gif

Thanks folks! The name of the show is classified for now. However in my opinion it's a really cool theme. It's about how real (modern day) mountain folk (who are general under or near the poverty level in general) get by legally or not so much in their real world, especially in this economy.

History: This is the first ever outdoorsy/reality show to be filmed in full blown HD 3D! It's INCREDIBLE to watch.

Some REALLY nice compliments were stated here. Thanks so much guys. I'm nothing special. I just serve a REALLY special God that blesses His kids.

Oh yeah, Show slated to air prior to Christmas...

Tres,

Good work. I'm proud of you. I knew God would look after you and find you some work.

Check your email.

Thanks everyone. These producers (working with three of them) change their minds many times a day. Who knows if they will actually get me in front of the camera- but I'm sure thankful for the work. That it's right up my ally is icing on the cake. Today I got paid to skin out a deer and smoke the in a tee-pee over a fire!

Congratulations!

I would note in passing that Harrison Ford was working on a set (as a carpenter if memory serves) when he was "discovered".

Best of luck!

Hey Tres! WOW! - That's great news dude. I spoke with Joe last night and he told me about the job. 'Real happy for ya man. Will ya still come and shoot with us hillbilly's at Conover? SR