• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

trg 42 trigger adjustment ?

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
question for the trg 42 shooters out there, is it as easy as the manual makes it sound to remove the trigger group or are there any issues or surprises i need to be aware of before i remove it to adjust the trigger length of pull? has anyone made this adjustment? any advice? thanks in advance

Re: trg 42 trigger adjustment ?

Piece of cake. I took mine apart the day i got it and im as from a gunsmith as you can get. you will notice though if you adjust it too light it will not function properly. I took i down to just above 2lbs.

i did notice that last night [too low and malfunction on the weight]i'll give it a try, thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">question for the trg 42 shooters out there, is it as easy as the manual makes it sound to remove the trigger group or are there any issues or surprises i need to be aware of before i remove it to adjust the trigger length of pull? has anyone made this adjustment? any advice? thanks in advance </div></div>

its beyond easy, 5mm allen to get the group out then a 2mm (I think) to adjust the 1st stage and a 2.5mm to adjust the second stage. When i got mine, I did not like how heavy the first stage was, I had it lessened in all of 5 seconds. I feel its the easyest of any Rifle I know of.

Correct. It is easy. Like stated, do not adjust the second stage down too low. It will malfunction. The second stage will engage during the first stage take up, and freeze up.

hey chad, you better check yours out, I can back mine all the way and then bump check it and its fine.

Hey 11,

Yes. It never would go off when bump checking it. During the first stage take up when it was adjusted too low, the second stage would engage, and lock the trigger up. You would have to cycle the bolt to reset, and the same thing would happen again. I was trying to go as light as possible, and went too far. It is still a very light trigger, maybe a 14 to 16 oz second stage pull weight. It functions perfect when not set too low. This was when the rifle was fairly new, and I have about 1600-1700 rounds down range since. The trigger is what really sold me on this rifle. It is the best system I have shot, and I have shot a ton of different rifles.

Chad