• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Triad Stock Pack Update

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
A little background first.  The Eagle Stock Pack patent expired over a year ago.  Even when it was in force, the patent owner (ATK), showed no interest in enforcing it.  I asked several times, at various levels of Eagle/ATK, and got no interest from them.  With Eagle/ATK moving production offshore, I had had enough.  That covers that.

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

The successful roll-out of the Triad Large Stock Pack, and the features incorporated in it, lead to the thought of "I wish all stock packs were like this one".  To this end, there are three new stock packs available in addition to the Large version.  

1. Zipper pouch with external shell loops
2. Zipper pouch with internal shell loops
3. No zipper pouch or shell loops (padding on both sides)
IMG_0013.JPG

The most obvious change is the use of full Velcro lining on the underside of the pack.  This allows more adjustment options when configuring the attachments straps under the stock.  There is more flexibility to accommodate odd shaped stocks, and sling mounting hardware.  The Velcro also allows the user to add strips of Velcro material to the underside of the pack to add elevation to the height of the comb.  EVERY TRIAD STOCK PACK WILL COME WITH STRIPS OF VELCRO MATERIAL FOR THIS PURPOSE. 

The first batch of about 400 units arrived today, more will arrive early next week.  They have been added to the online inventory, and a few photos have been posted.  I will do better/more photos over the weekend, after I figure out the new camera.

Both of the packs with pouches are listed as one product, just select which options you want and go from there.
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

The "Slick" version, with no pouches, is listed here:
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pad.html

Re: Triad Stock Pack Update

also waiting for the slick version.

one question: with the under/inside entire covered with velcro-loop - really the entire pack inside? because might be slippery on a wood stock such as mine. but probably also on any other plastic stock.

one comment: might be interesting to add one more ordering option: one larger pad of velcro-hooks? so you can directly cut, sew, and be done with the proper height.

I have two large Triad Stock Packs and one of the big selling features to me was the velcro. I haven't had any issues with the stock pack slipping. I cynch the straps down and the pack stays in place. I didn't know they offered a "Slick" version without the zippered pouch. I actaully prefer that.

To answer your question the soft velcro covers the entire inside of the stock pack that would contact your rifle. This allows you to adjust the compression straps so that they perfectly fit your rifle without leaving overlap to catch on things or get in your way. I was really impressed with the use of velcro to adjust the height of the stock pack. It was one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments for me.

The pack is very well made and I have to say Steve was very easy to deal with. He shipped my pack quickly. I was going to return it as the princess at home thought a black pack would look better on my rifle. I spoke with Steve on the phone and he said no problem, told me how to ship it back to him, but in the end I decided to keep the pack, in large part because I had used the velcro adjustments from the second pack on my eagle stock pack that I had on another rifle and liked it so much I didn't want to change it. I have since put the Triad Stock Pack on that rifle.

I have included a few pictures of the Multicam large stock pack I have here in Iraq. The pictures aren't the greatest but it should let you see for yourself. The Triad Large Stock Pack and Steve of Triad Tactical both get a 5 star rating from me. I will order the slick version when I get home in 3 months.

78d263c1.jpg

350b814a.jpg

4b03c5bb.jpg

514933d1.jpg

3d4374a5.jpg

TISSling.jpg

I have my Eagle Stock Pack here as well. I took a picture of the inside to show the difference. The Triad pack is much more adjustable. Touching the inside, the cordura backing is more "slick" than the loop velcro side. I have never had any trouble with it slipping however, once the pack was cynched down on my stock properly.

My Eagle pack was bought when they were still made in the USA, I don't know how they differ from the new ones. Between the Eagle and the Triad stock pack I prefer the Triad, but they are both excellent packs. Triad is the only one made in the USA now.

f612c43c.jpg

Neither stock pack slips or moves once its installed. They are both very solid. The velcro just allows for more adjustability, by allowing you to put the compression straps where you need to, so you can get it tight against your stock.

I will atest to how well the Triad large pack works as well. I have a leather cheek pad installed on my M1a at all times, because I need it even for shooting irons:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...tt=cheek+pad&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

DSC01026.jpg
(ignore the scope installed, I couldn't find a picture with only irons)

Then when switching to the scope, I put the triad pack on TOP of the cabela's riser and it is rock solid:

DSC01038.jpg

This combination is better and more solid than the TNVC cheek riser designed specifically for the M14. I bought one and gave it a shot, but switched back to the Cabela's/Triad combo.

Have two of there packs along with eagle packs. Very good product and great fit and finish.

the slick version is online now (no picture yet)

@steve: the slick version still have the compartment in the description?
-> Heavy Duty #9 YKK® zippered Cordura® nylon compartment for miscellaneous items or additional ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the slick version is online now (no picture yet)

@steve: the slick version still have the compartment in the description?
-> Heavy Duty #9 YKK® zippered Cordura® nylon compartment for miscellaneous items or additional ammo. </div></div>

NO! Sorry about the edit error if it caused confusion. The slick has no pocket or loops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve,

Looking for my first stock pack and trying to decide between the "regular" and "grande" sized options.

I see the regular sized pack should fit a single 5rd AICS mag via http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1822313

Would you be able to tell me if the regular stock pack will fit an Alpha Type 2 mag?

Many thanks </div></div>

Just fit one in, so YES.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremiahjs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will 300 win mag shells fit in the internal shell loops? Thanks.
</div></div>
Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremiahjs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will 300 win mag shells fit in the internal shell loops? Thanks.
</div></div>
Yes. </div></div>

Cool, ordered one today along with another bipod.

Steve, just out of curiosity...are you guys gonna be doing a "Shotgun" stock pack too? Didn't see one on the website.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremiahjs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will 300 win mag shells fit in the internal shell loops? Thanks.
</div></div>
Yes. </div></div>
Nice! Im going to order a couple as soon as the coyote internal shell loop is back in stock. Thankyou.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, just out of curiosity...are you guys gonna be doing a "Shotgun" stock pack too? Didn't see one on the website.

Thanks </div></div>

Might do it after clearing out some of these. Have a few other projects on the burner as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Lately</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to confirm, these will fit on a Manners T4 right? </div></div>

It should, but if you dont need the shell loops, the Large would be a better match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of stock fuck

</div></div>

Hell yeah internal loop coyote BACK IN STOCK

buying. what else do I need from triad to justify the shipping......

Any chance of getting a large stock pack with a small hole on the left side to accommodate a sling QD? I am using a TAB Biathlon sling attached on the left side of my Manners T4A stock. The sling mount makes using a stock pack almost impossible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of getting a large stock pack with a small hole on the left side to accommodate a sling QD? I am using a TAB Biathlon sling attached on the left side of my Manners T4A stock. The sling mount makes using a stock pack almost impossible. </div></div>

You may need to run by a shop, have a hole cut and a seam sewn in/edged. When I had Hooper install a flush cup, I marked the stock in the spot I needed it so the Eagle pack was still usable as is.

Placed an order for a stock pack with internal loops, and a podlock. It's good to know I have quality products coming my way.

I got mine today! These are very very nice stock packs. I really like the extra velcro strips to add height. You guys did a great job on these.

Got my stuff today too. Great quality and very functional. I really like the internal loops. It cleans up the look, but far more importantly it'll be better for use in the field.

Just got mine Wednesday from Santa Claus (along with a data book and a rear wedge bag).

My stock pack with hold 2-10 round AICS mags.

Well built. I love it. Rifle is perfect now!

Thanks Triad!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DerMeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my stuff today too. Great quality and very functional. I really like the internal loops. It cleans up the look, but far more importantly it'll be better for use in the field. </div></div>

Indeed, used mine on a hunt trip and ot works great!

It's on a HS stock and one thing I noticed was that the front loop is barely "short" enough to utilize the velcro in order to get it tight enough. I ran it with the pad as far back as it would go to get it tight enough and have enough velcro to secure that front strap. For my purpose, I wish the pull cord was reversed since it's closed while I'm hunting of course. Instead of the flopping cord, I close that into the pouch and still have enough purchase with the zipper to open it.

I was playing around and hand made a small pouch to house the two allen wrenches I need(or want) on board. Action screws and scope rings base. I put that in the pouch. What would be cool is a loop surface inside to have small accessory pouches fixed if desired. Heck or even place the wrench (s)/item and cover with a patch of hook.

Mark

Steve, check your e-mails! I have a phone voice amil and 2 emails on there and wanted to make sure you got it.

RH standard stock pack , shell loops, CAMO.

thanks

patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoverp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, check your e-mails! I have a phone voice amil and 2 emails on there and wanted to make sure you got it.

RH standard stock pack , shell loops, CAMO.

thanks

patrick </div></div>

Looks like Hoverp wants one real bad. I will try one next time I need a pack. I have an Eagle and a Tac Ops and like the Eagle but yours looks nice with the full velcro.

Got mine as well. Good product, for 338 Lapua owners out there if your getting the internal loops to hold rounds it's doable but the internal loops seem to be Taylor made for a 308 not the big Lapua. It's pretty tight. It is workable though, if your planning on the Lapua and shooting the 300 grain burgers they are pretty long for the standard size pack. I wish he offered the internal loops on the large size pack.

Patrick

I know what you mean about the loops on stock packs being tight. My Tac Ops doesn't like the 7mmSTW