• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2-Stage Trigger - I'm stoked!

They need to hurry the hell up. I was sending them emails for a year requesting a 2 stage 700 trigger before they finally announced it. This stock x mark trigger needs to go, but I don't want to buy something else just to replace it when the triggertech gets released.

Next step is to talk them into doing a 2 stage for the Model 7. ?

They need to hurry the hell up. I was sending them emails for a year requesting a 2 stage 700 trigger before they finally announced it.
I emailed them and they said it should be released in the fall.

I also picked up a Diamond a few weeks ago on sale. replaced the Timney 510 on my Seekins Havak. Feels much better. Would like the same feel outta the 2-Stage.

• Love
Reactions: GungHo
Well, I'll be hoping they make up for all this with a hefty Black Friday Christmas discount on those 2-stage triggers after all Q2 does not translate to "the fall" - at least not here in the U.S.

Last I heard a few weeks ago is that they are tracking for Sept, but I am speculating it will likely be October-ish and hopefully not later. I will have a new barreled action waiting for a trigger here in the next few weeks and hoping they come earlier.

thanks.

Last I heard a few weeks ago is that they are tracking for Sept, but I am speculating it will likely be October-ish and hopefully not later. I will have a new barreled action waiting for a trigger here in the next few weeks and hoping they come earlier.

Man it moves out faster than a democrats promise ...

Here's a quick video I took that really highlights the fact that the trigger has zero creep.

You can see my finger compress, but if you look at the bottom edge of the trigger shoe it doesn't move at all before the break.

That video is why I prefer a Bix or Jewell over the TT. The TT overtravels to a hard wall with zero resistance. Does it *really* make a difference? With a 20 lb rifle not really, but it’s enough to always make me think about it.

That video is why I prefer a Bix or Jewell over the TT. The TT overtravels to a hard wall with zero resistance. Does it *really* make a difference? With a 20 lb rifle not really, but it’s enough to always make me think about it.

Another advantage of the BnA is the ability to time the trigger through sear engagement adjustment sear and different sear heights.

That's a pretty big plus IMO. A lot of people in the precision rifle discipline have yet to discover how big of a difference trigger timing makes to how an action feels.

Can be the difference between a great action feeling mediocre to feeling amazing.

And I agree, I like the slight over travel the BnA triggers have. I definitely think the BnA trigger was an upgrade from the TT's I previously had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rover31 and AIAW
Another advantage of the BnA is the ability to time the trigger through sear engagement adjustment sear and different sear heights.

That's a pretty big plus IMO. A lot of people in the precision rifle discipline have yet to discover how big of a difference trigger timing makes to how an action feels.

Can be the difference between a great action feeling mediocre to feeling amazing.

And I agree, I like the slight over travel the BnA triggers have. I definitely think the BnA trigger was an upgrade from the TT's I previously had.

DAMNIT now i think ill just stick to the BnAs...hate it when someone makes sense LOL!!

Yep...Q2 to Summer/Fall. Hopefully we don't hear Fall/Winter next.
I've got TriggerTech Specials and a Diamond in all the suspects for a a TriggerTech 2-stage in my vault by now. I'll order one and if it impresses me I'll switch but if not the current configurations will remain. Like I said there'd better be a huuuuuuge discount on Black Friday. Q2 does not equal Septemberish/October where I'm from; having been subject to my Uncle Sam's time lines for most of my life I have a hard time with civillian manufacturer release time lines that seem to fall under the celestial exceptions of the space/time continuum LOL!

DAMNIT now i think ill just stick to the BnAs...hate it when someone makes sense LOL!!
I have a friend who swears by the Bix'n Andy, got to compare his Bix'n Andy to my TriggerTechs and I guess it boils down to preference but I shoot where it's windy and dusty and I like the sealed TriggerTechs with their frictionless triggers better. Also I see no point getting a fluted bolt, thinking about having an action finished with diamond like carbon coating (DLC) to reduce the friction of stainless on stainless further by seven times when you go right back to adding friction with a traditional system, however minimal back in. I'm not a Bix'n Andy hater, they are fine triggers but I want a trigger that is suitable, and dependable in windy, dusty semi-arid to arid climates and I have not seen a TriggerTech fail yet wherever I've been shooting in the Western U.S.

Didn't really get a lot out of that video, here is one that gave me some data:

I have a friend who swears by the Bix'n Andy, got to compare his Bix'n Andy to my TriggerTechs and I guess it boils down to preference but I shoot where it's windy and dusty and I like the sealed TriggerTechs with their frictionless triggers better. Also I see no point getting a fluted bolt, thinking about having an action finished with diamond like carbon coating (DLC) to reduce the friction of stainless on stainless further by seven times when you go right back to adding friction with a traditional system, however minimal back in. I'm not a Bix'n Andy hater, they are fine triggers but I want a trigger that is suitable, and dependable in windy, dusty semi-arid to arid climates and I have not seen a TriggerTech fail yet wherever I've been shooting in the Western U.S.

I've owned both, and have shot both (BnA and TT) in really windy and dusty conditions - haven't had any trigger reliability issues with either brand. Last year's Quiet Riot had some ugly conditions for wind and dust which tested the reliability of a lot of equipment, not a single issue with my BnA.

Having owned both, I find the BnA has some better design features. Both are great triggers.

Here’s where I shoot...northern Nevada...powdery alkali dust windy every afternoon and I’ve never had a issue with a BnA...been in my guns for 3yrs.

Attachments

• 290B634A-E3F9-4F16-830C-1E5DDCEC49A1.jpeg
    290B634A-E3F9-4F16-830C-1E5DDCEC49A1.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DC072922-F8F9-4BDE-B87E-4A81DEBEB7DF.jpeg
    DC072922-F8F9-4BDE-B87E-4A81DEBEB7DF.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 3B3724F2-E5E7-4749-B43B-DCF24FE3240A.jpeg
    3B3724F2-E5E7-4749-B43B-DCF24FE3240A.jpeg
    647.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: kthomas and Dooby
Here’s where I shoot...northern Nevada...powdery alkali dust windy every afternoon and I’ve never had a issue with a BnA...been in my guns for 3yrs.

I've shot all over the place with mine - Texas, Utah, Arizona, etc. - been through plenty of windy and dusty conditions without a hiccup.

Reactions: 47guy
I've shot all over the place with mine - Texas, Utah, Arizona, etc. - been through plenty of windy and dusty conditions without a hiccup.

I love the BnAs run them in 3 guns...I tried my bubbies TT and it was pretty nice...I’d like to try the 2 stage TT for a bit just to see.

I just emailed TT about these and got a reply this morning. They said,
"The two stage is in the final stages of development and testing is going very well.
We anticipate we are 2-3 months away from the release".

Reactions: bunsen27
I just emailed TT about these and got a reply this morning. They said,
"The two stage is in the final stages of development and testing is going very well.
We anticipate we are 2-3 months away from the release".
Quite a ways from Q2.

I was wondering about this as well looking forward to try a two stage, guess I'll have to run a standard TT Diamond on my current build.

...or made the initial announcement and release immediately.
They should've waited until SHOT Show 2020 then and had them ready for shipment right after. All these early "announcements" do is tick people off, and make great companies and their products look bad.
It's interesting to get a glimpse of "what's going on in Q's lab", yet it's better not to ratchet up expectations by early prototype reveals only to have product supply lagging after and expectations doused with cold water. Better to have a surprise reveal whenever, outside of SHOT and immediate availability. I understand that manufacturer's get their big deals from factory rifle producers but in the end all those products only bring money when they finally end up in the hands of the consumer, us. A rifle that sits on the shelf because people have soured on the brand brings no bucks for the bang so to speak.

They should've waited until SHOT Show 2020 then and had them ready for shipment right after. All these early "announcements" do is tick people off, and make great companies and their products look bad.
It's interesting to get a glimpse of "what's going on in Q's lab", yet it's better not to ratchet up expectations by early prototype reveals only to have product supply lagging after and expectations doused with cold water. Better to have a surprise reveal whenever, outside of SHOT and immediate availability. I understand that manufacturer's get their big deals from factory rifle producers but in the end all those products only bring money when they finally end up in the hands of the consumer, us. A rifle that sits on the shelf because people have soured on the brand brings no bucks for the bang so to speak.

It can certainly cost them sales.
How many are holding off till the two stage comes out instead of just buying a regular trigger because they have no idea a two stage is in the works.

It can certainly cost them sales.
How many are holding off till the two stage comes out instead of just buying a regular trigger because they have no idea a two stage is in the works.
I have a build that will be ready in the next few weeks and decided to just stick with the single stage rather than wait it out. I’ll revisit the 2-stage once they have been on the market for a while.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I think the best information we have so far is the above, August 26 post where the poster stated that he emailed TriggerTech, and they replied that they are almost done with testing, it is going well, and they estimate 2-3 months before release. Yes, I find this disappointing, and I totally agree that companies should not "announce" products will be ready at a certain time if it is not actually ready to be released. It totally kills buyer expectations, gets you mad at the company, and you end up buying something else. Much better to be done, and ready to release, but continue testing, maybe send one or two out for Beta testing, and then announce that it will be released next week or whatever.

I think the best information we have so far is the above, August 26 post where the poster stated that he emailed TriggerTech, and they replied that they are almost done with testing, it is going well, and they estimate 2-3 months before release. Yes, I find this disappointing, and I totally agree that companies should not "announce" products will be ready at a certain time if it is not actually ready to be released. It totally kills buyer expectations, gets you mad at the company, and you end up buying something else. Much better to be done, and ready to release, but continue testing, maybe send one or two out for Beta testing, and then announce that it will be released next week or whatever.

I agree, I remember other companies saying that they would prefer this in a perfect world but building hype and announcing early is the only effective way to get it done. I'm ready for an industry reset in this area but I guess it's just something we as consumer have to accept.

I wish I could find the post and quote it... take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Easy fix, get it done, get it tested, get it in stock, announce it will release in 60 days, Keep building stock so you don't have to go into backorders on release. Build hype for the release with the product ready. Companies could release samples of product into the wild to pro-testers and prize tables and youtubers for real world feedback and to build anticipation and tempt fence-sitters who may be waiting for more data. Then release product on time and sleep on a pile of money.

Easy fix, get it done, get it tested, get it in stock, announce it will release in 60 days, Keep building stock so you don't have to go into backorders on release. Build hype for the release with the product ready. Companies could release samples of product into the wild to pro-testers and prize tables and youtubers for real world feedback and to build anticipation and tempt fence-sitters who may be waiting for more data. Then release product on time and sleep on a pile of money.
Business 101...simple enough. Now how do we get those not already doing this in the industry onboard? Generally the hype leads to customer impatience.

What did you think of the two stage? As good as they say?

I liked it. To be honest I have little experience with two stage triggers. I’ve shot a factory TRG and Tac A1. I currently have a diamond and special. The break was as clean as you would expect from a TT. I am wanting to try a two stage so I will probably get one if they ever come. The ability to marry my finger to the trigger in the first stage before breaking the shot makes since to me and feels good.