• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2-Stage Trigger - I'm stoked!

Ok. But this thread is about 2 stage triggers. Yes Diamonds are nice but since we are talking 2 stage the B&A is so far ahead of the game.... etc etc.

ok so you know that the BnA is NOT a true 2 stage it’s a take up trigger...as far as I know the geissele super 700 is the only true 2 stage so the BnA is actually a single stage with a bunch of creep.

I like that I don't need to carry a can of lighter fluid to clean my TT when it goes down from contamination, because it doesn't.
I don't know if B&A can claim the same.

I really wanted to like the Bix'n Andy when I tried one a good while ago but as I already stated elsewhere on this forum the back and forth with getting the wrong info on what sear I needed before they came out with their handy dandy chart, and them again subsequently messing up and sending the wrong one the second time just soured me on the whole thing. Sold the German Uber Engineering and haven't looked back. I'll keep using the single stage TTs until they get with the program and hope for the end result to be so overwhelming that all the wait will have been worth it LOL.

I REALLY liked the BnA..EXCEPT...for the over travel...I hated it but ran them for several years.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I like that I don't need to carry a can of lighter fluid to clean my TT when it goes down from contamination, because it doesn't.
I don't know if B&A can claim the same.

there is not a trigger made that won’t go down if enough crap gets in it...for me the Calvin elite was the worst the jewel second and the BnA only one time I had issues with it...I havenot shot the TT long enough to say but I can say we shot 3 strings of a match last Saturday in 20mph winds at start and 35+ when the MD shut it down and no issues with the TT.

I would have to say that the Geisselle super 700 is worth a solid look. I had MikeR@tacops put one on my Delta 51 and it definitely does not fail to impress but that is just my experience. YMMV.

there is not a trigger made that won’t go down if enough crap gets in it...for me the Calvin elite was the worst the jewel second and the BnA only one time I had issues with it...I havenot shot the TT long enough to say but I can say we shot 3 strings of a match last Saturday in 20mph winds at start and 35+ when the MD shut it down and no issues with the TT.
I don't know that TTs have anywhere for dirt to get it. I think they're sealed.

I'll pull one out and really dissect it.

you dont need to pull anything out....look at the bottom where the shoe goes into the body...or how about the top of the trigger at the sear....
This is right off their site, so take it for the marketing that it is, but, I've never heard of one going down from dust/dirt.
"Even when intentionally contaminated with the harshest materials, Frictionless Release Technology™ and TKR Technology™ work together to keep your gun running with incredibly crisp trigger breaks."

Reactions: SonicBurlap
This is right off their site, so take it for the marketing that it is, but, I've never heard of one going down from dust/dirt.
"Even when intentionally contaminated with the harshest materials, Frictionless Release Technology™ and TKR Technology™ work together to keep your gun running with incredibly crisp trigger breaks."

well i cant argue with you because ive never seen one go down...maybe someone that has will post in here...im about ready to put a new barrel on when i do ill put some dust/dirt on my and see what it does.

Reactions: Tokay444
Yeah, I wasn't really meaning to argue. It's all learning. For me anyway.

Reactions: 47guy
Yeah, I wasn't really meaning to argue. It's all learning. For me anyway.

no me either I don’t argue...to much...it’s a waste of time but I would like to know if they are prone to dirt/dust like every other trigger made

Simple answer: NO They are not! The only trigger I have not seen go down in matches in desert Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada, and not only do they not go down but they don't require lubing and constant maintenance.

Had a tac sport pro 2 stage go down on me 2 different times. They were great on replacing/repairing, but never would answer about what went wrong.
9E2EED6F-0D77-417E-9041-81ADBBB5FC9A.jpeg

Simple answer: NO They are not! The only trigger I have not seen go down in matches in desert Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada, and not only do they not go down but they don't require lubing and constant maintenance.

I live in northern Nevada...we have the fine powdery alkali dust here as you probably know so if this trigger goes a summer without going down I’ll be a believer.

I had gnats make a Calvin elite go down...twice in one day.

Since there's discussion about alternatives, how does the CG Mod 22 stack up nowadays?
I haven't shot one personally, but some consider them to be the best triggers in the world. AI trusts them.

Since I'm the original OP of this thread about the announced TriggerTech 2-stage I highly recommend that if you just want to voice your dissatisfaction about TriggerTech as a company in general, or are solely interested in extolling, or comparing the virtues of other trigger alternatives, or non bolt gun triggers I highly recommend you start your own thread. There are those who are still interested about hearing about the original subject, should the TriggerTech 2-stage ever be released and having to wade through a glut of posts over the virtues of Bix'n Andy, or Calvin Elite is a disservice to them, and a waste of their time.

I need a trigger for an ongoing build. Any idea when the TT will be available? Their web site says 1st quarter of 2020. Not much time left.

They already pushed it out to 2nd Quarter from what I've heard, and after umpteen times I'm no longer holding my breath; I just sporadically check their web site.

Dude thats been pushed now for over a year straight - if i did that in my job i would be fired
I agree, I would've been too but in an industry that sits on new stuff all year just to reveal at SHOT Show, or announces new stuff at SHOT Show just to gather headlines even though their product is a concept product, or prototype at best this seems to be acceptable and ok. This whole thing has soured me a bit on their marketing and management but not their products. I've been running their single stage triggers which in my opinion are the best available for years now without any incidents at all, regardless the weather.

I posted this originally, so believe me I know how many times this has been pushed out and how long it's been - long enough to believe they are released when I hold one in my hand but not before. The whole idea of keeping the customer in the dark, and fertilizing regularly with reports about prototype sightings, articles and reviews by "privileged beta testers" without product availability for over a year now is B.S. and their marketing crew would be looking for greener pastures by now if I were the one handing them their bread each month. Nuff said!

If anyone wants to get a good laugh in you can go to their web site and see the two stage now posted on their bolt action products page and after almost a year and a half it is still listed as COMING SOON! but now with "reviews" posted that claim "underpromised but overdelivered". By now their two stage is truly "legendary," or is it mythological? Sightings are getting akin to Bigfoot's.

If anyone wants to get a good laugh in you can go to their web site and see the two stage now posted on their bolt action products page and after almost a year and a half it is still listed as COMING SOON! but now with "reviews" posted that claim "underpromised but overdelivered". By now their two stage is truly "legendary," or is it mythological? Sightings are getting akin to Bigfoot's.

Dealer demos are available. Mine is in the mail.

Dealer demos are available. Mine is in the mail.
Demos and prototypes to dealers and "privileged beta testers" and lots of marketing ever since SHOT 2019. In the meantime I told x amount of new shooters not just about my single stage Triggertech and that they were coming out with a two stage which turned into another industry Bigfoot, no longer will I ever mention a product that has merely been announced. Lesson learnt!

Just buy a Bix'N Andy Tacsport or Tacsport Pro 2 stage. A very good trigger that is at least available. Even the Tubb T7T is a good trigger, it just sucks to inlet your stock for.

I too was excited for the TT 2 stage, but that has passed and I'm tired of waiting so I moved on. They announced it in 2018, and it has been vaporware until recently. TT is now off my radar.

Reactions: B-P-UU and kthomas
Just buy a Bix'N Andy Tacsport or Tacsport Pro 2 stage. A very good trigger that is at least available. Even the Tubb T7T is a good trigger, it just sucks to inlet your stock for.

I too was excited for the TT 2 stage, but that has passed and I'm tired of waiting so I moved on. They announced it in 2018, and it has been vaporware until recently. TT is now off my radar.
I had a Bix'n Andy once, as I have described on this forum repeatedly, it was a very good reason why I now only buy TriggerTech. The TriggerTech single stage serves me just fine, all my triggers in the service were single stage so I'll live.
This whole marketing fiasco has left me soured on industry announcements, previews, and promises. I'll finish this build once the barrel comes in, whenever that is now but it's going to be a good while before I'll do another one, if ever.
As long as I'm out of the military now I'm still not used to insincere promises, deadlines that aren't met, bait and switch delivery dates, and so on and the COVID thing didn't help any either. Having to chase after every part and keeping track of ever changing lead times when you are spending money that equals a medium to upper end used car is no longer my idea of fun. I'll use what is in my very respectable collection, put a new barrel on here and there, maybe change a chassis out now and then but the whole "I'll wait for what comes out of SHOT Show" is out of my system flushed for good.

Since you like single stage triggers, and want absolute reliability, have you looked at the B&A Dakota trigger?

dakota_internal-600x970.png

Demos and prototypes to dealers and "privileged beta testers" and lots of marketing ever since SHOT 2019. In the meantime I told x amount of new shooters not just about my single stage Triggertech and that they were coming out with a two stage which turned into another industry Bigfoot, no longer will I ever mention a product that has merely been announced. Lesson learnt!

AI did the same thing with the AXSR. SHOT 2019 and guys are just getting them now. I hope this kind of stuff doesn't become more common. It’s not fun getting my hopes up then having to wait for well over a year.

AI did the same thing with the AXSR. SHOT 2019 and guys are just getting them now. I hope this kind of stuff doesn't become more common. It’s not fun getting my hopes up then having to wait for well over a year.

you mean 2 years ...

Supposedly the large orders will be shipping pretty soon. Was only allowed to order one trigger per dealer to be shipped immediately for a couple weeks.

real curious to here your thoughts....i went with the single stage diamond and am happy enough that i doubt ill be changing back to a 2 stage

Supposedly the large orders will be shipping pretty soon. Was only allowed to order one trigger per dealer to be shipped immediately for a couple weeks.
If you hate it I’ll be more than happy to take it off your hands 😂

real curious to here your thoughts....i went with the single stage diamond and am happy enough that i doubt ill be changing back to a 2 stage

Been messing with it for a bit now. My shitty trigger gauge says I have total pull around 8oz. I’d never run my single this low as I don’t want to develop a slap being so light.

This doesn’t feel like 8oz would on my single since you have the second stage.

I think this two stage will help a lot of people running light triggers than tend to slap them. And it might convince me to run an 8oz trigger at matches.

The only downside is the distance of travel on first stage. It’s fairly short. I prefer the longer stage of something like an AI. But it’s not enough that I hate the trigger.

I’ll drop it in my vudoo this week and try to put several hundred rounds through it without breaking the bank.

Initial impressions: if you like a light trigger but find yourself a bit timid about marrying your finger to it, this helps a ton with it.

Been messing with it for a bit now. My shitty trigger gauge says I have total pull around 8oz. I’d never run my single this low as I don’t want to develop a slap being so light.

I think this two stage will help a lot of people running light triggers than tend to slap them. And it might convince me to run an 8oz trigger at matches.

The only downside is the distance of travel on first stage. It’s fairly short. I prefer the longer stage of something like an AI. But it’s not enough that I hate the trigger.

I’ll drop it in my vudoo this week and try to put several hundred rounds through it without breaking the bank.

Initial impressions: if you like a light trigger but find yourself a bit timid about marrying your finger to it, this helps a ton with it.

the short 1st stage would most likely make me not like it

Reactions: Dthomas3523

Sounds like it's probably modeled after the AR Diamond, which is a 2 stage that feels more 1911-like. (very short & light first stage)

Could you do me a favor? Could you test how low the first stage can be set? I am wondering how closely it can replicate the feel of the AR Diamond. The initial stage on that is only about 2oz, if I remember correctly.

Sounds like it's probably modeled after the AR Diamond, which is a 2 stage that feels more 1911-like. (very short & light first stage)

Could you do me a favor? Could you test how low the first stage can be set? I am wondering how closely it can replicate the feel of the AR Diamond. The initial stage on that is only about 2oz, if I remember correctly.

It can definitely go down sub 4oz.

My shorty gauge only measures about 8oz with markings. It was taking up first stage and breaking at about 8oz total.

Im going to stick to using my TT Diamond Flats set at 4oz till the Hide members start giving feedback.

Messed with it some more. I think I found a setting I like a lot.

1lb first and 1/2lb second.

When you go sub 1 on first stage, the take up (to me) feels too soft/slack. 1lb gives it a very solid feeling and with a 1/2lb second, I get the benefits of a light trigger without the sensitivity that can develop a trigger slap.

Reactions: BCX and Chargerguy
Also, with my lone peak, 8oz total pull (not sure 1st/2nd break down) was not drop safe with safety off.

1.5 (1 and .5) is drop safe without safety engaged.

Reactions: BCX and Jackomason