• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Failures? Hang fires?

Glad I found a relevant thread to jump into. I don’t know if my ability to search is bad, whether it’s my frustration with the issue, or the wild child I have who seems determined to hurt himself as I search a fix, but I can’t seem to find a solid solution.

So I’ve got an Origin build with a TT primary. Everything is brand new. When I went to the range today I had 4 light strikes out of 6 rounds I tried to fire. Not sure if it’s a firing pin length issue, the firing pin spring, or a trigger issue. Although I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with the TT primary. If anyone has any insight I’d be very grateful.
A friend of mine had a firing pin dragging on a new origin and a little polishing fixed it. I don’t have exact details, my origin functions flawlessly. I had a tt diamond going down, firing pin not dropping at trigger press. It then dropped when touching the bolt handle…. tt exchanged a couple of my triggers in a certain # range.

Reactions: lash
was it factory ammo? Was it new brass?
Yes it was factory loaded Berger ammo.

A friend of mine had a firing pin dragging on a new origin and a little polishing fixed it. I don’t have exact details, my origin functions flawlessly. I had a tt diamond going down, firing pin not dropping at trigger press. It then dropped when touching the bolt handle…. tt exchanged a couple of my triggers in a certain # range.
Oh interesting. I’ll pull the firing pin and see if I can find any friction points. Yeah I had heard of people having issues with diamonds here and there. I’m hoping it’s a simple fix whatever it is.

Resurrecting this as I have some more info now.

I have two TrigegrTech triggers purchased directly from Triggertech, a special 2 stage and a diamond 2 stage. The special started losing it’s weight setting after a couple hundred rounds of fire, requiring me to re-set the weight on one of the stages (forget which one) or else it’d hang fire or other weird stuff. Once it was set, it was back to 100% until it loosened up again.

I purchased a diamond to use as my primary trigger and keep the special as a backup. Approximately 350 rounds into firing the diamond, if started hang firing no matter what I did until I flushed it with lighter fluid, then it was seemingly back to 100%. I chocked it up to debris/lube getting in it and went about my business.

But, then the same thing kept happening, except with increasing frequency. It went 200 rounds, needed a flush, went 100 rounds, needed another flush, until last time I took it to the range it was hang firing after just 60 rounds. Now, even after a thorough flush followed by compressed air, it’s still hang firing no matter what. I had minimized any lubricant use to the point where I stopped except for a dry film (hornady one shot), yet it still progressively got worse. To be clear, my action was never dripping wet with liquid lubricant, and was kept relatively clean either kept covered at matches or shot on a bench at the range.

I finally emailed triggertech to get it sorted out and have received a less than stellar response. They’re insinuating that it’s most likely I’ve been contaminating it with debris and that I can send it in (at their expense, to be transparent) for them to inspect and they’ll send me out a new one. I said that wasn’t going to work because I need a trigger working now as I’m traveling for a match next week and it just shit the bed this week. Instead they’re doubling down saying that it’s most likely due to debris or abuse and that until they can confirm I’ve shipped them it, they won’t dispatch a replacement.

Anyways, given the importance of reliability of a trigger, first and foremost for safety, and second for real world use, I am not going to be using their products moving forward. It’s unacceptable I need more than two of their products for one rifle to ensure I always have a reliable trigger to use. Once I get replacements, they’ll be getting sold off.

Reactions: Milf Dots

I have two TrigegrTech triggers purchased directly from Triggertech, a special 2 stage and a diamond 2 stage. The special started losing it’s weight setting after a couple hundred rounds of fire, requiring me to re-set the weight on one of the stages (forget which one) or else it’d hang fire or other weird stuff. Once it was set, it was back to 100% until it loosened up again.

I purchased a diamond to use as my primary trigger and keep the special as a backup. Approximately 350 rounds into firing the diamond, if started hang firing no matter what I did until I flushed it with lighter fluid, then it was seemingly back to 100%. I chocked it up to debris/lube getting in it and went about my business.

But, then the same thing kept happening, except with increasing frequency. It went 200 rounds, needed a flush, went 100 rounds, needed another flush, until last time I took it to the range it was hang firing after just 60 rounds. Now, even after a thorough flush followed by compressed air, it’s still hang firing no matter what. I had minimized any lubricant use to the point where I stopped except for a dry film (hornady one shot), yet it still progressively got worse. To be clear, my action was never dripping wet with liquid lubricant, and was kept relatively clean either kept covered at matches or shot on a bench at the range.

I finally emailed triggertech to get it sorted out and have received a less than stellar response. They’re insinuating that it’s most likely I’ve been contaminating it with debris and that I can send it in (at their expense, to be transparent) for them to inspect and they’ll send me out a new one. I said that wasn’t going to work because I need a trigger working now as I’m traveling for a match next week and it just shit the bed this week. Instead they’re doubling down saying that it’s most likely due to debris or abuse and that until they can confirm I’ve shipped them it, they won’t dispatch a replacement.

Anyways, given the importance of reliability of a trigger, first and foremost for safety, and second for real world use, I am not going to be using their products moving forward. It’s unacceptable I need more than two of their products for one rifle to ensure I always have a reliable trigger to use. Once I get replacements, they’ll be getting sold off.

So in summary, they offered to inspect and replace the trigger free of charge, with the only condition being that you send them your defective trigger before they would ship you a replacement?

So send them the trigger, when you get the new one sell it. In the mean time go buy a trigger of your choice. ??

Reactions: Tperry
So in summary, they offered to inspect and replace the trigger free of charge, with the only condition being that you send them your defective trigger before they would ship you a replacement?

yes, but I told them that I’m under a time constraint and can’t wait for my trigger to ship, get inspected, and a resolution offered. I’m traveling next week for a match that I’ve invested a lot of money into, I can’t sit around and hope that they get me a replacement in time when they’ve immediately shipped off replacements to others with the same issue.

I don’t really care if that’s standard procedure for some companies, I’ve bought my two of their triggers and both have separate issues. I’m now a week out from needing them to be reliable and traveling multiple states to use them. The standard I’ve experienced from other industry companies is that they work to rectify the issue immediately and figure out the details later. It would be stupid to blindly purchase a complete third trigger for a rifle from the same company in hopes that one actually works reliably when I need it to.

All while repeatedly mentioning that it’s probably debris or abuse of the trigger instead of owning up to the possibility that it’s a manufacturing defect.

Last edited:
Glad I found a relevant thread to jump into. I don’t know if my ability to search is bad, whether it’s my frustration with the issue, or the wild child I have who seems determined to hurt himself as I search a fix, but I can’t seem to find a solid solution.

So I’ve got an Origin build with a TT primary. Everything is brand new. When I went to the range today I had 4 light strikes out of 6 rounds I tried to fire. Not sure if it’s a firing pin length issue, the firing pin spring, or a trigger issue. Although I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with the TT primary. If anyone has any insight I’d be very grateful.
Who built it....someone else? Wouldn't you want to take it up with the builder since its brand new (assuming you didn't build it yourself)?

yes, but I told them that I’m under a time constraint and can’t wait for my trigger to ship, get inspected, and a resolution offered. I’m traveling next week for a match that I’ve invested a lot of money into, I can’t sit around and hope that they get me a replacement in time when they’ve immediately shipped off replacements to others with the same issue.

I don’t really care if that’s standard procedure for some companies, I’ve bought my two of their triggers and both have separate issues. I’m now a week out from needing them to be reliable and traveling multiple states to use them. The standard I’ve experienced from other industry companies is that they work to rectify the issue immediately and figure out the details later. It would be stupid to blindly purchase a complete third trigger for a rifle from the same company in hopes that one actually works reliably when I need it to.

All while repeatedly mentioning that it’s probably debris or abuse of the trigger instead of owning up to the possibility that it’s a manufacturing defect.

Don't lube the triggers.

That just invites dirt and debris to live in the mechanism instead of dropping through.

Reactions: lash and Tx_Aggie

Take the firing pin out and inspect the forward 1.5" of it and look for longitudinal scratches on one side.

Color it with a sharpie and reinstall. Dry fire a half dozen times and remove it for inspection. If you see contact other than at the stop, then it's dragging.
If it's dragging, contact Ray and he'll make it right for you.

Who built it....someone else? Wouldn't you want to take it up with the builder since its brand new (assuming you didn't build it yourself)?
Yes sir I absolutely would if someone else built it. I threw it all together myself. I usually figure it’s my own fault first lol.

Take the firing pin out and inspect the forward 1.5" of it and look for longitudinal scratches on one side.

Color it with a sharpie and reinstall. Dry fire a half dozen times and remove it for inspection. If you see contact other than at the stop, then it's dragging.
If it's dragging, contact Ray and he'll make it right for you.

Thank you! I’m just now seeing these responses. I ended up sending Ray an email and he sent me out a new firing pin assembly. I threw it in and the issue appears to be fixed. Shot a few rounds without problems. I’ll need to shoot more to be sure though. But it definitely sounds like the firing pin is dropping with much more force. I appreciate all you guys and your input.

Reactions: lash and Baron23
I usually figure it’s my own fault first lol.
haha...in my case, it really is always my own fault.

I'm very glad that Zermatt got you straightened out right quick.

Best of luck with the new gun going forward.

P.S. is that you in your avatar pioc with that beauty of a buck...can't tell, is that a mule deer? I can see the 8 in the main...did it have brow tines for 10 points over all? Nice looking buck in any case.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: JGunns
haha...in my case, it really is always my own fault.

I'm very glad that Zermatt got you straightened out right quick.

Best of luck with the new gun going forward.

P.S. is that you in your avatar pioc with that beauty of a buck...can't tell, is that a mule deer? I can see the 8 in the main...did it have brow tines for 10 points over all? Nice looking buck in any case.

Cheers

I appreciate that! Very happy with how quickly Zermatt fixed that.

Yes sir it’s a mule deer from Colorado a couple years back. It was a solid buck overall. 4x4 with eye guards. Feel very blessed to have taken the animals I have.

Reactions: lash and Baron23
Are diamonds still hang firing or otherwise failing? Heard a couple guys in my circle say they have seen it at matches about a month ago, but not sure if they were using older units. Need a new trigger but don't want safety issues.

Are diamonds still hang firing or otherwise failing? Heard a couple guys in my circle say they have seen it at matches about a month ago, but not sure if they were using older units. Need a new trigger but don't want safety issues.
The only think I have seen lately is triggers getting gummed up due to shooters being careless with a bore guide and cleaning solvents. Be diligent and watchful and you won’t have an issue. If you are curious you can remove your trigger and flush it with lighter fluid or 90% alcohol. This will cut the dried up and gummy solvents & possibly prevent an issue.

I had a few go down in a short amount of time but I think my issues are with the tolerances in my action. If I pull the triggers that failed out and put them back in the same rifle they work again. I put them in another action and they work fine as well.

I had a few go down in a short amount of time but I think my issues are with the tolerances in my action. If I pull the triggers that failed out and put them back in the same rifle they work again. I put them in another action and they work fine as well.
That is weird.

I haven't tried any recent triggers but yes it's easy to replicate on a Fuzion or Axiom. I have since moved to two stage diamonds with no issues. Also prefer it better.

I had that problem with a new TT a while ago. Now I use Bix N Andy triggers. They are awesome!!

I had one that had a very very slight hang fire issue. I sent it in and they replaced it. I picked up a Bix and Andy and have found that I actually like the break on it a little more.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts

I'd have to look at our books, but in the last 50 or so Diamonds we have installed, I only know of one that we had to send in for a replacement. I don't recall the exact failure, but it wasn't a hang fire. And these were all purchased in 2023.

And I've personally been using Diamonds about 5 years with no hang fires across probably 10 triggers. They are still the most popular trigger in PRS buy a *huge* margin. And there's going to be exponentially more triggers in the wild than that. That means you'll hear about more issues online than other triggers because there are so many of them out there on the market.

But the failure rate is still extremely low. Otherwise they wouldn't be so popular.

I had that problem with a new TT a while ago. Now I use Bix N Andy triggers. They are awesome!!

Are you using Bix n Andy single or two stage triggers? I have TT triggers two stage triggers now and have had no issues, but I’m considering a Bix for a new rifle.

The only thing that concerns me about TT trigger issues is that it doesn't sound like the actual mechanical cause has been announced.

I can't remember since it's been awhile since I read through this entire thread, but are the issues exclusive to single stage diamonds or the 2 stages diamonds as well?

I can't remember since it's been awhile since I read through this entire thread, but are the issues exclusive to single stage diamonds or the 2 stages diamonds as well?
I think I read of one or two of the 2 stage having issues...

In January 2021, TT issued an "...Enhanced Warranty Program for all Single Stage Rem 700 Diamond Triggers manufactured from March 1, 2020 to December 10, 2020." The first several pages of this thread probably applied to those SKUs.

Hopefully this information will help filter a definite known issue from other problems.

I had one of the affected triggers that worked fine until this past fall. The notice linked above stated that only 1% or so of the triggers manufactured in that time window were problematic, so I never sent mine in. Fortunately, I had all my direct-from-TT purchase info including the original box, so TT honored the exchange protocol even though it expired over two years ago.

Fwiw.

Reactions: Baron23

I've got a Bix Benchrest (Competition) on my 6. It is head and shoulders above my TT Diamonds. The break is insanely clean. Of course, it costs nearly twice as much too.

Still, I'm considering replacing the TT on my 300 PRC with the same one I've got on my 6.

Are you using Bix n Andy single or two stage triggers? I have TT triggers two stage triggers now and have had no issues, but I’m considering a Bix for a new rifle.
I have one of each. The single stage is in my 28 Nosler rig and the two stage in my 300NM. Both are very nice!! I have several Jewell triggers but those became unobtainable so after some research I went with Bix N Andy. They are nice!! After my TT experience I wasn’t getting another.

Reactions: KYAggie
I've got a Bix Benchrest (Competition) on my 6. It is head and shoulders above my TT Diamonds. The break is insanely clean. Of course, it costs nearly twice as much too.

Still, I'm considering replacing the TT on my 300 PRC with the same one I've got on my 6.

I switched to all BnA TacSport Pro 2 Stages from Jewell and TT Diamonds years ago. To me, they aren't even close. BNA are so much smoother and candy cane break. All of mine are tuned to same setting by Bullet Central...

I’m having the same problem whit tt on 6gt after 300 round
If you contact TT they will replace it. You can also tru to flush it with lighter fluid and or alcohol. A lot of times it is cleaning fluids and gunk that get into them.

Reactions: wbbh
I have a TT Diamond single stage that started exhibiting the “hang fire” problem about 200 rounds in. The trigger was fresh out of the package in November of last year and installed on a new Lone Peak Fuzion. Found this thread while looking around to see if anyone else had similar problem.

Well, I just got back from the range this morning and my TT special took a shit the same way, around 550 shots in. Trigger is in a rifle I purchased from Alamo Precision, Defiance anti action in 6.5 creedmoor. Found this thread looking for probable causes... sucks...

Reactions: lash
Well, I just got back from the range this morning and my TT special took a shit the same way, around 550 shots in. Trigger is in a rifle I purchased from Alamo Precision, Defiance anti action in 6.5 creedmoor. Found this thread looking for probable causes... sucks...
Definitely sucks. Most especially if you don’t carry a spare trigger with you. I’ll admit that I don’t, but I’m not a serious competitor. Still might not be a bad idea…

I've been using TT Diamond triggers since they came out in multiple rifles and have never had an issue.
Have a couple TT AR triggers too, no issues. I'm really surprised by all the issues mentioned and negative comments in this thread.

Tried B&A (ok, just not my fav), a Huber (detested this one), and settled on TT have 3 in rem bolt and clones and 4 in ARs with no problems at all.

I love the way the TTs feel and function, until they don't.
I just finished a 2 day precision long range course, would of been terrible if it would have happened during that weekend.
I'm going to contact TT tomorrow and go from there.