• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Failures? Hang fires?

Sure the bad press of their recalls must have shown them the light. I'll stick with Timneys from now on.

I have a triggertech that I dug out to put into an ar I picked up recently. It’s a competitive 3.5 model. If I squeeze the trigger with the safety on, the hammer will drop when I move the selector to fire. Does the same thing in multiple lowers with different safety selectors. Would that be affected by their recal? I bought the trigger from the lgs a year or 2 ago.

Update to my post. They sent me a new trigger. I have 2 ar, and 5 rem 700 triggers from them. They are still top notch in my book.

One of my gunsmith friends, who's a very talented and respected gunsmith, has mentioned to me that the TT 2 stage triggers have been showing issues with too little sear engagement, causing issues such as the firing pin to release as the bolt is dropped. I've seen a few anecdotal experiences of TT triggers hang firing on here and other forums.

Personally, I think TT really dropped the ball by not having a feature that allows the end user to adjust the sear engagement. I haven't had the above problems with TT triggers, but did have an issue with too much sear engagement with a TT trigger and a Bighorn TL3 action. There was way too much sear engagement, causing an overly excessive bolt lift and throw.

I've since moved on to BnA triggers, how they allow the end user to adjust sear engagement is quite clever, and has become a quite welcoming feature for me.
I’ve had this exact problem and am currently waiting for my 3rd replacement.

Little late to the party on this thread, however I am on my second tt special, first one went about 5k rounds live/dryfire before it started hang firing. Got my replacement trigger 4 days ago from TT and having the same issue after about 200 dry fires. Not impressed

Little late to the party on this thread, however I am on my second tt special, first one went about 5k rounds live/dryfire before it started hang firing. Got my replacement trigger 4 days ago from TT and having the same issue after about 200 dry fires. Not impressed
Same question here what receiver are you running?

Mike R

I had to switch to double stage on a LPA Fuzion and Terminus Zeus due to single stage issue.

I had to switch to double stage on a LPA Fuzion and Terminus Zeus due to single stage issue.

What was the reason you had to switch? I know many peeps running a single stage diamond in a Fuzion, that seems very odd.

What was the reason you had to switch? I know many peeps running a single stage diamond in a Fuzion, that seems very odd.
Slam fires/sear engagement issues. I believe it actually happened with my Anti-X too but I cannot remember for sure.

Also happens with Curtis actions.

Just had my TT diamond do this to me today. Never experienced a hang fire before so it was really weird. Only have maybe 100 rounds through it with maybe 5-10 being dry fire. So far this Xmas gift has turned out to be a turd.

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
Just had my TT diamond do this to me today. Never experienced a hang fire before so it was really weird. Only have maybe 100 rounds through it with maybe 5-10 being dry fire. So far this Xmas gift has turned out to be a turd.
What action?

Just a box stock Bergara HMR. Read that another guy had the same issue

Have time to turn up the trigger pull weight.

Have time to turn up the trigger pull weight.
I tried, it doesn’t change a thing. Also tried making sure the bolt was clean since I’ve never experienced this before so I thought maybe the firing pin was sticking. The second stage 1.5lb click vanished and turned into a dull click that doesn’t respond. Then I get the glass break randomly half to a full second after

I tried, it doesn’t change a thing. Also tried making sure the bolt was clean since I’ve never experienced this before so I thought maybe the firing pin was sticking. The second stage 1.5lb click vanished and turned into a dull click that doesn’t respond. Then I get the glass break randomly half to a full second after
I read that wrong initially. I thought you said slam fire. Call TT tomorrow. They’ll replace it.

Reactions: TrevK
I’ll definitely give that a try! Thanks for the help!
If no acetone, a common recommendation is lighter fluid. Yep, good old Zippo stuff. Apparently leaves a bit of lubrication after it evaporates.

Got to be careful w acetone as it does eat a lot of stuff. Not metal trigger parts but it will screw up finishes in a NY second.

I have Diamond single stages in a Seekins HAVAK and a Defiance Deviant and have not had a single issue.

If no acetone, a common recommendation is lighter fluid. Yep, good old Zippo stuff. Apparently leaves a bit of lubrication after it evaporates.

Got to be careful w acetone as it does eat a lot of stuff. Not metal trigger parts but it will screw up finishes in a NY second.

I have Diamond single stages in a Seekins HAVAK and a Defiance Deviant and have not had a single issue.
TT triggers are anodized. Acetone won’t hurt it. Advice straight from TT…but yes acetone will eat cheap paint and some rubber, plastics..ect.

Reactions: Baron23
TT triggers are anodized. Acetone won’t hurt it. Advice straight from TT…but yes acetone will eat cheap paint and some rubber, plastics..ect.
Outstanding. I was thinking more like chassis skins and stock finish but good to know about the TT anodizing.

I REALLY like their triggers and will have to try a 2 stage some time this year.

Cheers

Maybe try soaking the trigger in some acetone too. Maybe it has some oil/dirt stuck in there from cleaning the gun.
I haven’t read anything previously posted just fyi

I will add I have a jewel trigger on my stiller P1000 fclass rifle. It’s set to 8oz. I’ve had it creep above 1.5 lbs from not cleaning it

Lighter fluid did the trick. If that helps

Outstanding. I was thinking more like chassis skins and stock finish but good to know about the TT anodizing.

I REALLY like their triggers and will have to try a 2 stage some time this year.

Cheers
I wish I could use a two stage. I’m wrong handed and they don’t make one for us weirdos..ha.

Just had this happen on my new TT Diamond 2 stage. Approx 300 rounds through it, went to the range and it was sticking real bad. I cycled it maybe 100 times because I didn’t want to go home without shooting any rounds, and it got “good enough” to where I could accomplish what I came there to do and then went home and flushed it with lighter fluid and compressed air. Seems to be back to 98% now, but I’m pretty disappointed since my TT special that was almost half the cost and has a few thousand rounds on it never did this.

All,
Is this happening only with TT triggers that are set for very low weights, or does it happen even with triggers set at, say, 2 lbs and above? thnx

I have a TT Diamond single stage that would fire when I closed the bolt, it was set at about 10oz when I got it. I run my triggers at 1 1/2 lbs after setting I have not had a single issue, and have 700 rounds through the rifle now.

I have a TT Diamond single stage that would fire when I closed the bolt, it was set at about 10oz when I got it. I run my triggers at 1 1/2 lbs after setting I have not had a single issue, and have 700 rounds through the rifle now.
That trigger should’ve gone back to TT, that’s an unacceptable safety failure. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: JakeM and TrevK
Just had 2 hang fires , and some other hard trigger pulls at my last outing with my 2 stage diamond (gold edition from Black Friday sale.). It’s in a zermatt origin action with about 100 rounds through it and another 1-200 dry fires. I emailed Trigger tech and they told me to take something apart and lightly polish it ( they were more specific than that) but when I took it apart it wasn’t clear to me what to do so I did nothing. I did however adjust my 2nd stage pull a little heavier, and I could get it to hang fire every time dry firing. I made it lighter than before and it went away. The adjustment clicks were not very positive, almost like they were binding up a little, and then they would clear up to be positive back and forth. I emailed them back with my new finding and waiting to hear back.

Just had 2 hang fires , and some other hard trigger pulls at my last outing with my 2 stage diamond (gold edition from Black Friday sale.). It’s in a zermatt origin action with about 100 rounds through it and another 1-200 dry fires. I emailed Trigger tech and they told me to take something apart and lightly polish it ( they were more specific than that) but when I took it apart it wasn’t clear to me what to do so I did nothing. I did however adjust my 2nd stage pull a little heavier, and I could get it to hang fire every time dry firing. I made it lighter than before and it went away. The adjustment clicks were not very positive, almost like they were binding up a little, and then they would clear up to be positive back and forth. I emailed them back with my new finding and waiting to hear back.
Interesting you mention the adjustment part. Mine has never had very distinct clicks when I change the weight. I didn’t think it had clicks at all when I initially tried adjusting it.

Looks like I get to pay a smith to get my cocking piece polished and the trigger timed to see if that fixes the issue.

Looks like I get to pay a smith to get my cocking piece polished and the trigger timed to see if that fixes the issue.
I got the same response with my updated findings. I’ll have mine checked out by my smith and report back, they might be right.

I got the same response with my updated findings. I’ll have mine checked out by my smith and report back, they might be right.
Just seems strange it would work perfectly at first then have issues. I assume it would show the issues right away. Guess we’ll see.

If you look at a old Bullet Central sear compatibility chart, they listed the measurements of various actions.
It was apparent that there is no standard for the cocking piece depth, so there is no way that a one size fits all trigger will work.

Reactions: TrevK
Sent my old one back and Have a new trigger on the way from trigger tech. I have a match next weekend that it might not show up in time for. Can I use my jewell out of my Remington 700 that has the bolt release on it in my origin action to get me through the weekend?

Sent my old one back and Have a new trigger on the way from trigger tech. I have a match next weekend that it might not show up in time for. Can I use my jewell out of my Remington 700 that has the bolt release on it in my origin action to get me through the weekend?
Yes. You can remove the bolt release until it goes back into the 700.

Glad I found a relevant thread to jump into. I don’t know if my ability to search is bad, whether it’s my frustration with the issue, or the wild child I have who seems determined to hurt himself as I search a fix, but I can’t seem to find a solid solution.

So I’ve got an Origin build with a TT primary. Everything is brand new. When I went to the range today I had 4 light strikes out of 6 rounds I tried to fire. Not sure if it’s a firing pin length issue, the firing pin spring, or a trigger issue. Although I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with the TT primary. If anyone has any insight I’d be very grateful.

Glad I found a relevant thread to jump into. I don’t know if my ability to search is bad, whether it’s my frustration with the issue, or the wild child I have who seems determined to hurt himself as I search a fix, but I can’t seem to find a solid solution.

So I’ve got an Origin build with a TT primary. Everything is brand new. When I went to the range today I had 4 light strikes out of 6 rounds I tried to fire. Not sure if it’s a firing pin length issue, the firing pin spring, or a trigger issue. Although I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with the TT primary. If anyone has any insight I’d be very grateful.
was it factory ammo? Was it new brass?