• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Trijicon Electro-Optics Page for IR-Patrol, IR-Hunter, Reap-IR, and Snipe-IR

anthonylombardo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Been looking on this forum a lot and notice that there wasn't a page that specifically talked about the Trijicon Electro-Optics so thought I'd start one where we can all share trouble shooting problems or just share stories/pics of some good night hunts. I have a IR-Patrol 300 that has been great so far...been taking out and pegging some yotes from 60-100yards and picture sight has been perfect. I have a DLOC mount so make its pretty easy when I transition my from helmet to rifle.

What gun to you use the patrol on ?
Have you been able to download stills?
Have you tried to capture video?
Do you use 2x or 4x digital,, if so in what cases?
How often do you nuc and can you do that with one hand?
How long did it take you to get to the point where the joystick interface was "muscle memory" (you think about what you want to do - not how to do it) ?
Do you have any of the 2x or 3x optical magnifiers?
Any issues ?

What gun to you use the patrol on ?
Have you been able to download stills?
Have you tried to capture video?
Do you use 2x or 4x digital,, if so in what cases?
How often do you nuc and can you do that with one hand?
How long did it take you to get to the point where the joystick interface was "muscle memory" (you think about what you want to do - not how to do it) ?
Do you have any of the 2x or 3x optical magnifiers?
Any issues ?

I use it on my DD MK12 AR.
I've been having a little bit of issues downloading the still images on my computer but for some reason they work fine on my brothers. I think maybe I need to update my system b/c when I put in the download card on mine it reads it but just wont install.
Looking to see what the capture video is like, order the Capture Video recorder from TNVC so once I get some field time with it I'll let you know.
The joystick did take some getting use, just have to understand that it takes very limited amount of force to move it but once you use it for awhile it becomes comfortable. You can set up the shortcut screen to include 4 functions so it helps you quickly re-calibrate, take a pic, zoom, or adjust brightness.
No magnifiers as of yet but one issue i did come across was i tries the Partol on my .308 platform and not everytime but sometimes the recoil will joggle the joystick and the shortcut screen will appear.

The Trijicon IRD products are definitely among the best.
Here is some footage we got last year, I believe we took over 75 coyotes in about a month using the MKIII 60mm, Patrol M300W, REAP IR, and the M250XR all of which you can see a clip or two below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IYVBHSjtFe8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use it on my DD MK12 AR.
I've been having a little bit of issues downloading the still images on my computer but for some reason they work fine on my brothers. I think maybe I need to update my system b/c when I put in the download card on mine it reads it but just wont install.
Looking to see what the capture video is like, order the Capture Video recorder from TNVC so once I get some field time with it I'll let you know.
The joystick did take some getting use, just have to understand that it takes very limited amount of force to move it but once you use it for awhile it becomes comfortable. You can set up the shortcut screen to include 4 functions so it helps you quickly re-calibrate, take a pic, zoom, or adjust brightness.
No magnifiers as of yet but one issue i did come across was i tries the Partol on my .308 platform and not everytime but sometimes the recoil will joggle the joystick and the shortcut screen will appear.

I have heard about the joystick being activated under recoil for larger calibers but have you experienced it at all on your 5.56? I just got a Patrol to compliment the REAP-IR I already have. It will moslty be a scanner but will be used on a 5.56 on occasion.

I have heard about the joystick being activated under recoil for larger calibers but have you experienced it at all on your 5.56? I just got a Patrol to compliment the REAP-IR I already have. It will moslty be a scanner but will be used on a 5.56 on occasion.

It is activated by minor recoil I've experienced it with a bolt 223 and 22-250. However in the settings, I believe the L3 menu, you can choose thumb lock "ON" and it will keep the menu from being activated due to recoil.