• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Trophy Mountain Ranch, Co. Anyone?

greyson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2006
Considering going on my first Mule Deer hunt next year in Colorado. Some friends are going again and they like the place. So that is obviously an important data-point. But I figure...why not ask here on the hide? I didn't see them on the good-guy list. But that thread seems to be a very small sample.

Anyone ever been to Trophy Mountain Ranch?

http://www.trophymtn.com/

Any suggestions or advice for a mule deer hunt? Options for other things to hunt if the tags are filled quickly?

Regards,
Greyson

Re: Trophy Mountain Ranch, Co. Anyone?

I'll give you some insight. Not of the above mentioned outfitter, but of the area. I have hunted the area they are located alot. This area produces trophy mulies. The mulies are pretty thick. Everytime I have hunted near Walden, I have filled my tag(s) within 2 days of hunting. The area also produces alot of non-typical and drop tine bucks. The bucks are very large bodied and healthy. I don't know where you're from, but get ready for some altitude. And it's cold as a mother up there. I can remember going to sleep when temps were around 40 degrees and waking up to 6-8 inches of snow and 4 degrees. It's the Colorado high country, so expect the unexpected when it comes to weather.

Their photo gallery showed some awesome bulls! But where's the bucks? I don't know chit about it, just wondering why there's no pictures of bucks, since thats what your after. Good Luck!

Well here my 2cts worth if your looking for other options. Don't know if you have your mind set on high country or just big mule's. There a friend of mine in my home town that has a great track record with pictures to prove of his past accomplishments http://www.bookyourhuntingtrip.com/drummondlindsey.html

If your booking a hunt you mind as well look at all your options.