• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trying to pick first scope MK5 vs RZ3

@Natetron if you have not ordered the scope yet I have a 30 off cert from europtic that expires the 17th. This makes the bronze G3 2100.00 it wont work on the black one. I can't use it do to being a poors you can have it for free let me know if you can use it.
Crap, yea I already ordered. Didn't realize that took 30% off the normal price

Virtually all the failures of this product are at the same place/same issue...but it's not a design flaw.

Your a fucking joke and have the balls to call me a bad source of information. Go invest some more money with Thiess.
Crap, yea I already ordered. Didn't realize that took 30% off the normal price
Call em up they might apply it retroactive. EO are awesome.

Jesus Christ using hand tools is not that hard. It's a basic man skill.
I understand that, I have done my fair share of working on guns. I have built a 300BLK from scratch and have switched out several triggers and safety switches and other stuff. I just was worried about not having the proper stuff to properly mount the scope. Mainly was worried about over torqueing and have a way to get level. But will get something to torque or use my dad's tools untill I figure out what way I want to go. I have used his torque wrenches in the past for some hand guards and other things. He has a lot of hi quality snap on stuff. Just don't like always asking to use his stuff. I have been wanting to get a nice setup to work on stuff so this will be a reason to get something now.

Virtually all the failures of this product are at the same place/same issue...but it's not a design flaw.

Your a fucking joke and have the balls to call me a bad source of information. Go invest some more money with Thiess.
Call em up they might apply it retroactive. EO are awesome.
I actually had my buddy get it for me, he used his military discount. Something generally lime to do. Really was about the same price as the black one, as I wanted the bronze one. That's ok will just leave it as is now, but appreciate it.

I understand that, I have done my fair share of working on guns. I have built a 300BLK from scratch and have switched out several triggers and safety switches and other stuff. I just was worried about not having the proper stuff to properly mount the scope. Mainly was worried about over torqueing and have a way to get level. But will get something to torque or use my dad's tools untill I figure out what way I want to go. I have used his torque wrenches in the past for some hand guards and other things. He has a lot of hi quality snap on stuff. Just don't like always asking to use his stuff. I have been wanting to get a nice setup to work on stuff so this will be a reason to get something now.
I gave you a link to quality tools suited for the task at hand. That way you won't have to borrow.

Reactions: Natetron
Reactions: Huskydriver
Au contraire

They legitimately crack sitting in a safe.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/spuhr-is-over-rated-prove-me-wrong.7037265/

And they f up scopes. Zero reason to use Spuhr today
We bought a spuhr mount, I needed the ability to attach the nightvision mount.
Sphur is VERY proud of their products, yet send you over long screws and tell you that you will need to shorten them, because, they apparently lack the ability to have the correct length made for them.
WAY over priced for what you get.

Sphur is VERY proud of their products, yet send you over long screws and tell you that you will need to shorten them, because, they apparently lack the ability to have the correct length made for them.
The problem, for me at least, is they look cool. So I had to buy one.

Thankfully, they changed their rear ring design and thus to my eye look sorta janky.

They obviously want me to save money and funnel it to equal-quality yet lower-cost products.

I have never received over length screws with my mounts. Most were 5-7 years old last one was 13 months ago.

I have never received over length screws with my mounts. Most were 5-7 years old last one was 13 months ago.
Part of the documentation that came with it states that you may have to trim screws, I, in fact, did.
Shitty when you consider the price. Hell, UTG sells you stuff with the right length screws.

Reactions: Carole Baskins
Not trying to thread jack and thought this might be helpful for others as well.

I ended up buying a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 for my new Solus and am trying to figure out if I should get rings or a mount. I’ve been looking at the American rifle co mount and there are several different inclination options. The Solus has a 20 MOA mount already - what MOA inclination should I go with for the mount?

Reactions: DubfromGA

I ended up buying a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 for my new Solus and am trying to figure out if I should get rings or a mount. I’ve been looking at the American rifle co mount and there are several different inclination options. The Solus has a 20 MOA mount already - what MOA inclination should I go with for the mount?
Personally I like one piece mounts, I just find them easier to level and mount. As you already have 20 moa, I probably would go for a zero moa mount. BTW congrats on the NF I have several and they are fine scopes.

I wouldn't go over 10 MOA extra on the mount...But probably 0 would be the safe option.

I love my ARC M-Brace rings. Have about 10 sets, and zero issues. But I also know how to use a damn torque wrench, and I don't beat the living shit out of my equipment, or use my scopes for a carry handle... Which is apparently a skill lacking for many (notably many comp shooters if judging by this and many other threads), if they keep having issues breaking them, or the rings causing ring marks on the tube. I don't know what these others are on about, but certain people on here seem to always have shit luck with everything they buy, and they seem to manage to break everything they buy...Even if hundreds of others have not had the same problems with the same stuff... There is a common denominator in that equation, but nobody else is talking about that. 🤔

My ATACR F1 5-25x56 is sitting in a set on a Gen1 R700 5R Milspec in .300WM. Hundreds of rounds, no problems. Several other sets holding Kahles K318i and K624i scopes... No issues. Burris scopes... No issues. Zeiss scopes... No issues. Combined thousands of rounds through scopes wearing M-Brace rings...No issues. No issues with 10's of thousands of rounds through Seekins Precision rings, either...That's my 2nd recommendation.

Last edited:

I have several mbrace, mixture of 10 and 0 moa. All that 10moa gets you is another 2.7 mil elevation prior end bottoming out your travel. Your atacr has 29 mils of travel. When zerod on a 20 min rail, you'll likely have around 19 mils of up before bottoming out. That's enough to get most cartridges to their transonic velocity range. Getting an extra 2.7 mil in the mount won't hurt anything, but likely isn't giving you a huge advantage unless extreme long range is your desire.