• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TVP Intimidator Endurance Team Match 4-17-10

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

We were having a suppressed ONLY rifle match this upcoming weekend.
Although my initial plan was to shoot paper and SUPPRESSED RIFLES only...I've decide to change the plans due to not enough feed back on the shoot.

So with that said we will have an endurance shoot this upcoming weekend so load up.

We will shoot the Intimidator Saturday and the match will start at 8:30 a.m sharp or when conditions allow. We will shoot through the course till completion then we will break. Then we will shoot the course backwards for a total of two combined scores. This will be a TEAM match. Bring plenty of food and drink. Also make sure you load enough ammo.
Sunday we will shoot the Intimidator again. This will be a seperate match.
Match fee for Intimidator Endurance Shoot will be $40 members and $50 non-members. Remember this is going thru the course twice.
Anyone shooting Sunday who shot Saturday will receive a $10 discount from standard fees.
Match winners will receive entry fees back.

Please remember there is a $5000.00 plus pot for shooting a perfect 160 on the Intimidator.

Also we will put SUPPRESSOR shooters together if it works out with the teams that way.

David Whitson, owner of Shark Suppressors will be here Saturday and Sunday with his cans to demo during the shoot. He will be competing also in the steel shoot with myself.

Hope to see you all here..especially all the suppressor shooters!

Tom
TVP

Re: TVP Intimidator Endurance Team Match 4-17-10

Man I wish I could make it this weekend. I'd LOVE to shoot the course 3 times. I hope this goes well so I can shoot it next time. I'll be out of town till Monday.

That sounds good, but I'm out for the next couple weekends. Surely if you go through the Intimidator and get good dope on the targets on the first round, the second time should be a piece of cake .... right?
grin.gif
Good luck everybody.

Any chance of borrowing a .30 can this Sat/ if mine does not return from the mfr? Any offers?

Personally, I'd be a bit reluctant to "borrow" a can, especially at a match in a public place. Have you considered what might happen to you if, say, an ATF agent asks you for the paperwork for the can?

Wouldn't it be O.K. if the registered owner was shooting with them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't it be O.K. if the registered owner was shooting with them? </div></div>

Sure would. Good call mscott.

I will definately try to be there Saturday,$40 to run the course twice sounds like a good deal to me!
Max

Just posted some pics in the other thread.
Went to the fin this morning and they had 3, yes 3 jugs of Varget.

Eight min per team will be held again.
Even new shooters, working together were able to get close.
Yes, it put pressure on shooters,but What is wrong with that?
If you are spotting for partner, you can be looking up, or setting dope for the next shot.
How many seconds does it take him to fire again?

Have more thoughts, but need to get back to loading.

Glen

Anyone thinking about staying Saturday night?

Alright, I'm in. Hopefully KQguy can carry me throught the match. I'll bring some good ammo this time.

As it turns out .... Hornady recomends you keep A-Maxs under 260,000rpm and I was pushing them about 283,000rpm.

Poof. Saw the small cloud about 200 yards out.

I'm in for Saturday.Wish I could have a repeat of last weekend.
I had fun.

My wife has plans for me on Sunday.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: van</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poof. Saw the small cloud about 200 yards out. </div></div>

laugh.gif
That's what the Hornady guy said .... they'll make it about 200 yards before they go

I would like to come up this weekend and run the endurance course on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. I'm out of reloading supplies!!!!!! We'll see what I can come up with. I wasn't expecting the endurance course to be so soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright, I'm in. Hopefully KQguy can carry me throught the match. I'll bring some good ammo this time.

As it turns out .... Hornady recomends you keep A-Maxs under 260,000rpm and I was pushing them about 283,000rpm. </div></div>
I don't know about that,the way I shot Sunday,you may have to carry me.
laugh.gif

Shooters,

I've had a couple PM's and some shooters are confused.

THIS IS NOT A SUPPRESSED ONLY SHOOT..ANYMORE.

All rifles .338 and under NON-SUPPRESSED and SUPPRESSED welcome.

Hope to see all the regulars and new shooters this weekend.

Tom

It's going to be interesting to see how our scores change from round 1,to round 2.Maybe they will drop from fatigue,or maybe improve as we figure out the conditions.Either way it should be interesting.
Max

I've done this a few times training clients. Your dope will change as light and temp and the wind gods at TVP play with your rounds. I've seen 3-5 mph pushes when wind flags are still as can be. Where does it come from? Ghosts on the prairie we call it. Theres no explaination to some of the currents and winds I've experienced over the last 8 years here. I've seen 5 wind flags from the benches to the 1000 yard berm ALL blow different directions. I thank my lucky stars everyday to be blessed with the most ultimate shooting gallery in my back yard to train and share my range with others who share the same interest and passion. This should be an olympic level sport shooting this course twice a day two days in a row. That's what's next fellas. Be prepaired. Even the ticks have a way of making it interesting.

PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF FOOD AND WATER FOR THE DAY. I will have a trailer to put coolers in if needed. Please bring cameras. I want to have a photo comp this season. Picking the top five pics taken and the number one. I will think of a prize.

Looking forward to it guys.
Tom
TVP

I think I better put this in both threads...

I realize this is a little short notice...I am in need of a spotter for tomorrow that can call in mils.

Is anyone available? Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I better put this in both threads...

I realize this is a little short notice...I am in need of a spotter for tomorrow that can call in mils.

Is anyone available? Thanks! </div></div>
I need a teamate to.

I will spot for you and be your teamate if youd like i need a partner too. Call my cell its coming in a pm now.

It's now 830 pm and haven't heard from osuarc? Do you still need a partner or are you good ?

woodspider-

I will need a partner. PM if interested.

van

I am hoping woodspider is still available...I've been reloading all night and getting my gear together...now I have to get up in three hours to get on the road!

Well, will somebody spill the beans or is eveyone too tired to type?

Tom and David had the high team score. Congrats to KQguy as the top shooter individually. I don't remember the actual scores, but I'm thinking KQguy's total for both rounds was something around 173 (pretty damn good considering the wind). We started out with 10 shooters and had a couple more join us for the second round. The wind was pretty EVIL to say the least, but not impossible. TCA took some pictures, so I'm sure he'll get them posted soon.

I will be posting the results for the weekend tomorrow. I just got everything cleaned and put away.
Thanks to everyone who showed up. Everyone had a good time and the weather made it interesting..again. Glen took some good pics and I'm sure he will get them posted asap. I will be planning another shoot like this soon. I will keep everyone posted. Next steel shoot is May 8th & 9th.

Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will keep everyone posted. Next steel shoot is May 8th & 9th.

Tom
TVP
</div></div>
What's going on the 8th and 9th?

What would you guys prefer? Short course or long or both let me know. Mothers day is Sunday so consider that. Let me know whats best. Maybe shoot the Intimidator twice or the short course twice. I'm planning a two day shoot in May. I'm looking at the calendar today and will post this weekend results this evening.

Tom
TVP

Please give me a break!
I just got home from a long weekend of shootin, and need to check for ticks.

Didn't take many pics, but don't think many may miss their 15 min of Fame.

This was a very light crowd for what was planned.

Other class for 50 cal shoot this weekend.
Who wants to show what can be done with a small gun @ 1000?

Bring plugs and muffs for this weekend.

I believe Tom want's to have this as a club.
Us working together.
The more we work together, the quicker it goes.
How many had the 5 min bonus Saturday?

We slapped two newbies in at station four.
How many helped them out?

I see possible teamate, not fresh meat.
Many are only there for competing, not helping others.

I feel scores should not be posted.

If you were there Sunday, you may have learned what I
mean.

Tom,
If guy's want to do the short, Bro and myself would like to be team.

Giving time bonus on short course will give the pisol guy's time to show us other things.

Nobody has cleaned the short yet!

I'm thinking 3 min for time bonus on short course.

Still possible,yet hard to do.

Why must I post pics of what you may have missed?

Thank-you Tom for yesterday!
Glen

The double Intimidator was fun. It was good we started at 8:30 a.m. The double course made for a long day. Maybe that should be shot again in a few weeks. Make this shoot on Saturday keeping Mother's day in mind.

I may bring out another rifle. The .223 will go the distance but is not competitive by any means. I guess its good practice for wind reading skills. Cheaper anyway. Once I gain confidence in another rifle I have,my scores will increase.

Van,
fun shooting with you afterwards.
Yes, I saw deer in the headlights only 15 min away.

Tom and Dave,
Thank-you for a great weekend!

Doing that twice in one weekend will be fun!+

Four times shooting the course in two days should make anybody tired!

200 rounds should be more than enough.

Plan on it for a fun weekend.

Glen

Tom
How about the short course twice w/ early start on the 8th? Might have to put a time limit on how long you can take to shoot it or partner up or both.
What do you all think
Wayde

I like the "both" idea (actually all three) early start, teams with a time limit. I won't be able to make a match on the 8th but could probably make an intimadator match on the 9th.

I'm all for an earlier start, but I'm a little closer than some shooters. I like the thought of running the short course as a team with a time limit as well (might still have to be a little lenient on newer shooters and the hand-rifle guys). That should give any newer shooters a good idea what to expect when they try the Intimidator and would be good practice for the regulars.

I'm going to leave it up to you guys for the 8th. If we start at 8:00-8:30 a.m. we can shoot the short course then the long course. Hmm..but NO .338's on short course. So bring two guns if this is the case.

Tom
TVP

Congrats to Tom and David for the win and to KQguy for the high score. I figured you guys would be fighting the wind as it was windy down here all day. I wish I could have made it to this one, but it wasn't in the cards.

Ps. Tom, I guess my dad had a pretty good time since he went out and bought a rifle already, Lol. I guess we'll both be back soon.

Short course on the 8th w/ opportunity to shoot long or off the benches after or on Sunday gets my vote. I worked up some data for the long course I'd like to verify.

Sorry for the delay.
Yeah we had some wind Friday and Saturday.
So what?
Wasn't raining or snowing for shoots!
Wind was from about 3-15 MOA.

Final pics from the last two weekends.

supshoot114.jpg

supshoot125.jpg

supshoot169.jpg

supshoot172.jpg

supshoot174.jpg

Or maybe an early morning start at different station.

Thank-You Tom,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the delay.
Yeah we had some wind Friday and Saturday.
So what?
Wasn't raining or snowing for shoots!
Wind was from about 3-15 MOA.

</div></div>

Looks like it was a good time.
I think you mean wind was from 3-15 MPH not 3-15MOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I think I got the wind call right!
Is there a scope that you can crank to MPH?
</div></div>

I think you're a bit confused glenn but im going to let someone else take this since Ive got things to do.

Glad everyone had a good time.

TCA4570-

Thanks for posting pictures.

van

No problem, sorry took so long.
Guess if you weren't there not couldn't understand.
Missed you Sunday.
Wind was kinda the same only different.

TC

"im going to let someone else take this since Ive got things to do."

Who else would want to try to do that, that wasn't there?

Those that were, learned differnet things.

Who is wrong?

Glen,

Not that it matters but maybe it wasn't worded clear. Yes, lots of shooters had 3-15 MOA of windage in the scope. I had 10 MOA at one time. No pissing matches on TVP threads. (hopefully)
We (most) (of us that were here) knew what you meant.

Tom
TVP

Just wanted to say I had a great time down at TVP on Sunday. It was an awesome experience, I cant wait to go back. Thanks Tom and all the guys for the enjoyable time.

Gabe

Damn having to plant sucks while you guys are having fun shooting. I wish I was there can't wait to get back out there.

Tom,
Sorry if it sounded that way to some.
Just thought that wind in MOA was more usefull.
Many may talk conditions, but very few see.
Planning on paper this weekend.

Glen