• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Twist needed for a .50 Beowulf for these 600gr

Re: Twist needed for a .50 Beowulf for these 600gr

No one here with a thought on this? PG

I have an SSK .500 Whisper.

The barrel twist is 1:10.

Works with M-33 ball, 637gr (I think) and A-Max, 750gr.

Also works with 650gr plain base cast.

No issues going thru a can with any of these sub-sonic.

Mine can be dissasimbled so lead is not an issue.

I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but I hope this can be of value.

Well that is what I was thinking but cant find anyone making them in that type of twist rate range. Thanks PG

Your best bet would be to call Strong Arm. Considering they developed the bullet, they will be able to provide you with the information on the barrel(s) used for testing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your best bet would be to call Strong Arm. Considering they developed the bullet, they will be able to provide you with the information on the barrel(s) used for testing. </div></div>

I tried that they were ZERO help but nice on the phone. They said to call Saturn machine who makes the barrels for Alexander Arms but they never returned my phone calls or email. They were also ZERO help even though I wanted to buy a barrel go figure. Thanks PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Online Twist Rate Calculator

http://kwk.us/twist.html
</div></div>

Awesome thanks PG

Anyone have a website for strong arm ballistics? I thought I had seen one but doing a google search turned up nothing for their site this time. Thanks PG

Don't know if this is still good. I don't think he has a web site.

StrongArm Ballistics
3317 West Base Road
Rockport, Indiana 47635
812-649-9144 (shop)
[email protected]

.50 Beowulf is actually 1-20 twist.
Satern does NOT make the .50 Beowulf barrels for Alexander Arms, as a side note. They only made barrels for the AR Stoner line for Midway, and their license to do that was pulled by AA because people were buying barrels left and right and had no access to things like uppers, which have a larger ejection port.

Reactions: Tirador

Thanks Beef my first post was I typo. I still wish I could find a faster twist barrel for it. PG

50 (.510")
3 groove 9"
6 groove 18" 20"
8 groove 9" 14"

Pac Nor.

See what a blank would cost you.

I like this website.

http://kwk.us/twist.html

I used to design bullets as my profession and this site tracks pretty well to more sophisticated bullet design software.

any advice where to get a barrel in the proper twist for these?

I spoke with Pac-Nor and they do not make these barrels for AR style rifles so you would have to have someone work on the blank to work with the AR. Not sure who can do that. PG

Yes I knew that. That was what I was getting at. I happen to have a Beowulf reamer, licensed by AA- was just trying to help you out, there might be someone else somewhere that could do it for you. Just saying- there are almost always options. Don't forget the barrel extension- but you might say I know a guy.

Beef I am not sure are whats up are you offering to make a barrel for me? If yes I am interested. I would still prefer a faster twist rate but I could be wrong in thinking I need that. If I said typed something to make you think I was not appreciative I didnt mean it that way at all. I am open to suggestions and looking for help. Thank you PG

PGG- I will help you in any way I can, I wasn't attempting to come off as a dyck or anything, just letting you know I obviously didn't clarify my statements earlier.
Yes-Pac Nor doesn't make an AR barrel in a .50, it would be custom as all get out one run kind of thing.
Yes- I can make a blank into a barrel.
Yes-I can get a Beowulf barrel extension,

I think 1-18 would be ok, you might get a blank elsewhere rifled faster. Check around with various manufacturers and see. If you decide you want to try something, let me know.
Again- I'll be glad to help.

Beef Pac-nor said they have a few twist rates I think she said 9-14 & 18 I can go look again. When I looked on their site I thought they were listing lengths and she said those were twist rates. Any idea if that is correct? It sure looks like lengths listed to me and I see in an earlier post thats what you listed them as too. I will call them again and try to figure it out she might have been wrong. I will DM you from here on out unless anyone else in interested about cost time etc. Thanks PG

Contact Ken Butler with www.thebulletworks.net

Ken is a super nice guy.

He is building a batch of AR uppers for the .50 Beowulf. He is in Arkansas.

Phone number from his website: (479) 471-5110

If you don't want one of his uppers, he may be able to help you with just a barrel.

I'm dragging this one out of the basement. Was there any progress in finding a 50 cal fast twist 1:14 or faster, blank? I'm not too worried about how to make it fit an AR, just need to find the blank. Thanks,

Jeff

I'm dragging this one out of the basement. Was there any progress in finding a 50 cal fast twist 1:14 or faster, blank? I'm not too worried about how to make it fit an AR, just need to find the blank. Thanks,

Jeff
Yep would like to know also.

@paulrem308 I'll let you know how I get on with it. I'm really craving to build a side-charge integrally silenced 50 beowulf AR. I will put in my F1 for the can next week.

http://pac-nor.com/barrel_order/ seems to be the place to get it done...I've got a call out to them just to talk through it. I'll put an update to this thread as soon as I hear back.

Jeff

Oh, and I'm still unsure if I'll go with the 1:12 or 1:18 twist...I've got a call out to Alexander Arms to see if they have any thoughts.

Jeff