• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes two questions, Howa rail, ring height

Bevan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
1) Who makes a 20MOA 1-piece rail for a Howa 1500/WBY Vanguard besides Roedale precision?

2) I have Leupold low PRW rings holding my scope onto a Roedale rail on my Sako 75 at the moment, the scope sits irritatingly high. What's another quality option for lower 1" rings than the low PRWs, but also reasonably light + low profile, because I don't want to carry 3lbs of 'tactical' rings around with me when I'm hunting

Re: two questions, Howa rail, ring height

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Who makes a 20MOA 1-piece rail for a Howa 1500/WBY Vanguard besides Roedale precision?

2) I have Leupold low PRW rings holding my scope onto a Roedale rail on my Sako 75 at the moment, the scope sits irritatingly high. What's another quality option for lower 1" rings than the low PRWs, but also reasonably light + low profile, because I don't want to carry 3lbs of 'tactical' rings around with me when I'm hunting </div></div>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the top of the receiver shaped and bolt pattern the exact same on the Howa 1500 as it is on the Remington 700? I swear I used a Remington 700 rail on my Howa 1500.

The Howa long action is the same foot print as a Rem 700 long action on top. So, any base for a Rem 700 LA will work. If you have a short action, I am not 100% sure, but I know the LA are the same.

I believe that 1-piece rails for a short action 700 will not fit a short action Howa. I suppose I could test this easily enough.

For a Howa, you have two choices. EGW or Ken Farrell

Since Legacy is the only place your going to get an EGW base, its $70, you can get Ken Farrell Bases for $95 I think. Or just get the two piece 700 bases from Nightforce. (One piece Rem SA won't work, howas SA is a little longer.)

I got an EGW while they were $40 but would not hesitate at the current price to get the Farrell or if he doesn't have them in stock, the NF set.

As far as rings, Go look at the Burris Signatures Zee with the plastic inserts, they come in pretty low height.