• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. Postal Service to award $6.3B contract for new mail truck this year....OMG...WTF?!

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida
    These are the finalists......Sweet Baby Jesus......Not to mention their so called budget shortfalls......

mail-karsan.jpg

mail-ford.jpg

mail-work.jpg

I like the bottom one. That looks like about the perfect truck for delivering mail.

Reactions: trob
    The youngest of the standard mail trucks are 26 years old at this point. Repair and maintenance costs are excessive to keep the pieces of junk running. I'd say 5-10% of the trucks are down on any given day many for motors or transmissions. They are also too small for what is being delivered. Carriers are having to make multiple trips to and from the office to handle the packages.

The newer minivans and sprinter vans you see are poor solutions. They need to be left hand drive to deliver curbside. The mail also needs to be where the carrier can get it without going in the back every time. I never delivered out of one of the sprinters but they have to be an order of magnitude better than the minivans. At least with the sprinter you aren't stepping out into traffic.

Unless I did the math wrong 180000 trucks for $6.3b works out to $35000 per truck. The protesters list at $33000 and aren't purpose built for the job.

Personally I'd prefer the one based on the Ford Transit because it is based on a proven vehicle. Followed by the Workhorse unit because it is likely a modified version of something in production. Of course the PO will probably buy the Turk one because the person making the decision is like Biden and the Ukraine.

I wonder if the new trucks, will make them smarter and able to figure out my address, so, I stop getting everyone else's mail, at least 3x a week. Mac:unsure:

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
    For what they charge for a fucking stamp they could afford to deliver in limos. That is if they had to be accountable and didn’t enjoy pissing away someone else’s tax dollars.

the USPS leadership didnt foresee email and people more interested in delivering packages then letters, so they came up with those stupid little vehicles you see now ... now the same idiots are choosing the next vehicle .... lets hope they understand how COVID will change peoples buying habits and get ahead of the curve .. but i doubt it

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Mailmen always bitch about having to purchase their own mailman truck. So what does USPS need a budget for purchasing trucks for?

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Coldn't they find something off the shelf ?

When people fail to look at the pictures.....All those above are a left hand drive vehicle. LMAO

Cool....see people were not looking at the pics then....thank you!