• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimate gas block of choice | update on riflespeed

Thanks for posting that handguard setup. I agree about the exposure.
I'm confused are those two different setups? The gas block in the photos look place in two different locations.
I don’t have the gas block mounted up yet waiting on an slr .750 dimple block . I pulled the gas block up to the front of the handguard in the one pic to show the top clearance and one with it set back that riflespeed height at the top is the problem on most handguards a DD MFR xl 15.0 will work and it’s 4oz lighter the the quad 12” DD rail

I don’t have the gas block mounted up yet waiting on an slr .750 dimple block . I pulled the gas block up to the front of the handguard in the one pic to show the top clearance and one with it set back that riflespeed height at the top is the problem on most handguards a DD MFR xl 15.0 will work and it’s 4oz lighter the the quad 12” DD rail
Oh I gotcha; Nice! I was curious what a 15" would look like. If I were to go 15" I'd have to find a quad that is just as beefy as the ris II.

Thanks for posting that handguard setup. I agree about the exposure.
I'm confused are those two different setups? The gas block in the photos look place in two different locations.
Same set up just pulled the gas block up in the one pic to show top clearance with the rail. I don’t have it set yet waiting on a .750 slr dimpler the riflespeed on the .750 block is at .450 and the factory DD mk12 low pro was at .400 with the DD MFR XL 15.0 handguard is like 4oz lighter the the 12” quad

In the context of this thread, the gas blocks are at the end of the handguards, there would be no long wrenches. Further, it's strange you're suddenly opposed to an adjustment due to the proximity of the muzzle while simultaneously OK with mounting and unmounting a silencer between strings of fire. The general public is stupid, they point guns at themselves without adjustable gas systems. Next time you're at the range look at the ceiling and count the holes.

How much gas adjusting are the proponents of the RS gas block doing on a routine basis? I asked the question earlier and the only response was from the OP and basically said he don't know. There's a recent video about the RS from the dude sometimes affiliated with TFB, his use case appears to be he is shooting random 308Win ammo all the time for video purposes.
I use the Riflespeed on a 223 16", a 300 Blackout 8" and just recently, converted my POF Revolution DI over to the Riflespeed gas block. On the 300 blackout, I vary the gas quite a bit between subs and supers. On the others, just depends on the load I'm running and it allows for adjustment for temp and as the gas system gets dirty. I run a pretty wide range of hand loads in all three platforms and absolutely loathe the long hex wrenches and trying to find some small ass orifice to stick it into for adjustment. It's a pain in the ass. The Riflespeed is just far, far easier. I DO think they need to include a set of the plungers with the gas block, not just two. The 223 and 308 do use the included plungers (RS includes two) but the 300 Black out necessitated the purchase of a few more as I didn't know which would work.

My POF Revolution DI did have the adjustment at the end of the hand guard (brilliant!) and it's very easy to adjust with a large "valve" that isn't going to wear out like a smaller valve or at least not nearly as quickly. It leaked quite a bit out the front though and I had to clean out the system twice in its life but I do have a good amount of rounds through it.

The Riflespeed's plunger (needle valve) is beefier than some of the others and generally good for about 20,000 rounds before needing replacement.