• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deadline Action

Didn’t want to make a new thread so I’m bumping this one up. Any updates or thoughts on this action? It really has me interested.

Didn’t want to make a new thread so I’m bumping this one up. Any updates or thoughts on this action? It really has me interested.

It's a great action and it's worth every penny. However, I do advise that before you decide to build on the Deadline, that you visit Ultimatum's website and look at the FAQ'S. Doing so will make you aware of a few key limitations, namely, that the Deadline is not drop-in compatible with most 700 footprint actions without modification. I went through hell settling on a chassis that would allow the Deadline to drop in with minimal modification. Currently, the only stocks/chassis to which the Deadline will "drop-in" (according to Ultimatum) are select offerings from: MDT, Manners, and XLR. I have mine sitting in an MPA BA chassis running a McGowen 22" .308 medium palma. The only modification I had to give the MPA was to shave a few thousandths off the mag latch to compensate for the Deadline's .825" bolt diameter.

Thanks for the heads up on all that. So you have no issues with bolt lift or any binding? I’m really spoiled with my Axiom for the most part. I think my next chassis for the next build will be on an MDT ACC.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Nothing of the sort. If you plan on pairing the Deadline with the MDT ACC, it should drop-in seamlessly. I know for a fact, having spoken with reps at MDT, that they've built their chassis to accept the Deadline.

Reactions: 021411
Thanks for the heads up on all that. So you have no issues with bolt lift or any binding? I’m really spoiled with my Axiom for the most part. I think my next chassis for the next build will be on an MDT ACC.
The Axiom is generally an easier build as it essentially a nicer built 700 with a three lug bolt. The further you get away from the standard 700, the more modifications you have to do. As for the Deadline in the ACC, it will work and we have built a couple for testing purposes, but you will have to do some minor modifications :) Before you order, contact our support team and we'll send you the right bits to make it work!

Can anyone compare the Deadline to the Axiom? Characteristics wise.. lift, smoothness, etc

Can anyone compare the Deadline to the Axiom? Characteristics wise.. lift, smoothness, etc

I can't attest to the smoothness of the Axiom vs the Deadline, but as far as design characteristics, they’re pretty competitive. The Deadline has .825" bolt with dual savage style extractors. The Axiom has a .750" bolt with a M16 style extractors. It really depends on what kind of design gripes you have with the Deadline and what the purpose of your future build is. I immediately noticed that the Deadline is significantly beefier than the majority of actions I’ve handled, but it performs flawlessly and it’s smooth as butter. Also, some people are partial to Savage style extraction, not sure if that is something you have issue with though. Ultimatum currently doesn’t have any long action offerings which also might be something worth considering.

I can't attest to the smoothness of the Axiom vs the Deadline, but as far as design characteristics, they’re pretty competitive. The Deadline has .825" bolt with dual savage style extractors. The Axiom has a .750" bolt with a M16 style extractors. It really depends on what kind of design gripes you have with the Deadline and what the purpose of your future build is. I immediately noticed that the Deadline is significantly beefier than the majority of actions I’ve handled, but it performs flawlessly and it’s smooth as butter. Also, some people are partial to Savage style extraction, not sure if that is something you have issue with though. Ultimatum currently doesn’t have any long action offerings which also might be something worth considering.
The Deadline is def in long action.

I have a short action and its really nice. I've finger banged a vector and for being 3 lugs the feel is similar. Without being next to eachother its hard to say. The bolt slides front to rear effortlessly and will just from tipping the rifle a hair in either direction.

The thing I really notice is just how massive everything on the deadline is. The bolt knob is excellent and the angle at the top, being parallel to ground is nice. Tons of room on the rail for mounting anything especially bigger mounts like a spuhr compared to rings. Just a little more flexibility.

Trimmed .065 from mag catch and .080 from the longer MPA action screw which went in the rear.

A friend is gonna throw a small shank barrel on it this weekend before im it heads to WTO for a barrel and some play

I started the season with an Axiom, and finished with an Ultimatum Deadline. As people have stated, the Axiom was a drop in fit to my manners mini-chassis, but i had to slightly modify for the Deadline (safety clearance, mag catch).

Its no secret that the main complaint for all of Ultimatum's actions is the heavy bolt lift. The Axiom is definitely lighter. I'd say both are equally smooth. Once you get on the clock, and start ripping that bolt back and forth in a match, you won't really notice the difference. I do love that the Deadline is built like a tank, adds some weight to the rifle, and the swappable bolt heads is fun as well.

I ended up trading my Axiom for another Deadline. One is my 6xc match gun, the other is a 223 trainer. The final decision came down to being able to run AW mags...they are just so flawless.

I have one as well. I went a different route with the chassis. I picked up the magpul pro700. Now it required more modifications than the others out there but it wasnt hard to do. I work at a machine shop so I have access to some stuff that made it easier. First I had to mill about .045 deep channel to allow the cocking sear to have clearance. The pro700 has a straight back buttstock and doesnt drop. I had to make a bevel in the inlet for the trigger hanger and had to trim the mag catch like everyone else. I had to do less because I'm running aw mags. As for the 223 because I run this as a switch barrel, I cut the top of the mag down from mdt to fit without having to have a second mag catch, magpul made it very clear they wouldn't give me another one....

Attachments

• received_1815628211896973.jpeg
    received_1815628211896973.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 131
I have one as well. I went a different route with the chassis. I picked up the magpul pro700. Now it required more modifications than the others out there but it wasnt hard to do. I work at a machine shop so I have access to some stuff that made it easier. First I had to mill about .045 deep channel to allow the cocking sear to have clearance. The pro700 has a straight back buttstock and doesnt drop. I had to make a bevel in the inlet for the trigger hanger and had to trim the mag catch like everyone else. I had to do less because I'm running aw mags. As for the 223 because I run this as a switch barrel, I cut the top of the mag down from mdt to fit without having to have a second mag catch, magpul made it very clear they wouldn't give me another one....

I also did the same MDT 223 mag modification to fit the same height as my AW 308 mag catch. Easy stuff.

It makes life easier and if I ever switch actions it's still going to work as normal

Reactions: jzwolen
The Deadline is def in long action.

I have a short action and its really nice. I've finger banged a vector and for being 3 lugs the feel is similar. Without being next to eachother its hard to say. The bolt slides front to rear effortlessly and will just from tipping the rifle a hair in either direction.

The thing I really notice is just how massive everything on the deadline is. The bolt knob is excellent and the angle at the top, being parallel to ground is nice. Tons of room on the rail for mounting anything especially bigger mounts like a spuhr compared to rings. Just a little more flexibility.

Trimmed .065 from mag catch and .080 from the longer MPA action screw which went in the rear.

A friend is gonna throw a small shank barrel on it this weekend before im it heads to WTO for a barrel and some play

I was wondering why I was having problems with the rear action screw. I'm assuming you're running the Deadline in an MPA BA chassis as well? Is your measurement of .080 dead on? I'm considering taking a mill file and shaving down the screw as well.

I was wondering why I was having problems with the rear action screw. I'm assuming you're running the Deadline in an MPA BA chassis as well? Is your measurement of .080 dead on? I'm considering taking a mill file and shaving down the screw as well.
deadline in MPA Comp. yes

.080 is close. put it the whole way through the rear tang and you can see how much needs to be trimmed. it's easily visible

The reason the rear action is screw is an issue is that the bolt on the Deadline is fatter than the standard R700 bolt (and most clones) which moves the cocking sear, rear mag stop and trigger hanger down lower. Essentially, all the "fixes" to get the Deadline to work in a chassis/stock are due to the larger bolt.

The reason the rear action is screw is an issue is that the bolt on the Deadline is fatter than the standard R700 bolt (and most clones) which moves the cocking sear, rear mag stop and trigger hanger down lower. Essentially, all the "fixes" to get the Deadline to work in a chassis/stock are due to the larger bolt.
cause it's MASSIVE. even compared to the 'big' .750 bolts

what have you done with the ACC to make the deadline fit better? or are they all user mods?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
If a shooter wants to drop an Ultimatum Deadline into the ACC, we have a cutout to accommodate the lower safety (found in all of our R700 SA footprint chassis now), but we also supply a rear action screw washer (to lower the rear action screw) and a magazine latch that is specifically shorter so that you don't have to try and trim your own. We do not offer this as a standard option our website, so you have to email or call us to get this setup :)

Just FYI Ultimatum is having 26% off their stuff on Boxing Day. Only thing discount doesn’t apply on are the Trigger Tech triggers. Code is 2626
I’m soooo tempted to grab an action.

Thats a killer deal. If i didnt have 2 short action Deadlines already, I'd order up another!

Question for anyone here with the Deadline.. when you install your trigger hanger, is there any play in the trigger when not engaged by the bolt? With the small screw as tight as it will go (I started to slip my 10 torx bit going any tighter) there seems to be a decent amount of movement on the trigger until it’s engaged by the bolt.

Question for anyone here with the Deadline.. when you install your trigger hanger, is there any play in the trigger when not engaged by the bolt? With the small screw as tight as it will go (I started to slip my 10 torx bit going any tighter) there seems to be a decent amount of movement on the trigger until it’s engaged by the bolt.
20 pounds

And no

20 pounds

And no

Yeah, I got it sorted. The torx wanted to strip. I had to put all my weight into it so it wouldn’t slip but I got it.

And I’ll say this... I emailed Ultimatum thinking I’d get a response later this week and they got back to me very quickly tonight, Christmas Eve. Awesome CS.

Anyone have experience running a Deadline in an MPA chassis with Magpul AICS mags? Just wanna be aware of any potential issues.

Just received my UP deadline barreled action yesterday which I purchased during boxing day ,26% off event. The bolt lift (trigger pulled)isn't bad but it does require extra force when you want to chamber a round, close the bolt/action. I will say it worse than my Cadex Tremor in 50bmg(50 degree bolt lift,4 lugs) but I only cycled/dry fired this deadline action like 500-700 times and haven't put any round through yet (fitment issue with MDT ACC chassis) so hopefully it will improves after some usage.

Other note, my action has pretty low serial number,UP0007X which kindda surprised me. I thought UP sells a lot more than that since it was out 3rd quarter of 2018

I really don't know why Ultimatum decided to make the bolt that thick. It doesn't solve any problems that currently existed with the smaller bolts, and just creates new ones.

So much for being a drop in rem700 footprint.

For what it’s worth, it dropped in hassle free to a KRG Whiskey 3 for me. Just had to trim the top of the mag catch. After that it was perfect.

For what it’s worth, it dropped in hassle free to a KRG Whiskey 3 for me. Just had to trim the top of the mag catch. After that it was perfect.
Yes! I tried my deadline action with buddy's KRG newer gen Bravo and it fits well too. Only mag catch requires some trimming.

Reactions: Pgd
I have 2 actions, and I still consider 10min of fitting for my Manners stocks ‘drop in’. Both of my actions are #00005x

Overall I think both Curtis actions are better. Lighter bolt lift. Most triggers work. I ran the Deadline last year with success. It’s a tank for sure. All of them will hold a barrel and go bang

Hey odd question does anyone know the thickness of the recoil lug?

I can take a measurement on it tonight, but I feel like it was thicker than .250

100% sure its between 1/4" and 3/8"

I run both my Deadlines in Manners mini-chassis stocks, but i've had them also bolted into a KRG Bravo with no issues.

So I just realized my old Gen 1 AICS takes AW mags. Looks like I’m going to drop one of these actions in and I’ll have a backup rifle for PRS.

Attachments

• E7D0E181-4779-4031-ABE1-B5A847E20B67.jpeg
    E7D0E181-4779-4031-ABE1-B5A847E20B67.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 48
So I just realized my old Gen 1 AICS takes AW mags. Looks like I’m going to drop one of these actions in and I’ll have a backup rifle for PRS.

2 things, you'll need to mill lug pocket for thicker lug and mill area in front rear screw for trigger hanger.

Reactions: The Durk
Any body running an nx8 4-32x 50 on a deadline yet?
I have both on order. And dont know what ring height to get. But I plan on get NF rings.
I just wanna get them ordered as well.
So I dont have to wait any longer than I have to.

i have an ATACR 7-35 and i run 1.0 spurh rings on it, personally i need a bit higher because i can see my can cover on 7 lol