• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unit(s) bitches

Nice one of our newbs is a scholar
Did i spell NEWBS right? or is it NOOBS?
sorry forgot we r talking about units.

Reactions: BGE541
It drives me nuts when people say, "What grain weight", or, "What grain of bullet", do I ..... Grains is a unit of weight, like mph is a unit of speed. Help stop the bastardization of the English language.

How many grains (of sand) in your wadded up panties? 😂

Yes, all very funny. However, the point still stands. Words have meaning and words mean things. What if I asked you what inch your barrel was? Does that make sense?

The definition of a word changes every time a DSA says something stupid. So, hard to keep up.;)

1606780254822.png
1606780254822.png
1606780254822.png

This unit, which is often abbreviated as “gr” is equal to one 7,000th of a pound
Hmm maybe people are asking what weight of the projectile you are using. Say a 55gr in a 5.56.

Reactions: Zeroit
Grammar nazis, assemble!

Now there’s a guy who know his way around a unit!

It drives me nuts when people say, "What grain weight", or, "What grain of bullet", do I ..... Grains is a unit of weight, like mph is a unit of speed. Help stop the bastardization of the English language.
What if it is only one?

Yes, all very funny. However, the point still stands. Words have meaning and words mean things. What if I asked you what inch your barrel was? Does that make sense?

I'm with you brah

Stupid ass noobs

How about: "What ____ for _____"?

Anybody ever heard of the word "WHICH"?

HUH?

I have a little background in filed artillery and it drives me nuts when I hear someone say "shrapnel" when they should be calling it "shell fragment."

So, I understand the OP's frustration.

I have a little background in filed artillery and it drives me nuts when I hear someone say "shrapnel" when they should be calling it "shell fragment."

So, I understand the OP's frustration.
But a shrapnel projectile is still very effective against troops. But maybe only when fires from "filed" artillery. :)