• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics 1-8 red dot!

lazy21

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Houston, Tx.
I just placed a order for 30 USO 1-8 SR8 scopes. They offer two versions of the 1-8, first is the regular lit FFP, red dot non lit FFP reticle.

Power - 1-8x
Eye Relief - 3.38 "
Tube Size - 30mm
Objective size - 27mm
Reticle - C2 and CDMIL
Travel - 90 MOA
Knobs - 2/10 MIL zeroing
Illumination - Blue, Red, and Green
Weight - 1.4 Lbs
Length - 11.75"
Parallax - Set at 100 Yards

Retail Prices are

(nobody pays retail with Lazy)

lit FFP $1995
Red dot non lit FFP reticle $2495

I also don't need full payment, a deposit will work(what ever you can do is more than fine with me). That just reserves your scope
on the dot I ordered blue/red and you can also pick what ever color you want on the reticle(does not have to be the as the dot same)

I am the first to order these scopes and will be the first to have them available to the public. I was told I should have them by March 1st, if you're interested. Let me know what reticle and color you want and I can change my orders

1-8.jpg

Re: US Optics 1-8 red dot!

So Lazy the standard $1995 version has no illumination or dot at all? I was thinking about the scope but if you get in the $2500 range to get a red dot then it's past where I am looking to spend. Back looking at the Vortex.

My prediction is that you will not be able to get one after a very short while so don't let this offer by Lazy pass you buy if you are at all interested. S&B big wigs were by the booth at SHOT and they were amazed at this scope after fingering it for a half an hour. The scope was independently tested by a third party firm and it is a TRUE 1x power, no one has been able to accomplish that feat in this power range. USO could have priced this thing more along the lines of the competition but they decided to keep it low. Priced right and MADE IN THE USA those two don't always go together so let's reward that and bury Lazy with orders.

Rob01,

On the 1995 version the reticle is illuminated but there is no red dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgtkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob01,

On the 1995 version the reticle is illuminated but there is no red dot.</div></div>

Thank you Jason, I was just about to clarify that

Thanks. The original post just said FFP. Thanks for the clarification and edit.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Do you have a close up (or link to one) of the CDMIL reticle? I looked around for a bit on the USO web page, but couldn't find a diagram of it. </span>
Thanks, JFComfort
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">
What cartridge/velocity is it calibrated for? </span>
Never mind, I see that it is straight mil.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
How large is the red dot and is it SFP? </span>

Thanks!

Lazy21, I've seen a delivered SN8 with covered turrets that were half as tall as the ones shown in your first post (see pic below). What turrets are these and what do they look like without the caps?

What turret knob options are there or will be available soon?

_DSC0763_zps2b3e3691.jpg
[/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lazy21, I've seen a delivered SN8 with covered turrets that were half as tall as the ones shown in your first post (see pic below). What turrets are these and what do they look like without the caps?

_DSC0763_zps2b3e3691.jpg
</div></div>[/quote]

Those are the caps that all my scopes came with(low profile)

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

This scope was one of the biggest hit of the SHOW, it was talked about by many of the big boys and by Wednesday Morning S&B was in the USO Booth trying to figure out how to make theirs work,

Huge kudos to John & Co, they nailed this scope !

Can we get some pics through the scope on the DFP or what. I've been waiting forever for some through the scope pics so I can decide between this the vortex, or the leupy mk 6. Please for the love of everything holy can we please get some through the scope pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we get some pics through the scope on the DFP or what. I've been waiting forever for some through the scope pics so I can decide between this the vortex, or the leupy mk 6. Please for the love of everything holy can we please get some through the scope pics.</div></div>

I'm working really hard to get one in my hands

I just posted a Blue FFP CDMIL in the FS Optics section

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lazy21, I've seen a delivered SN8 with covered turrets that were half as tall as the ones shown in your first post (see pic below). What turrets are these and what do they look like without the caps?

_DSC0763_zps2b3e3691.jpg
</div></div>[/quote]

First pic I believe is a prototype and has slimline knobs. Pic of the production scope in the Noveske mount has zeroing knobs (shortest knobs USO has) and I believe they are the only knobs you can get on a 1-8x as of now.

Any plans for a MOA version?

Thanks,
Erik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any plans for a MOA version?

Thanks,
Erik

</div></div>

Will this work for you?

C2MOA.jpg

I dunno, those subtensions seem like they might be kind of hard to remember...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any plans for a MOA version?

Thanks,
Erik

</div></div>

Will this work for you?

C2MOA.jpg
</div></div>

LOL.

LOL again.

As funny as it was and all, does anyone have an actual answer to the question?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As funny as it was and all, does anyone have an actual answer to the question?</div></div>

As of now, they're no plan's to build it in moa. Sorry

Roger that, thanks for looking into it. I Guess I'll just have to stick with my 1.5-6's.

Is the ererk knob even a option on here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the ererk knob even a option on here? </div></div>

From what I have read no, but maybe at a later date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just placed a order for 30 USO 1-8 SR8 scopes. They offer three versions of the 1-8, first is the regular lit FFP, red dot non lit FFP reticle, and red dot lit FFP reticle.

Power - 1-8x
Eye Relief - 3.38 "
Tube Size - 30mm
Objective size - 27mm
Reticle - C2 and CDMIL
Travel - 90 MOA
Knobs - 2/10 MIL zeroing
Weight - 1.4 Lbs
Length - 11.75"
</div></div>

Any info about exit pupil sizes?

us optics 1-8

I know this thread is a tad old however I am now in the market for one. I really would love to know more. I had narrowed my selection down to the Luppy mark 6 with the 7.62 ret which I must say was right on! The US Optics 1.8-10 and the mentioned US Optics 1-8. I love the fact that it is a true 1 power and the ability to be at 8x for the longer shots. My concern is the 1-6 power US Optic I had my paws on at 1x was so faint it was hard to make out the ret and the glass seemed to have a slight white hue. How or is the 1-8 any better. Thank for my ignorance in advance.

*Bones*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just placed a order for 30 USO 1-8 SR8 scopes. They offer three versions of the 1-8, first is the regular lit FFP, red dot non lit FFP reticle, and red dot lit FFP reticle.

Power - 1-8x
Eye Relief - 3.38 "
Tube Size - 30mm
Objective size - 27mm
Reticle - C2 and CDMIL
Travel - 90 MOA
Knobs - 2/10 MIL zeroing
Weight - 1.4 Lbs
Length - 11.75"
</div></div>

Any info about exit pupil sizes?

I know this thread is a tad old however I am now in the market for one. I really would love to know more. I had narrowed my selection down to the Luppy mark 6 with the 7.62 ret which I must say was right on! The US Optics 1.8-10 and the mentioned US Optics 1-8. I love the fact that it is a true 1 power and the ability to be at 8x for the longer shots. My concern is the 1-6 power US Optic I had my paws on at 1x was so faint it was hard to make out the ret and the glass seemed to have a slight white hue. How or is the 1-8 any better. Thank for my ignorance in advance.

*Bones*

USO's new 1-8 is the king of the 1-8's, it is all that and then some.It's worth the coin and you won't be disappointed.

I have the SR8s.
No red dot, illuminated C2 reticle.
The ring disappears at 8x and you're left with a mil hash reticle with illuminated (not daylight bright, at least not on mine) center as shown in Julio's post.
At 1x, the 40 mil ring aids rapid target acquisition by drawing your eye to the center.
The ring is also illuminated.
I have no problem seeing the reticle at all powers during the day.

Can't comment on how bright the dot is in the SR8c

Joe

Thanks for reminding me I have to send Lazy21 a PM!

Just want to make sure your healthy and doing well. I worry you know?

Almost killed myself a few weeks ago, but all is good now........Best advise I'll ever give you, never go fishing with me!

Almost killed myself a few weeks ago, but all is good now........Best advise I'll ever give you, never go fishing with me!

Hmmm, that story needs its own thread. Be interesting to hear. My kid can catch the fish

you just stay healthy until all those M's get shipped (and beyond)

How do these scopes perform in low light (first shooting light)? I think that this is an awesome power range and love the red dot feature.

How do these scopes perform in low light (first shooting light)? I think that this is an awesome power range and love the red dot feature.

I too am wondering the same thing. Also has anyone tried these 1-8 x scopes with clip on night vision like a PVS 22?

USO is working on a mini version of the Erek. If I'm not wrong, they call it the #4

View attachment 16912

HMMMM, I wonder if they will have this ready before they start building the M's and would they allow people that ordered M's to request the #4. Who would ask them about this?

I can make the call and change it for you.......I can also ask Jason on when they're planning on production on the new knob

BTW........stop stalking me dammit :)

Need to spell check my stuff

Last edited: