• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics 1-8 red dot!

Man this place reeks of customer servicing. I need a cigarette and a shower.

Last edited:
Hi Lazy,

It looks like there is no version with both ... red dot and lit reticle.
How does the red dot look at 8x? Or is it just meant to be used at lower power?
Is the red dot daylight visible?

Thank you,

Hi Lazy,

It looks like there is no version with both ... red dot and lit reticle.
How does the red dot look at 8x? Or is it just meant to be used at lower power?
Is the red dot daylight visible?

Thank you,

The dot is there from 1-8x when turned on.

The reason I bought the scope is for my Mk12Mod SPR; wanted something where I could shoot out to 700 yards yet have a true 1x on the low end to use for close dynamic shooting instead of having to deal with the smaller FOV and magnification of something like a 2.5 low end. Mine can easily be used during daylight just like an Aimpoint. The only bit of testing I haven't done extensively yet is how much parallax shift there is for using it as such during dynamic shooting.

Thanks TheGerman, very helpful.

Anyone compared it to the Leupold 1.1-8 CQBSS? Specially the glass. Sorry, I have no experience with US Optics but it sounds so great, I am considering selling my newly purchased, one time tested Leupold to get a US Optic.

Thanks TheGerman, very helpful.

Anyone compared it to the Leupold 1.1-8 CQBSS? Specially the glass. Sorry, I have no experience with US Optics but it sounds so great, I am considering selling my newly purchased, one time tested Leupold to get a US Optic.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you.

1. USO has, in the past, suffered from inconsistent QC. I've experienced it 1st hand on fully 1/3 of the new USO scopes I have used. Other Hide members have said the same. Hate to say it, sort of "Hit, or miss", so to speak.

2. This is a new model scope from USO, which seems to be evolving as we speak. Will a new feature or refinement be introduced a month after you put 50% down, wait for production and then finally receive yours?

I really couldn't recommend that you sell a bought and paid for Mk8 CQBSS for a new USO model that , in comparison to the Leupold, is still a relatively unknown product.

Good Luck. Tell us how you did.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you.

1. USO has, in the past, suffered from inconsistent QC. I've experienced it 1st hand on fully 1/3 of the new USO scopes I have used. Other Hide members have said the same. Hate to say it, sort of "Hit, or miss", so to speak.

2. This is a new model scope from USO, which seems to be evolving as we speak. Will a new feature or refinement be introduced a month after you put 50% down, wait for production and then finally receive yours?

I really couldn't recommend that you sell a bought and paid for Mk8 CQBSS for a new USO model that , in comparison to the Leupold, is still a relatively unknown product.

Good Luck. Tell us how you did.

I have to strongly disagree with this advise. I am not discounting that someone may have experienced a problem with a USO product, it happens to every mfgr at some point. However anyone who has held any of the recent USO products in hand knows the QC isn't an issue at all. Likewise, I dont see very many people saying it is an issue here or on other forums.

I had 2ea of the new 1-8's since right after SHOT show and like others who have had in hand, to include LowLight, all have said that it is a fantastic optic in the 1-8 range and blows all the others away in the 1-8 power market. Those statements along with range reports and pictures are floating around here in the forums if anyone cares to search.

As for the question about the glass, I think it's very good, and there are other threads here on the current high quality of USO's glass, but I think the subject of glass is very subjective from person to person as there is no standard to compare scope glass. What is quantifiable and worth noting is that the mechanical aspects of the scope are balls on and are repeatable. The build quality is also durable enough to withstand the abuses of 3 gun or field use without worry.

I can't say whether or not zigzag will like it over a MK8 CQBSS or not, he will have to handle one to determine that, but I can say that there is no need to worry about any of the things said by 997/2man in his post.

Papa, a couple of points.

It's advice, not advise.

The manufacture date of the two problematic scopes was 2012, I consider that recent.

Have you personally compared the USO to the Leupold or March 1-8x scopes? I'm doing a search, I see a March and Leupold review, nothing about the USO 1-8X.

The thread contains inquires regarding the most recent configuration of the USO, which is what I alluded to in my post. So yes, that might be a consideration for new buyer.

Good Luck, ZigZag.

If I were to put a rating or grade on my USO scopes, C+, at best.

I got sidetracked but plan on doing a USO-1-8x review.

I have both the Leupold and USO here and even clearly by the reaction at SHOT SHOW most people considered the USO the best of the bunch. (More than once the engineers from S&B and Zeiss were at the USO booth looking at it. I was visiting when they were there at one point.)

I have had 3 S&B scopes go back for repair recently, that proves nothing, or maybe it does... prior I had 1 go back. Are their locking turrets an issue? Maybe.

The eye relief on the USO is better than most, it's big. The red light visible dot is brighter than the Leupold even the Horus version with the daylight dot. (had that here and got rid of it)

I cannot comment on the March as I have not tried it. But they have a notoriously small eye box, still I refrain judgement as I have not used it.

A single scope sample size is a dis-service to everyone who is reading it, I have 16 S&B scopes, I can tell you I have used the customer service 4x, I have at least 12 USOs I used it 2x maybe I just got lucky, maybe they build mine special. I have about 12 Nightforce scopes and never used their CS... so who's rating counts more ? or does it.

The delay on the USO SR8 is totally my fault, but that does not take away from the fact they nailed it. Not just my opinion but a lot of people's.

Want to sell it?

I would like to see:

- Bright sunny day
- Light colored (bone dry) earthen berm
- buff colored IDPA
- at 1x
- dot on full intensity
- dot covering the 'D' zone on one of the sides so the photo shows 1/2 the target through the optic and 1/2 just through the camera. This will show the difference between the magnified and non mag view, any color distortion, and the brightness of the dot in full sunshine under washout conditions.

Thank you

Last edited:
Want to sell it?

I would like to see:

- Bright sunny day
- Light colored (bone dry) earthen berm
- buff colored IDPA
- at 1x
- dot on full intensity
- dot covering the 'D' zone on one of the sides so the photo shows 1/2 the target through the optic and 1/2 just through the camera. This will show the difference between the magnified and non mag view, any color distortion, and the brightness of the dot in full sunshine under washout conditions.

Thank you

Do a search, one of the other members has done one that pretty much covers all the items on your list except the last one I believe.

Here is a photo of mine. The only difference this has a different reticle than the C2. But the red dot is the same

As Bill Clinton would say, although with different thought in mind....

I could hit that!

I have a Brand new Blue dot with C2(slimline)if anyone is interested

Pics of the blue dot pleeeease :)

:D ;D

Blue_dot.png

I have a SR8 with mini EREK and a Horus reticule. It's a preproduction model. I will be doing a head to head review with the CQBSS, a Bushnell, and most likely a March as well. The USO is a great scope with a fantastic level of quality. I think it will best the Leupold in most categories, but will have to see. I'll post my results when that happens.

Last edited:
Like Frank said, I also have just about every US Optics model made. Never had any problems with any of my scopes. With regards of the new SR8C I have 10 of them and they are all perfect, no problem whatsoever, The glass is clear and the red dot very bright, Brighter than any other 1-6, 1-8 out there.
Buy UsOptics with confidence, In my opinion they make the best scope.