• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Us optics TS 12x

abn31c

Globe-trotting acclaimed troll
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2018
    Anybody with any experience with this, cant find anything on line.

Reactions: cardboardkiller
    I am not aware of a TS 12x. Is that a new model?

I know they have TS-6x, TS-8x and TS-20x. Those three are trickling out, so there should be some reviews out there.

ILya

Its on a site with limited access, 3x12x42, ffp locking turrets MHR or mil hunting reticle. Could be what alot of guys are looking for. 30 mil total adjustment. Maybe I'll be the Guinea pig?

Reactions: PBWalsh
    From the Website----Specs
    • Magnification: 3-12x
    • Eye Relief: 3mm
    • Diopter: +3, -2.5
    • Parallax Adjustment:10yd - Infinity
    • Field of View @ 3x: 100 yds = 30.41'
    • Field of View @ 12x: 8.33' meters
    • Eye Relief: 3 Inches
    • Objective Lens Housing Diameter: 42mm
    • Tube Diameter: 30mm
    • Overall Length: 9.6 in
    • Ocular Lens Diameter: 34 mm
    • Weight: 18.11 oz
    • Reticle Illumination: Non-Lit
    • Finish Color: Type III Hard Anodized Matte Black
    • Elevation Knob: Locking 1/10MIL
    • Elevation Travel: 30 MILS Total Travel
    • Windage Knob: Locking 1/10MIL
    • Windage Adjustment Range: 25 MILS (12.5L/12.5R)
    • Reticle: First Focal Plane Triplex or MHR

From the Website----Specs
    • Magnification: 3-12x
    • Eye Relief: 3mm
    • Diopter: +3, -2.5
    • Parallax Adjustment:10yd - Infinity
    • Field of View @ 3x: 100 yds = 30.41'
    • Field of View @ 12x: 8.33' meters
    • Eye Relief: 3 Inches
    • Objective Lens Housing Diameter: 42mm
    • Tube Diameter: 30mm
    • Overall Length: 9.6 in
    • Ocular Lens Diameter: 34 mm
    • Weight: 18.11 oz
    • Reticle Illumination: Non-Lit
    • Finish Color: Type III Hard Anodized Matte Black
    • Elevation Knob: Locking 1/10MIL
    • Elevation Travel: 30 MILS Total Travel
    • Windage Knob: Locking 1/10MIL
    • Windage Adjustment Range: 25 MILS (12.5L/12.5R)
    • Reticle: First Focal Plane Triplex or MHR

The specs are definitely unusual.

That will be interesting to see. I am surprised it is not illuminated.

ILya

Huh, wasn't on their website this am. Going to have a look.
    Thnx mooch!

Screen shot the page and share it here. I'd like to see it.

AC98ED33-0B75-4685-8E0D-235DABEBA772.png

Full page here:

USO TS-12X

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. The length and weight are appealing, but the lack of illumination, the 5mil turrets (and no ZS, just locking), and the lackluster reticle (it’s only a marginally tweaked GAP, and I like the GAP better, IMO) are less than impressive. The price point is nice, but what corners were cut to get it there? I’d probably save a bit more and spring for a used Bushnell LRTSi 3-12x before I went with this, to be honest. True zero stop, illumination, capped windage, G3 reticle, etc. I’d be giving up a a little in terms of length/weight, but that’s about it.

I hate to say it, but USO seems to be circling the drain with each new optic intro, from my vantage point. They were once a great innovator, but everything they’ve brought out recently seems to be Chinese/Philippine lower-tier, budget optics to try and capture the bottom of the market. It feels too little, too late...

Last edited:
    View attachment 7156866

Full page here:

USO TS-12X

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. The length and weight are appealing, but the lack of illumination, the 5mil turrets (and no ZS, just locking), and the lackluster reticle (it’s only a marginally tweaked GAP, and I like the GAP better, IMO) are less than impressive. The price point is nice, but what corners were cut to get it there? I’d probably save a bit more and spring for a used Bushnell LRTSi 3-12x before I went with this, to be honest. True zero stop, illumination, capped windage, G3 reticle, etc. I’d be giving up a a little in terms of length/weight, but that’s about it.

I'll keep my LRHS but this is an interesting offering at least.

Reactions: Henok and Basher
    Maybe I missed the parallax info? Also, eye relief 2-3 inches-interesting.

Short eyerelief is a pretty good thing for scopes aimed to be used in ARs, but the reticles listed are more of a generic hunting thing, so we'll see.

Lack of illumination could be a problem, but I like short overall length and reasonable weight.

ILya

Last edited:
    Reactions: J Scott
    A short, light, reasonably priced FFP optic in a good magnification range for a .223. ??
    I want one for my CZ 527. Looks like it would compliment the mini-Mauser action well.

I read through the spec sheet and see the parallax adjustment range is 10yd - Infinity. Like other posters commented, this should be a good lightweight option for an “SPR-Type” AR-10/15 platform or possibly a lightweight “hunter/tactical” bolt gun.

I read through the spec sheet and see the parallax adjustment range is 10yd - Infinity. Like other posters commented, this should be a good lightweight option for an “SPR-Type” AR-10/15 platform or possibly a lightweight “hunter/tactical” bolt gun.

I would also say rimfire scope. Still hunting for the perfect scope for my 22s and 17’s. Vortex Diamondback HD 3-12 is a nice size but glass and reticle are lacking, vortex SE 3-18 is better but is larger, Athlon 4.5-27 is nice but bulking (really like the glass and reticle), etc....

If this can have a nice clear glass, usable reticle (and crosshairs), great weight, etc... they might have a winner.
    Anyone have any links to the picture of their reticle?

I would also say rimfire scope. Still hunting for the perfect scope for my 22s and 17’s. Vortex Diamondback HD 3-12 is a nice size but glass and reticle are lacking, vortex SE 3-18 is better but is larger, Athlon 4.5-27 is nice but bulking (really like the glass and reticle), etc....

If this can have a nice clear glass, usable reticle (and crosshairs), great weight, etc... they might have a winner.
    Anyone have any links to the picture of their reticle?

Reactions: Frankr
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. When I first got it I was feeling like I made a mistake buying an Asian optic, for no real reason. I tried it on a 10/22 and a cz 452 from 25 to 300 yards. I like it a lot so far. The optical quality is good, it tracked perfect and the reticle is great for this optic. We shall see how it holds up when I try it on a .308, but I brought it for a compact .22 scope. It is definitely small. I ordered the “sunshade “ for it. Big mistake. I will be sending that
    E01A9E17-5F10-42AB-9715-50FD71663053.jpeg
    5C337FC9-0C78-46C6-8F84-873215BA24ED.jpeg
    1DF38409-553B-406B-84E6-A5A77B6967ED.jpeg
    back. It is a half inch long with some tinfoil honeycomb in it. I have never seed any like it. I use them as mostly a rain protector and a stabilizing point, so I like them traditional and 3-4 inches long. As luck would have it, an old bushnell shade I had threaded right on.

Reactions: Henok and Frankr
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. When I first got it I was feeling like I made a mistake buying an Asian optic, for no real reason. I tried it on a 10/22 and a cz 452 from 25 to 300 yards. I like it a lot so far. The optical quality is good, it tracked perfect and the reticle is great for this optic. We shall see how it holds up when I try it on a .308, but I brought it for a compact .22 scope. It is definitely small. I ordered the “sunshade “ for it. Big mistake. I will be sending thatView attachment 7217283View attachment 7217284View attachment 7217285 back. It is a half inch long with some tinfoil honeycomb in it. I have never seed any like it. I use them as mostly a rain protector and a stabilizing point, so I like them traditional and 3-4 inches long. As luck would have it, an old bushnell shade I had threaded right on.

How do you like the reticle in it?

I like it a lot. Of course with ffp it’s always a compromise, but on the upper end (8-12) it’s about perfect thickness.

I like it a lot. Of course with ffp it’s always a compromise, but on the upper end (8-12) it’s about perfect thickness.
    On the lower end?
    My boy has a 3-12 vortex Diamondback HP that I have been tempted to upgrade to this but I am worried at 3x he might not be able to use the reticle as well as a SFP scope like he already has.

On the lower end?
    My boy has a 3-12 vortex Diamondback HP that I have been tempted to upgrade to this but I am worried at 3x he might not be able to use the reticle as well as a SFP scope like he already has.
    It’s like any ffp scope. Unless it’s to thick at high mag, it will be real thin at low mag. It depends what you want to do with it at 3 power. It has a nice thicker duplex on the edges, that at low power seem to create a nice center aiming point. You definitely aren’t going to hold hash marks or anything at that mag. I’ll play with it at low mag and squirrel hunt for a while later and report back.

It’s like any ffp scope. Unless it’s to thick at high mag, it will be real thin at low mag. It depends what you want to do with it at 3 power. It has a nice thicker duplex on the edges, that at low power seem to create a nice center aiming point. You definitely aren’t going to hold hash marks or anything at that mag. I’ll play with it at low mag and squirrel hunt for a while later and report back.

Perfect. I want him to be able to use it for hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels to shooting targets and whatever he wants until he really figures out what he likes the most.

What height rings are u using?

Perfect. I want him to be able to use it for hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels to shooting targets and whatever he wants until he really figures out what he likes the most.
    At 3x the reticle is a bit thin, 4x is fine for my 50 year old eyes.

Reactions: Henok and Frankr
    The USO TS-12X now selling for $339 from a US seller - but: you can pick up the same scope direct from the chinese factory for $179 (https://airgunopticsplus.com/produc...iflescope-with-side-focus-and-long-eye-relief), unless you must have the USO name silkscreened on it...

This scope is also sold as the Vector Veyron (several dealers in the US for about $200) and under the Discovery label (model VT3) for $122 from Alibaba (https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...526.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.264c548by4Tog7). The USO seems to have a different reticle - but it's the same scope...

Believe it or not, they all do have decent optics - especially for a scope at this price point.

Reactions: D_TROS
    The USO TS-12X now selling for $339 from a US seller - but: you can pick up the same scope direct from the chinese factory for $179 (https://airgunopticsplus.com/produc...iflescope-with-side-focus-and-long-eye-relief), unless you must have the USO name silkscreened on it...

This scope is also sold as the Vector Veyron (several dealers in the US for about $200) and under the Discovery label (model VT3) for $122 from Alibaba (https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...526.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.264c548by4Tog7). The USO seems to have a different reticle - but it's the same scope...

Believe it or not, they all do have decent optics - especially for a scope at this price point.

I have thought hard about this scope for some time. Waited too see what people have said that bought this scope. I was torn between this 3-12 or the 1-8 but for that price I am gonna bite the bullet and put it on my ar15 22lr upper. Now I will be pissed if they come out with a zero stop for this within a year or updates, would be my luck. Just like when I bought a PA gl4x 4-16 in October and in December they were half price. ??

Vector Veyron and the Discovery are both available in SFP or FFP. The USO is the same scope - right down to the imitation killflash that is included with all 3 scopes - identical. They all have slightly different cosmetics in the knurling on the zoom and turrets - but are otherwise identical. You could call the factory and order a batch with your name on it and your own knurling pattern, too!

Guess its no shocker Cheena knocked it off... not that it was USO's product to start with...

USO...USO!!!! US OPTICS!!! not CHEENA OPTICS!! fek me. Guess I cant get mad that everyone is selling their soul to China... still hurts tho...

Cool optic tho. Size weight and features.

Regards
    DT

Reactions: Bender and ken226
    Agreed - but the Vector Veyron has been available for a lot longer than the US Optics TS-12X. This is NOT a chinese knock off of a US optics scope. US Optics rebranded an existing chinese scope with some of their specs (reticle, knurling, etc) from a chinese factory that makes scopes for lots of brands. It's NOT a USO design - the basic model has been sold for a few years under chinese brand names (vector, discovery).

I had to take a deep breath on this one. There's no other optic I'm aware of on the market with these specs - schott glass, FFP, 9.7 inch length (!), and parallax down to 10m. At $339 (the europotic price right now) I'm willing to pay the $100 premium for th USO model. At least there is a us based company to call if something goes wrong, and the design aesthetics of the knurling on the USO branded one are much better looking imo. I won't even get into the sadness I feel that USO is selling these with their name on it. Times have changed.

Reactions: Henok and D_TROS
    Agreed - but the Vector Veyron has been available for a lot longer than the US Optics TS-12X. This is NOT a chinese knock off of a US optics scope. US Optics rebranded an existing chinese scope with some of their specs (reticle, knurling, etc) from a chinese factory that makes scopes for lots of brands. It's NOT a USO design - the basic model has been sold for a few years under chinese brand names (vector, discovery).

I had to take a deep breath on this one. There's no other optic I'm aware of on the market with these specs - schott glass, FFP, 9.7 inch length (!), and parallax down to 10m. At $339 (the europotic price right now) I'm willing to pay the $100 premium for th USO model. At least there is a us based company to call if something goes wrong, and the design aesthetics of the knurling on the USO branded one are much better looking imo. I won't even get into the sadness I feel that USO is selling these with their name on it. Times have changed.
    Up

I agree. I just bought the MHR version. I can think of alot of other things I've wasted $360 on. But this scope probably won't be one for what's it's going on..

The erector isn’t the same either. The uso version has 30 mils (32 on mine) of adjustment on the elevation and 24 (30 on mine). The vector has 17 on both. I may buy one just to compare.

Very interested in this as this develops. If the vector is the same scope then I might have to snag one for an air gun and a USO for my boys 22

just received my ts-12x MHR from eurooptic today. I'm planning on putting this on a CZ 457 22lr. This is the contents of the box. I've not ever owned a US optic before, I've become a Nightforce fan after discovering the finer things in life. only things I've done so far is unbox, looked at a metal plate at 35 yards and my dry fire object I look at @ 300 yards. at full power 12x, looking at my 35 yard plate, the center dot is perfect. I've become very fond of the floating dot in my NF optics so I wanted to stick with it. also, I was pleasantly surprised with the parallax. most optics I've messed with or owned, almost all of them never line up with the yardage shown on the knob. this might be the first optic that does actually line up. @ 35 yards, I found focus on the parallax, then looking at the knob, found it was just passed 25. then I proceeded to look at the 300 yard object, found focus, then looked at the knob and then again, lined up. the turrets are audible and tactile, but slightly mushy. I can't speak of optic quality just yet, UPS delivered late and I tore up the box as fast as I could, if I was a kid on Christmas. I was mainly focusing on turrets, reticle, box contents, and optic feel.
    conclusion, I think this is going to be a very promising optic for a 22 or 223.

I did order a Veyron 3-12x 42 ffp mil scope from vector optics. Free shipping and 8% off for new customer. $210 to my door. I’ll update when I can compare it with the uso version.

well I just got my Ts-12, thanks EuroOptics for the discount pricing lol. I looked through it before I mounted it in the rings and so far I have no issues. migh be awhile until I mount on my upper. will report back when I do.

well I just got my Ts-12, thanks EuroOptics for the discount pricing lol. I looked through it before I mounted it in the rings and so far I have no issues. migh be awhile until I mount on my upper. will report back when I do.
    How much was it?