• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

User Name...What it means?

Re: User Name...What it means?

Most of the big game hunting i do is with a M700 in 375 H&H and 270 gr. TSX's. I bought it new for $300 which i found out was because some one wrote the price on it wrong. I always tell everyone that i prefer tho have animals roll over before they get up and run off so I have a better chance at a second shot.

Back in the day, a couple of the thuggish homeys that I played football with started a rap, where they added "dog" to the first syllable of your last name. Lawrence became "LawDog", Gabriel became "Gabedog", etc. The 1st syllable of my last name is Gard, so GardDog it was. Ironically, my chosen vocation allows me to serve as a guardian of the public, so GardDog kinda fit. I added 223, which was my radio call sign at one time.

I had a polygraph business in CA for 10 years. We believed in being "Dedicated Seekers of Truth" no matter what side it was on. Sometimes that hurt friendships with the guys I used to work with in law enforcement but I've been TSeekers (short for TruthSeekers) shortened to Seekers ever since I've had a computer to get online with.

Growing up in the Philippines, I used to play ninja and samurai with my friends and siblings. Finally, during my time in the Marines, I got stationed in Oki. While I was there, I took some kendo training with the Ishikawa Police and learned about Musashi Miyamoto. I had read his book "Go Rin No Sho" or "The Book Of Five Rings" as well as his biography "Musashi" written by Eiji Yoshikawa. As my tribute, I used his name Musashi and the year of my birth.

Mine comes from some gibberish we used as a safety phrase growing up and my Norwegian heritage.

My other hobby.

July_4_wheelin_020.jpg

Erm mines a really long story with massive thought behind it.

Ill get my coat.....

Picked up the nickname BigDaddy in my early 20's becuase I was big into weightlifting and was the insane big guy who would party all night and leave an absolute flotsam of destroyed alcohol containers, property, and people in my wake. Wasn't my nickname of choice, but the name stuck. Added the DMD becuase I went to dental school after active duty and finally got my dcotorate. Now I just look back and shake my head. Ahh the foolishness of youth.

a butcher most of my adult life with an occasional cross over to drilling rigs on other sights I'm known as superduck the name was given to my by my tool pusher we had a blow out one day and i put on a rain suet got covered in shit and he says i looked like a drowned duck.

Rooterbegger nick-name for Cody my black lab that passed in 2008 - Best pointing lab I have ever seen or owned, he would Root out birds from the nastiest places you can imagine absolutely relentless. And loved hunting so much he would beg almost uncontrollably to get in the car the second he saw a long gun in my hands. Had to hide em outside anytime I was going out the door with a rifle or he wouldn't let me leave with out him.

Cheers!

Rooter

They call me Jolly Rancher cause you can suck me for a long time oh my lord! song by DL4

jollyrancher.jpg

Was my fathers name as well as my grandfathers. I have no idea how much further it goes back in our family history. I did ask my father when he was alive but he only told me a few generations prior to my grandfather.

Maxwell

Did 20 years as a reserve police officer. Was on the department pistol team that traveled all over the south. The guys on the team got to be pretty good buds. They used to give me grief because, being a reserve was like being a permenant rookie in terms of seniority.

They started calling me Perma Rook because of that, and it was eventually shortened to just Rookie.

Cheese:
From Wisconsin and it was handed to me by my Team leader back in the day.

Hankpac: My name, and my profession: Physician Assistant/Certified. Cert. means I passed the boards. Now that I am retired, maybe i should change it to pacr.
Hmmm. No, maybe not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damitboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought my user name was my name when I was a kid. damitboy, get your ass in this house. "damitoy this and damitboy that....... </div></div>

This is a good one. I understand where your coming from.

I have been doing sheetmetal work since I was a kid. My father did it for about 50 years and now I am tortured with the ability.
grin.gif
So I thought since I work with metal and my name is Ben then "Tin Ben Dur" would suit me just fine.

On other sites I go by Mudder, since I tend to get to work/play in the mud frequently.

Sled Dog comes from work as well. I'm a field tech and part of the evaluation has to do with production. The best guys always get laden with more and more, akin to a sled driver mushing his top dogs. Mush, work harder!!! Good enough is never enough.

On this site it is the name of the company I work for now, plus the street address number.

I use 0848USMC elsewhere, former MOS and service.

Recently changed from "codaracing" That was a sponser name that supplied me with brakes and levers when i raced Mtn. bikes. Now, It's simply my last name and badge number...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><= Likes beer..Or killing critters. Both of which I can do pretty good.</div></div>

I assumed it had to do with sleeping cows and an old frat hobby

Mine came from the Snipers Hide Cup 2005, my first competition; but I had first round hits on all the UKD's. One said target was painted tiger-striped and at a side angle, had only 5 first round hits. Once upon a time had all the "common" (competition) target sizes x 27.77 divided by "common" mils memorized in my head; LRFs, mildot masters & calculators were back-ups.

Mine is from my Truck and at the time the latest gun i bought. I drive a Ford SVT Lightning and had just bought a Remmy SPS Tactical when they came out the first time. Used that on one forum and use it everywhere now.

Trigger Time. Can't get enough of that these stressed out days. 56 was the year of manufacture of my first rifle that I bought a couple of years back. A 270 Featherweight that was about 98%. The guy wanted $300.00 and thought he was ripping me off! It was three times what he had paid for it new.

Mine is kinda lame. There's a video-game from about 3 years ago, and in it when you had to climb something, instead of saying climb it would use the word Clamber. I liked how the word sounded so now I use it for screen-names on a lot of sites where I don't use my real name

Short, and less disgusting answer. My name means healer, and a Shaman is a healer.

Long answer. My freshman year in college, I had a Pilonidal cyst, and when my "friends" learned that I had surgery and it was lanced, leaving a hole, they started with holey man, and being a Christian college, it changed to holy man, and then Shaman.

this was an oldie that was fun, and alot of new users so maybe needed a re-visit

Fou Mike---Because I talk real nice, never cuss or say bad things to others,
Are you following that Asshole? or do you need more smoke blown up your ass?

it's my first name!

1 designates County. J stands for Jail. 04 stands for 4th senior Correction Officer.

YoungGun because i'm only 22, i'm a youngen 7.62 because i always seem to find my way back to a .30cal of some sort..of the 4 centerfire rifles i've had 3 were .30's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DFOOSKING---- I was a semi-pro Foosball player....good times. </div></div>
You wouldn't happen to have lived in rapid for awhile would you? I used to ride with a guy when i moved back to Sodak that was big into foosball

Mine originated in Army Basic Training. I was always scoring 300's (a perfect score) on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) in Basic Training. Out of 200+ soldiers in my Basic, no one could come close to my overall extended scores. So, a few guys started to call me Mister 300. And it kind of stuck...

Born there. Krotzenburger Strasse 60, Hanau. Named after one of few who returned from Stalingrad. He's 91.

I'm a lineman for an electric utility.My customers call me Lightman