• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors User-serviceable 5.56mm can?

kfgk14

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2010
I'm looking at getting a suppressor for my AR-15. I want something I can break down and clean myself, or are there suppressors available that don't need to be broken down and cleaned? Or can be cleaned without being taken apart?

Fill me in on 5.56 suppressors.

One other criteria: I'd like to do this for under $1200 with the tax stamp, if possible.

Thanks

Re: User-serviceable 5.56mm can?

No need for a 223 can that can be taken apart. Just get a sealed can and shoot. The only can's that need to be taken apart for cleaning are 22 cans. That's because of lead build up. The carbon that builds up in the can won't hurt anything.

Sorry to say but mufflers don't require cleaning, and in most cases are quieter when dirty, the only FA rated 5.56 can that is serviceable that I know of is coming from Shark Suppressors, but it will probably break your budget.

There are lots of options out there for that price point. If you can go to a dealer that will let you demo the cans before you buy. I'm in the market for a 5.56 can and I've narrowed my choices down to the Ops Inc 16th model and the AAC M4-2000.

You dont need a serviceable can for centerfire cartridges.

I'm in market for a 556 can and think i found the Mark its the new can from C3 defense. It's $350 and dam near in every aspect to the M4-1000

I don't shoot full auto and its been tested to run very well on a 10" barrel without issue

Speak to a dealer you trust and you won't go wrong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dirty cans are quiet cans, all Ill say... (even rimfire) </div></div>

Rimfire cans get louder as they fill up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danneskjold</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dirty cans are quiet cans, all Ill say... (even rimfire) </div></div>

Rimfire cans get louder as they fill up. </div></div>

He didn't say "fill up"...just "dirty".

A dirty rim fire can will be more pleasant sounding than a bran new one. Once it begins to cake up hard, that will change.

Liberty Constitution is a 22LR -5.56 rated can that can be taken apart and cleaned.

It's heavy but serviceable. I haven't shot mine yet - only fondled it while doing the paperwork.

Good to Go Tactical is making a stainless steel can that can be fully diassembled for only $500. .30 cal or 5.56- same price.

They are getting website work done but here is their number 812-951-2547

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhunter_0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://coastalgun.com/products/xds/

prices are good as well as products. </div></div>

Negative. For the $1000 he has to spend on the suppressor, wanting to hang it off the front end of an AR15, and likely not wanting a K baffle design that anyone with an internet connection can build, do NOT buy Coastal. They're cheap yes, but you get what you pay for, and they're crap. Heavy and outdated. AAC, Shark, Jet, Gemtec, YHM, and plenty of others who have solid designs. Buy once, cry once, get addicted, and buy more.

Well, I love the Trek-T, check it out.
You cannot take it apart but google a few words, Inconnel and Titaniam, OK at least check out inconel,
Not a great speller.

I would take a look at the AAC M4/2000 as it is very versatile, light and small. I use it on on my 223 bolt and AR's and change it around to the other rifles by the 51T Blackout; quick, easy and works great. The AAC has a great reputation and pretty good customer service.

I've got one of these waiting for the Form 4 to clear. Give me about 3 months (I hope) and I'll let you know how I like it. Priced reasonably, I wanted a screw on, and I want to be able to take it apart for cleaning in case I decide to use it with the .22lr upper. Tested fairly well by John Titsworth (previous company owner but same design I believe).

http://www.htgsilencers.com/Products/Suppressors/Rifle_Suppressors/?ProductID=364

I might want to use this on my Ruger 10/22 in the future, and I can't afford another can on top of this one.
Are my only breakdown options in my price range the HTG and the Liberty Constitution? And out of these two, which do I buy?

Thanks

I've heard several Liberty cans and have met David a couple of times, he makes good stuff. Nice guy who supports the sport, too. I don't have any experience with the HTG, but wouldn't have any reservations about ordering a Liberty.

Check out Mike Klos' Triple x line of suppressors. They are sealed units but are quite economical. I am not sure whether he still makes them. I have several for my personal use in .223 and 9mm. They last for years and are well built. I have never cleaned one even after full auto use.

Marty Seidler
San Antonio Arms Company
www.guntrustlawyer.net

i have an HTG ARIS and i love it . i will be more than happy to answer any question about it .