• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC training in civilan areas

rwleonard

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2004
Virginia
hey guys, we got a flyer in our office saying that a USMC unit would be landing helicopters and conducting training in our area. We have detetermined that it's B.S.. I was wondering if any of you had heard about similar flyers, i.e., if it's something that's "going around."

Thanks,

Rick

Re: USMC training in civilan areas

My wife says, "Every truth and every lie is on the Internet. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to discern the difference."

call your nearest base (quantico?) or a nearby unit's PAO. They will straighten it out or get a hold of someone who can.

They do it all the time.

I took live shots in Jacksonville, FL , Wilmington NC and Mount Airy NC during the exercises

So yes they do them quite often!!

Thanks for the replies. Finally got hold of the right person to verify that it's legit.

Thanks again,

Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They do it all the time.

I took live shots in Jacksonville, FL , Wilmington NC and Mount Airy NC during the exercises

So yes they do them quite often!! </div></div>

we have humped from the area we normally train all the way to Wilmington nc, full gear, with rifle and back, people look at you funy when you bound across major highways in a Ghillies with a rifle.. but then people remeber where they are and continue with their day.

It's called "True" and they do indeed do it...

When I was in our Platoon SGT did the "TRUE MANHATTAN" calling in birds in the middle of the night to PS123 school yard, among other things which would certainly turn a head or two.

There was a time, a few years ago, when LeJune had training Areas named LZ Albatros and the like that butted up against a certain body of water. There was also a certain Loo-tenant (prior Staff Sergent) that had an affinity for sunflower seeds, and RC Cola at about 2100 every time he was there. After a leisurely swim it is rumored that several men wearing fatigues, packs, rifles and painted faces made a tactical entry into a "Scrats", secured the desired items and exfilled w/o incident on multiple occasions.

I've also heard that Domino's will make deliveries to stop signs at readily identifiable intersections.

Just Sayin'
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Back In the day, pizza delivery guys would also stop for a strategically placed chem lights in the middle of the road down in the training areas. Before Cellphones you had to make your way to the landline near Court House Bay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back In the day, pizza delivery guys would also stop for a strategically placed chem lights in the middle of the road down in the training areas. Before Cellphones you had to make your way to the landline near Court House Bay </div></div>

Red, Green, Red

Blue

Red, Green, Red

grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back In the day, pizza delivery guys would also stop for a strategically placed chem lights in the middle of the road down in the training areas. Before Cellphones you had to make your way to the landline near Court House Bay </div></div>

At Stone Bay we used to call in a grid to Dominos. Most of their drivers were Marines. Then a Chem once they passed. Made digging a Hide, much easier.

They did that here last summer. A bunch of people got mad because the helicopters flew so close to their houses it blew shingles off, a shed collapsed, and a swingset fell over. Apparently some white trash <span style="font-style: italic">aren't</span> as stupid as they seem to be. I thought it was interesting to see, myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JARH3AD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They do it all the time.

So yes they do them quite often!! </div></div>

we have humped from the area we normally train all the way to Wilmington nc, full gear, with rifle and back, people look at you funy when you bound across major highways in a Ghillies with a rifle.. but then people remeber where they are and continue with their day. </div></div>

How long did above movement take you? Because from Stones Bay main gate to the exit on 17 South that is the "closest" Wilmington exit is about a 65-70 mile round trip. Who are you with also?

When you are on a MEU part of the maritime special purpose force work up will usually include a mission that is not on a militay installation.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man.

Like was said, done more often then you think. I remember being part of one just outside of Los Angeles back in the 80's.