• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes USO - EREK or #3 M40???

Bob Friend

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2012
Ok, I know this is a common question. I've read thru some past threads. Let's do it one more time!

I am thinking of a USO 1.8-10x37 ERGO for my SR-25 pattern .308.

My considerations:

1. Cool factor
2. Useability
3. Re-sale value (my tastes change often!)
4. Ease of swapping onto another rifle (my AR-15 for example) and re-zero.
5. Cost (vs benefit)

I would love if you took a second to give me your view and help me decide. I've almost narrowed it down to this scope.

Thanks in advance.

Re: USO - EREK or #3 M40???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EREK! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: throwback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even a question, half the reason to go USO is EREK!</div></div>

And the other half is my price
wink.gif

I would rethink my list. What is your use for the weapon/optic? Where, how, how far, what weapon system etc.... USO's rock, the EREK rocks. Cool factor not a consideration unless you are going to take it to the Mall. If you have a professional application, cost is of little significance.

I personally didn't care for the EREK. You can get just as much elevation per rev with the #3 and it's "easier"/more user friendly(traditional) to set up. My next ST-10 will have #3 M40 knobs but I'm the minority by the looks of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Recon5x5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My considerations:

1. Cool factor
</div></div>

Since your #1 selection concern is as such ... EREK all the way ...

If I had a proffessional app, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

I want "compact" and the best eye popping image I can get for 2k or less, and I want 8-10x mag for the range. I don't want regrets.

I have about 25 firearms...most are collectible and I shoot them all, but not frequently. Actually, "coolness" is everything. Otherwise, why buy a 120 year old S+W Model 3 that shoots an underpowered 44 or, for that matter, a $2400 FA 308 w/Geissele trigger group when there are no zombies where I live?

So, I want to really like my scope AND I also want others to like it.

I really appreciate that anyone even bothers to respond to my post. Thank you all!

Thus, if EREk is cool AND functional AND desireable, and $135 extra, then it is probably worth it, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: throwback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even a question, half the reason to go USO is EREK!</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Not to mention your customer service is second to none! Julio worked with me on a uso issue over the phone and I didnt buy the scope from him. He is solid!
Oh and I have the EREK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: throwback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even a question, half the reason to go USO is EREK!</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

+1 for Julio and EREK