• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS Rant

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    This probably has nothing to do with the latest issue or non issue of the USPS, but this is rediculous.

I had a package sent from Altoona PA to Northern Maryland. It's route is as follows. Altoona PA travelling WEST to Pittsburg PA, from there it made it to Baltimore MD(which is 25 miles from my home). From there they sent it to Hyattsville MD, which is a suburb of Washington DC. Now it's stuck there over the weekend.

I wonder where it will go on Monday? Easily could have been here in 2 days. Now, It's at least over the weekend and possibly more.

This probably has nothing to do with the latest issue or non issue of the USPS, but this is rediculous.

I had a package sent from Altoona PA to Northern Maryland. It's route is as follows. Altoona PA travelling WEST to Pittsburg PA, from there it made it to Baltimore MD(which is 25 miles from my home). From there they sent it to Hyattsville MD, which is a suburb of Washington DC. Now it's stuck there over the weekend.

I wonder where it will go on Monday? Easily could have been here in 2 days. Now, It's at least over the weekend and possibly more.
    Drop everything you're doing, apply to become a delivery person for USPS and improve the situation. Otherwise, stop bitching and go shooting...

So it went through a couple major hubs/distribution centers. Its following the most efficient path for USPS not necessarily for your letter. If you want 2 day shipping, then pony up and pay for 2 day shipping.

So it went through a couple major hubs/distribution centers. Its following the most efficient path for USPS not necessarily for your letter. If you want 2 day shipping, then pony up and pay for 2 day shipping.

It was shipped priority mail. Going from Baltimore to Washington DC is not in the most efficient path for USPS. How can it leave a major hub which is the distribution path for my area, to go Washington DC, only to be sent back to Baltimore to be sent to my local post office? This isn't my first rodeo. It should never have been sent to Washington DC.

Reactions: nn8734
    Similar situation here...Something is definitely up with the USPS, covid and riots, being the major factors...I had to wait 9 days for a package sent Priority from Phoenix to be delivered to me in Vegas.

Went to Denver first for some reason, then seemingly travelled outside the known universe for 4 days (tracking said “In transit-delayed” four days straight)....Then suddenly showed up at my door on the 17th.

Normal transit time is 2 days. This happened between the 8th and 17th of Aug. Had 11 other packages delivered during that same time frame, all with normal delivery times. Odd, nerve wracking for both myself and the seller but fortunately everything worked out in the end.

Reactions: mobenzowner
    USPS has terrible delivery routes in VA along with a history of not meeting delivery times. I had one package from NOVA go to DC to Richmond which is understandable then to Seattle WA then back across the country. 8 days total time for a 2 hour drive on a priority 2 day package. I believe things will get exponentially worse the closer we get to November...

• Haha
    Reactions: deersniper
    About everything USPS is being delayed except for Express mail.

They can't actually hire anyone new because it's crazy expensive for them to hire anyone, so all they are doing is making the people they have work tons of overtime which pisses them off.

We regularly have even Priority Mail packages sit at the post office for 2 to 3 days before they show their first acceptance and handling stamp.

Reactions: Sandhog308
    I’m waiting on one now that was priority mail.
    Should have been delivered 2 days ago. It’s sitting at the main distribution 20 miles from my house. It traveled 3 states in 2 days To get where it’s at and has sat for the last 3.
    If online is the way of the future, shipping companies are trying to kill it

It was shipped priority mail. Going from Baltimore to Washington DC is not in the most efficient path for USPS. How can it leave a major hub which is the distribution path for my area, to go Washington DC, only to be sent back to Baltimore to be sent to my local post office? This isn't my first rodeo. It should never have been sent to Washington DC.
    They took 6 weeks to deliver a barrel.🤬🤬🤬

I could write a book on the crazy routes some of my packages take in the usps system.
    Had one package begin it journey in Illinois and go from there to Vermont. I live in S.C.
    Had another one spend 10 days going from one sort facility to another in Ohio before it got its bearing and came south.
    3-4 months ago I bought some scope rings from a guy in Va, paid for priority shipping 3 days. Made it to Columbia S.C. (60 miles north of me)in two IIRC, was expecting delivery next day but when I checked tracking # that a.m. it showed it in Atlanta Ga, 150 miles away. From there it back tracked all the way back up to Va and started the journey all over.
    Last episode with usps was a month ago when I bought a Nightforce rail from a dealer in Tx, package made it to Augusta Ga, 60 miles west of me, first day. There it dissapeared off radar for 3 weeks. Just got it Monday gone.
    With proficiency like that no wonder they go in the hole every year.

USPS delivered my wife's new Cuisinart food processor chopper blade today. Holy fuck, it's as sharp as a brand new Spyderco!

This is how it came out of the mailbox, complete with a dry blood fingerprint on the blade!

The wife soaked it in bleach, washed it, then made some salsa!

Somewhere, someone with the USPS has a new band-aid stuck on.

Last edited:
    Several years ago, USPS lost 2 of our Green Cards which cost us $800 to replace🤬.

I ordered rings from ARC on July 25th. They shipped July 27th via USPS. They went missing 5 days later (in transit). 1 month later, USPS delivers the box in a bag. The box looked like it went through a tour of all BLM riots. I didn't even open the box, but from what I could tell from looking through the hole in the box that the rings were crushed/broken.

Shout out to ARC for refunding my card before these even turned up.

unnamed.jpg

About 6 weeks ago, I had a package shipped that started with UPS, but final delivery would be USPS, can't remember what they call that. Anyway, it was about $400 worth of shit and the box was about 3 times the length of the mailbox. That didn't stop the carrier from letting it hang out, nearly into the road with logos on the box indicating what was in it as opposed to taking 10 seconds to drop it at my door! Luckily I happened to be home and grabbed it before it was stolen or hit by some moron while texting and driving :mad:

I have a golf club I am expecting that has not moved from DE in 10 days. I was wanting it for when I play in the Sanderson Farms PGA pro-am on the 27th. Hopefully I'll have it by then, but no guarantees for sure.

Like has been already posted. Sign up for informed delivery. Every morning I get a scan of what to expect in my mailbox today. Got a problem with a package you can put a red light on it. Shit is moving all over the place because of the pandemic, bullshit election shit, overloaded distribution because everybody is fucking ordering shit online and the system can't handle it. Some days I don't get mail until 11 PM. So, yeah order bullshit you don't really need right now knowing things are fucked and then act surprised and pissed off. Fucking spoiled brats. Try the Great Depression or the BS Americans lived under during WWII. Fucking whining ass pussies.

Reactions: Caihlen
    I moved and had a mail forward in place for USPS.

USPS delivered a box to my old address (The shipper was an idiot and had my new address, forgot to use it)
    The person that bought my old house was a long term neighbor that I knew well
    She called the local PO and asked them what to do on my behalf
    They said to mark forward on it and write the new address
    She did that, and she physically watched the postman pick the box up off the porch the following day

The box had not arrived in 2 weeks

I called the PO trying to figure out what happened.
    wasted an hour on the phone
    they did an 'investigation' into my missing package

I got a call about a month later saying their investigation concluded that my package was stolen off the porch of my old address and was never picked up by a postman like we claimed.

No lie, the lady that bought my old house is 70 years old and retired, she was sitting on the bench I left in my old front yard when the postman picked up the box, she talked to him, reminding him I moved and that was a forward package etc etc

How they concluded this box was stolen was beyond me, but that is what I got

about another month later, the box showed up at my new address LOL talk about a bunch of clueless ass motherfuckers

Had a package sit in a local Buffalo facility for 4 straight days before it made it on a local truck for delivery.

Here's another one. Bought a gun related item from Tennessee, I checked tracking today, it's going to be late in arriving. Why, because it's sitting in El Paso Texas. How a package can go from Tennessee in route to Northern Maryland via El Paso Texas is beyond me.

I had a package from Brownells stay on the status of "in transit, arriving late" for 2 weeks. Then it sat at the sort facility in Baltimore for 1.5 weeks. No updates or scans, just sat somewhere. Then it sat at my local post office for 3 days before being delivered. If I wasn't on the road for work at the time I would have just stopped and tried to pick it up.

Currently waiting on some swag from Modern Day Sniper but that too is "In Transit, Arriving Late". It is a mess.

I'm about done with using them for shipping but sometimes it is the only option that some of these smaller companies have to choose from or sorry ass Fed Ex uses USPS to finish the route, that's another one that pisses me off.

Here's another one. Bought a gun related item from Tennessee, I checked tracking today, it's going to be late in arriving. Why, because it's sitting in El Paso Texas. How a package can go from Tennessee in route to Northern Maryland via El Paso Texas is beyond me.
    I recently had a package go from Florida to Michigan before making it to Northern Maryland.

Reactions: BullGear
    Did you call their customer care line ? I did and they gave the new normal excuse, 'Covid19' but last year December i had two mails that got misplaced and never to be found till this very moment. USPS must be run by drunk people.

yeah i talked to them and they blamed usps. saying it showed shipped and scanned into the system. nothing they could do about it. granted they were polite and apologetic about it but it wasn't on them. and to be honest, can't fault them for the USPS.

I ordered some gear just before thanksgiving. For a week USPS said “label created, awaiting item”. Finally sent an email to the shop saying “hey, box allegedly hasn’t been given to the post office.” They said they would look into it and two days later I get a new confirmation number that left Tennessee and hasn’t been seen for three days. Funny thing, the original box somehow never got scanned in at the Tennessee facility but it arrived and departed San Bernardino on the 6th and hasn’t been scanned since.

And yet we should trust these guys with ballots...

Same experience here. Some USPS employee is enjoying his or her new Fitbit Charge 4. Ordered on November 24 for my wife’s birthday December 5th. That employee resides near Indianapolis. Merry Christmas you thievin’ POS.

Reactions: GreenMan345
    My buddy shipped the antlers from the deer I bagged this year, two day Priority Mail...on the 30th of November...still don't have them (nor does the tracking number reveal anything other than they left the post office they were shipped from).

I'm guessing they're either destroyed, or somebody got themselves some horns for Christmas. It's not a huge deal (the horns) as they only have sentimental value of the friends I hunted with, and have no other real value to me. It's more the principle that my buddy forked out over $50 to have them here in two days, and the USPS lost them. Smdh...and they wonder why they're losing money.

I have a package shipped from Montana on Nov 13. Arrived in the main distribution hub for this area Nov 29. Left for it's next destination, which would be my local PO Dec 5. Still "in transit"....for a 15 mile drive???
    I won't buy anything if USPS is the only method. By contrast, my wife purchased something from Belgium...was here in 2 days.

Things went downhill for the USPS fast once they made a deal with the Devil (Amazon) and pretty much right after that, service and transit times went downhill fast.

Reactions: Holliday
    I currently have a package coming from Arizona coming to my end in Colorado. here's there current status of the mail:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

In-Transit
    December 8, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late

Its been 8 days waiting for a supposed 2 days delivery.
    yup, i have the exact same status on my package as well, for a package going from VA to NH....normally a 3-4 day ship......been nearly 2 weeks with no updates since the 5th.

and USPS wonders why they are constantly in the red.

why the american people trusted this fucking agency to handle voting is beyond me.

I think USPS employed a bunch of ex cons and it has reflected on their service and package condition(that's if it ever gets delivered). I have heard of cases where packages are being checked/open to see if it contained valuables. I know someday they will get theirs.

I just wish all vendors and stores would give you the option of choosing your carrier. Some do for sure but it’s not common. I’d gladly kick up the shipping cost for FedEx or UPS over the post office.

I have a package shipped from Montana on Nov 13. Arrived in the main distribution hub for this area Nov 29. Left for it's next destination, which would be my local PO Dec 5. Still "in transit"....for a 15 mile drive???
    I won't buy anything if USPS is the only method. By contrast, my wife purchased something from Belgium...was here in 2 days.
    FINALLY showed up today....LOL

I just wish all vendors and stores would give you the option of choosing your carrier. Some do for sure but it’s not common. I’d gladly kick up the shipping cost for FedEx or UPS over the post office.

Oddly enough, I've had better luck with USPS than UPS, Fedex or (God forbid) DHL over the past year.

I currently have a package coming from Arizona coming to my end in Colorado. here's there current status of the mail:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

In-Transit
    December 8, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late

Its been 8 days waiting for a supposed 2 days delivery.

Better hope the package had insurance. I'd bet that package is sitting under someone's Christmas tree right now.

It is so simple, I have no idea why some vendors keep using USPS to ship all their orders.

As soon as we at Borka Tools detected an issue with deliveries by USPS, we immediately switched to UPS. So far, it works just fine. Some packages (less than 2%) are still being shipped by USPS (to Hi, AK, PR), but all other orders are being shipped by UPS Ground.

USPS will actually deliver, but it is completely out of our control when this may happen.

Last edited:
    I ship around the globe daily. If it were not for USPS I would have been driven out of business by now. This is especially true this covid season of the witch. They have gone above an beyond for me and my small e-commerce this year. I have been able to give my customers free shipping in the US to help folks out during this pandemic. 100% of our packages ship USPS.

Fedex has been a distant #2 on incoming shipments.

As far as I am concern UPS is EVIL incarnate. (Drivers are awesome)They lost a scope this year that did finally materialize after a while. Just recently I had a $400+ package get pilfered (tracking below). It took 9 days for them to figure out it had been pilfered. When it comes to incoming supplies we try to get any other service than UPS.

UPS cannot find enough excuses to delay packages or screw me and my customers over. Snow-delayed, rain- delayed, wind-delayed, Holiday season (Holiday happen every fucking year!) -delayed, mouse farts- delayed. “When any excuse will do, UPS is for you!”

It has gotten so bad that I have avoided shopping online where ups is the only option. I just don’t need their bullshit.

E4E847C1-DF2C-4576-8A66-67D609D8DAB4.jpeg

I know a lot of you guys have consistently had bad service from USPS, but I have always received pretty good service. Like 2, maybe 3 days from Ohio to Washington state or back, using flat rate boxes.
    But then there was a disturbance in the force last week. Shipped 2 boxes of brass to Montana, one received but the went walk-about. Then had 2 boxes shipped back and received one, beat to hell, the other went to join his walk-about buddy. Then before realizing both shipments got screwed up, I shipped a BCG to New York.
    In this time, the second box of brass showed up in Montana, but based on the condition of the first box I received, I figured the second was spilled across a trailer floor. Decided to track said BCG, tracking says forwarded. Recipient says there is no forwarding order for his mail. Decide to visit the postmaster yesterday. He looks into it and tells me that BCG was misdelivered, would be forwarded to recipient. I didn't even bother with the second box of brass.
    Amazingly today, the second box of brass finally arrived, having been shipped Nov 20th, and the BCG made it to its destination.
    For any of you having a problem with a package, try a visit to the postmaster. I suppose it could have been coincidence, but for both packages to arrive the day after I talked to mine seams convenient.

Ask @TangoSierra916 about his fiasco with a scope I sold him and the USPS. I was freaking out that it was stolen but it finally showed up after almost two weeks.

I’m currently waiting on a package from gray ops that’s been in Denver for 6 fucking days. 6. Days. I live an hour north of that. I could have walked to the main hub, pilfered through the packages to find mine for a few hours, and walked home in the same day.

My kestrel I just bought from a fellow hide member just came through Denver and was delayed there for several days (same time as my gray ops package) but yet I still don’t have my gray ops package.

1B1AE4EF-DB2A-4F1B-B4A0-B28E2AB64E6C.png
    BB730F76-ED8E-424B-92D1-052906525755.png

@Krob95 haha yeah that was a doozy but before that one I have had pretty good fortunes with ole USPS, that scope you sent went to Maine, then New Jersey then finally to Wisconsin after a while, crazy. They currently have two items I sold lost for over 3 weeks so it continues to go down hill. I use only UPS now.

On the few packages they have lost currently, I will say I've had two postmasters call and that was good customer service, but both said the main hubs are extremely overwhelmed and causing huge delays.

I agree, but no amount of "extremely overwhelmed" can account for a package going from TN to TX and sits there for 4 days, when it's destination is MD. Talk about a boomerang method of delivery. I have no idea when it's ever going to leave TX, there have been no updates since it's arrival.

San Antonio distribution center seems to be a black hole. I have sent two packages, one of which was a seller return issued by the seller. Both got lost at San Antonio, TX. I talked to an actual person at the Customer Service phone number, and she initiated a post-master inquiry, and a special inquiry into San Antonio, within a month. It seems to me, after Trump announced certain changes, regarding the capability of the USPS to handle voting, the distribution centers went into a "slow-down" and perhaps even a "fuck up the mails" attitude. It isn't accidental.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    But my package is out in the desert. Why would it go to El Paso TX? TN to El Paso, in route to MD. Makes no sense.

I sold a Russian PU scope to a guy in Wisconsin in late October. Payment was to be in the form of a certified check via usps sent on the 29th with tracking info. Neither one of us has seen that check since....still shows as in transit last I checked.

I sold a Russian PU scope to a guy in Wisconsin in late October. Payment was to be in the form of a certified check via usps sent on the 29th with tracking info. Neither one of us has seen that check since....still shows as in transit last I checked.

WOW

Yea.. I have several inbound items that just say they'll be late. Hopefully not lost, but we'll see.

I had an order for coated 147gr 9mm bullets that went from the local PO of the manufacturer to Memphis and then sat there for 5 or 6 weeks with no movement at all.