• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

USPS Sucks

Ferryman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2009
UK
USPS sucks I ordered the Atlas V8 from Kasey and he shipped it out on June 17th at 2.33PM.

Paid for International Priority with 4 to 10 business day delivery.

From then on it appears to have vanished into a black hole.

Kasey sent me the Tracking # but all that shows is the package being received and no update since June 17th.

Tried contacting USPS to try and get a trace on it but all I could get was the automated service.

Had a friend in the US try calling but again no luck in speaking to a customer service agent just the automated system.

As I wanted to shoot I went out and purchased the AI bipod yesterday.

Now I bet the Atlas V8 will show up.

Re: USPS Sucks

For starters, sorry your package is taking longer than you expected. That's never fun when you really want something quickly. It always seems like it takes forever even if you overnight it.

Secondly, it's not 'tracking' it's delivery confirmation. Nowhere does USPS claim to offer detailed tracking. I've used the main carriers over the years for all of my shipping needs (thousands of dollars per week at various times over the years) including international and USPS is far and away the least expensive & most reliable out of the bunch. It's not even close in those two categories IMO either.

Be patient... I'm sure it will show up when you least expect it.

I work with the USPS in my line of work, when you get the auto system, just keep hitting zero, you will get a person. Who knows, the might have the iq of a apple.

I had a similar experience a couple months back.
I sold a bass guitar on Ebay and shipped it USPS Priority from Connecticut to Hawaii.
The woman at the post Office said it would be there in 3 days, so that's what I told the buyer. It ended up taking 12 buisness days! I had the same problem with the "tracking" info not being updated. All it said was that it was recieved on such and such date by the PO. Finally I just went to the Post Office to see what I could find out.
They told me that 3 days was an "estimate" and was not guaranteed, and that the "tracking number" was not really a trk.# but a "delivery confirmation number" and is only supposed to let you know once the item has been delivered.
Sometimes you get lucky and they update the info frequently,
but if they don't, you're SOL.
Another time i bought an Eagle Stock Pack from a guy in the UK and I had it in 4 days so go figure?
I've also had 2 packages that were lost completely and never showed up, so I had the pleasure of filing insurance claims, which is not as straight-forward as one would hope and takes damn near forever.
Hopefully yours is just taking the "scenic route" and shows up soon. Then again, if it was insured and you already have another bipod, maybe the best thing would be for it to stay lost, and have the seller reimburse you and USPS reimburse the seller.

USPS is usually the cheapest way to ship a lot of items, but you're right: they do suck.

Side note: for some reason, my bills always arrive on time.LOL

I have to say, that we received a package from a popular vendor here,day before yesterday. It was shipped in the US on 6-12, and delivered here in Canada on 7-13.

It took 1 day short of a month (or depending on how you look at it) and it was shipped USPS.

So, on that note alone, I'd suggest that you be patient. Due to cutbacks, all USPS cargo is transported through their main central hub in Tibet, via pack-mule. It's winter there right now, and those mountain passes are treacherous.

If you think that's bad, you should see the price for the snorkels, for those mules to actually cross the Pacific, to get to the hub, before they start their journey to England.

Like British Rail, they may not be on time, but they'll get you there.

Eventually.

I haven't had any problems with USPS but then again its only domestic I deal with. They have great prices as well when it comes to flat rate boxes. Good luck on you recieving your package, when you get your atlas it will be worth the wait.

Jer

Update from Kasey in this morning

Package has cleared O.Hare

Sorry Jer but 3 -10 business day is what USPS said and that is what I paid for.

If I logon to USPS Tracking and enter package detail I get the day it was posted.

Your item was accepted at 2:33 PM on June 17, 2010 in WICHITA, KS 67276. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What happens to the update?

So if it it not a tracking number why ask you to enter your parcel # on a Track & Confirm page?.

This is now way a slight at Kasey and B.T products they could not have done more.

i mailed some stuff to canada. there is no delivery confirmation or signature service that you can get with usps delivering to another country. ups has the best claim service i have experienced. i live on a busy street with plenty of kids and other foot traffic. i havent lost a package in a while, but when i have, i get it replaced quickly with ups

remember when you send usps, your good as long as its usps delivering the package here in the US. but when it leaves the country, you are depending on another mail service. at least with UPS and FEDEX its the same company on both ends

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ferryman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ISo if it it not a tracking number why ask you to enter your parcel # on a Track & Confirm page?</div></div>

35cefci.jpg

Says right on it exactly what it is. Aggravating? Absolutely. Misleading? Nope.

The site saying that it will update periodically means, very simply, that if someone paid to have the USPS deliver an item & the USPS took possession and payment for shipment of said item, then it will show that they have received it on their site. It will then update the system periodically until it changes to "received on..." to "delivered on..." or "accepted on...". Never expect much else - it's a Government run entity.

Actual tracking for shipments applies to DHL, UPS and FedEx - not the USPS.

The USPS shows simply when it was sent (<span style="font-style: italic">track</span>) & when it arrived (<span style="font-style: italic">confirm</span>).

The USPS is great for FFL's to ship pistols on the cheap (*<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">un-licensed individuals cannot ship pistols/lowers via USPS</span></span>), Money Orders (<span style="font-style: italic">though for some reason they never have the funds to cash them</span>), Certified Mail for sending the USPS MO's and Flat Rate boxes if you can load them shits up heavy.

Oh, and the Forever Stamp. Those are badass.
wink.gif

seen stuff get lost and take up to 2-3 months going intl. crazy.

They are no worse than UPS. I shipped out 5 computers, from the main office, to a satellite office and only 4 showed up.

I've shipped out numerous things to Canada, via USPS, and never had a single bit of trouble.

Shit happens.

+1 they suck except for letters.

I'm currently waiting on a barrel shipped from Wy to Ky on July 6th. It was a private sale and I had no idea the guy was going to send it USPS "parcel post" or I would have just sent him a UPS label for it. Or maybe sent a dinosaur to pick it up.

I'm starting to wonder if its gotten lost or what, maybe it will still show up.

Parcel Post usually means you can walk there faster. I had a package take over a week to travel 400 miles.

International packages are often held up in customs at the receiving country regardless of shipping company. A company I used to work for always had customers in the EU call up wanting us to mark the packing slips that the product is a warranty replacement just so that they wouldn't have to pay the VAT and also expedite it through customs. Normally they would take up to a month, plus you have to bribe people along the way to get it to clear quicker.

USPS is great when something overseas get sent to the US. We almost never get anything held up in customs or require to pay the import taxes.

It's a customs thing English. USPS says x days but it takes up to ten to clear interntational sometimes.
I had a pair of boxes sent from outside Dublin Town that got to me minus half the contents though upon arrival to my house. Customs bastards probably had a pair of nice nights at teh expense of a nice guy over there, adn I missed some great 'Mother's Milk' from Eire

Had a stock returned to numrich gun parts. I think they are in New York. Took two weeks. I think there is something about that post office where Kasey is at
smile.gif
. Shipped my Atlas back for a update to V-8. I think it was lost for a week or more. It should have took two days at the most. But thank God for Kasey. I am sure I was a pain in the ass. But he kept me up to date and let me know the moment it finally arrived there. Kasey is top notch. PM him if he has a tracking number on it. You have to go to the post office they can show you like UPS where it is and has been. I did that when mine was in limbo. But when I looked at the print out they gave me it was a post office here it was lost or who knows what at. did not leave Hazlewood post office for three days here if I remember correctly.

im in the same boat right now, i bought a Lee progressive reloading press off a member on another forum, and they told him 3 days, and its going on 11 days now. god i love government work

I use Postal mail for almost everything.. The have broke 2 rifles on me. They were just regular rifles, no customer rifles sent to me for inletting or installs(thank goodness). Luckily I use Stamps.com and insured them..so got reimbursed for the troubles.

Overseas stuff has not been a problem..

Hey Guys

This is no way a dig at Kasey

He and I are in regular comms

I am not interested in getting refund from Amex, all I want is my Atlas V8.

I had something shipped to me from Jacksonville,NC on 4/16/2010.
Sent priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. package shows received at Jacksonville,NC, then later that night processed through sort facility in Fayetteville,NC. Never got it and the USPS doesn't give a shit. They said it's not lost till after 60 days. So I guess it's really lost.

Just heard from Kasey.
6 weeks is up on Thursday so Friday he can ask for a trace to be started.

I am not sure which side of the pond the problem lies but according to good ole Royal Mail.

Thank you for your email about an item you are expecting from overseas.

There is no tracking information for item reference number LC342844567US arriving in the UK or leaving the USA.

I would like to explain that under the Universal Postal Agreement, any enquiries regarding your item have to be initiated in the country of origin. May I therefore suggest that you contact the senders and ask them to provide their postal administration with the posting details. This will enable an investigation to be made from the point of posting.

Thank you for your e-mail and if we can be of any more help, please contact us again.

Regards

Kirsty Roberts
Customer Service Advisor

Now I maybe wrong but I thought if you paid for service you expect to receive that service.

I paid for a 3-10 working day delivery service so I would have thought after 14 days you could ask for a trace, not wait 42 days.

Imagine going to gas station and prepaying for a tank of gas and being told Oh we will fill you up in a few days.

Rant over

Ferryman,

I hear you on the frustration part, but let me also add these few points:

I too have had parcels "go missing" when being shipped from the US to Canuckia. And the same agreement is made between USPS and CanPost. This is not new, and no, it is not fun either.

My missing parcels had NOTHING to do with anyone from this site, so don't nobody read anything into that. Simple words, simple meaning.

The point is, and I say this with all respects,,, It is Highly Advisable to NOT point any fingers at the shipper.

I'm not saying you are, and I'm not saying you will. What I AM saying is that (for a multitude of reasons) the carrier has the responsibility to do their job. And once the package is left with them, it is then THEIR responsibility to do their job, and THEIR RULES that you must play with, when they don't.

If there were to be a 'package shipping blues' thread started, then I'm sure almost all would have something to say about almost all carriers. Except Quantas. According to Rainman, Quantas has never failed.
wink.gif

I have shipped a pant load of stuff through USPS- only one problem sticks out. I shipped an Encore barrel and scope to a gent and the scope was demolished. Fortunately I shipped priority and insured it. The recipient knew the postmaster in his town and handled the whole thing on his end.

If you call Lawton machine and ask them to overnight you a part they will tell you they don't offer it. You can pay for it but it will still take 2 days because of how remote they are..... thats just an example.

If you call up your customs guys and say hey I paid for a 3-10 day delivery service they might say "oh ya we did get it in that time frame but it doesn't mean we have to release it in under 10 days"

Its always something somewhere.... I understand your frustration but right now all you can do is have them search for it.

Hi Sean

Yeah they have you by the short and curlies.

Kasey has been great throughout and no where have I pointed a finger at him.

Once it goes accross the desk it is out of shippers control.

I've got a package I'd sent to Hawaii, according to the tracking data got there in 3 days from florida, to turn around and come back to Florida, which now says it's now on it's way to final destination. WTF?

Well we are now into week 8 and still no sign of it.

Kasey is going to send me a replacement but the USPS service still sucks IMHO

Kasey paid for a service he has not received.

Not sure how the compensation system works over there.

Here unless you pay for extra insurance you are only covered for like $45

If any of you guys who jump in to defend USPS actually work for them, just PM me and I will give you the parcel details and you are welcome to tell me where in the system my package is.

Well just checked the USPS website again and they no longer have the wording about updating the information.

Would this be because Kasey has initiated a trace on the item?.

Or is it that the item is officially recognised as missing?.

9 weeks now and still no show.

Kasey is going to send out a replacement which hopefully will make it through,but at present he is waiting on parts

Ferryman,

I apologize for this situation and really thought there would be a better outcome. However, after seeing this I have decided the best course of action is to refund your money in full (please note that we already refunded the 17.95 S&H on order 3845 for the spigot you meant to order on order 3844), this will conclude our business dealings.

Below are the credit notices

A credit for the amount of $244.90 has been applied to order number 5194DE30-4BF64E6E-691-BE806

A credit for the amount of $69.95 has been applied to order number 5194DE30-4BF69BEE-063-BE806

Again, I do apologize for all of the trouble you have gone through in trying to buy our products.

Sincerely,

Kasey

Kasey.

This is totaly beyond your control.

At no time have I blamed you or Accu-Shot for the delay, just vented my frustration with USPS.

If and when the Bipod completes it's circumnavigation of the globe you are more than welcome to debit my MC card again for the full amount.

It's probably locked up / lost in customs somewhere. Our stuff 'usually' gets to UK, and Europe in general in 7-10 days. We ship over 500 USPS priority flat rate per year, and have only had one not make it (APO cluster). I am extremely pleased overall with USPS flat rate priority service and pricing.

We have also had good service from Fedex and UPS, except one time... I had Fedex return a large box because the driver "couldnt find the house." I had to re-ship and pay again and tape a printout of a map with directions on the box for this driver, talk about doing someone else's job for them... this was in Running Springs CA (Big Bear Lake area), so for those who live up there in 909'er country, you probably know this tool if he's still employed.

I hope you get your bipod sometime. Kasey went way above and beyond in taking care of this!

ST

Not once have I ever intimated this was in anyway Kasey's fault.

He and I have e-mailed back and forth on this, and quite honestly I would have much preferred to wait for an Atlas when Kasey had all the parts, but I can understand he would not want a 2nd one going astray.

When I know that I am next going to be in the USA I will get Kasey to ship one to me in Montgomery AL.

It took USPS 32 days to deliver a Priority Mail envelope from Montana to Colorado. It sat lost in the Denver main post office for 30 of those days.

It's a wonder it ever showed up here.

No doubt, they suck.

They are a government run entity and when you include the gov in a delivery service..... things will go wrong and go slow. I had to wait 18 days for a large order from TAB Gear to show up. Which is normally a 2 day trip ground with UPS.

UPS and FedEx have their faults but they easily out weight the negatives with the positives

To the OP: I think Kasey has every right to return your money, it safeguards him and his company so you can stop hanging it over his head and dragging him into a squabble with the USPS and your customs department. If you want someone to be pissed at, go crawl up and down your customs officials. They have it, and have probably misplaced it. It was out of Kasey's hands as soon as he handed it over to his mail carrier. AND I have sent multiple packages over to Iraq and Afghanistan with no trouble and a 10 day delivery time. Something is up with your shipment, do some leg work and get down to customs. Ask to speak with the office manager or someone high up, a product that YOU paid for is somewhere there and you would like to have it or a damn good explanation why it takes so long to see what's happening to your property.

Good Luck and hope you have a positive outcome.

Kyshooter

I have been that route believe me have all the e-mails to prove it. Royal Mail, Parcel Force, HM Customs you name it I have been there.

The last thing I wanted was Kasey to be out of pocket on this, and as I have said when and if it arrives I will gladly give Kasey my MC and he can re bill me.

Can we now consider this post closed and would one of the MODS lock it down

Thanks

Ferryman,

Thank you for your emailed apology which is accepted.

But frankly I’m troubled that you continued to post to your “USPS Sucks” thread even though no one else was posting to it. Then as soon as I discover it, refund your money and post same, you ask for it to be locked.

Why?

If your intent was to rant about USPS, why ask for it to be locked? Why not continue to rant day after day?

I will not opine on the "why", but hope you understand why I’m troubled by your behavior and hope you will respect my request that you allow this to be our last transaction.

Sincerely,

Kasey

I will have to agree. Kasey is a good business man. I wouldn't associate myself with someone that slanders my company name and postal service when I am willing to put money on it that his customs agents have it. When it leaves Kasey's hands, it's out of his control.

I don't think the thread should be locked. People need to see what it's like to deal with people across the pond. Shipping is a pain in the ass, country to country is a whole other beast.

Since in my last post when I pretty much agreed that USPS sucks, I had to deal with the "claims dept" for a scope that was damaged in shipping.
I bought a rifle/ scope package from another Hide member.
when I recieved the rifle, everything seemed fine, but when I went to zero it in, I noticed while the elevation turret turned and clicked, it wasn't adjusting anything. On closer inspection, I realized the scope must have taken a pretty good whack in shipping and the stem that atatches the turret to the inside of the scope had broken off, and the only thing holding the cap on was the friction from the O-ring. Seeing as how I discovered this 2 weeks after the package arrived at my FFL's, I had a feeling this was going to be a problem. I found out that I, as the addressee, could file the claim online, so I had the shipper send me all his shipping paperwork (which took a few more days) and I filed the claim myself online.
Nobody from the PO contacted me or tried to make arrangements to pick up or inspect the damaged scope, but 5 days after I submitted the claim, I recieved a check for the $300 I had asked for! I cant tell you how surprised I was by how easy this was and how fast they settled my claim.
USPS may suck most of the time, but in this case I have to give them an A+ for CS.

KYshooter338$

That is a pretty strong accusation you make that I have slandered Kasey and his company.

I am calling on you to show where in this thread I have ever blamed Kasey or his company for the delay.

On the contrary I have gone to great length to do just the opposite.

If you can find one post where I have blamed Kasey or his company for the delay, I will authorise Kasey to debit my credit card for the full amount of the refund he so generously made and donate it to a charity of his choice.

BUT

If you cannot back up your accusation then I call on you to send a check to Kasey for $314.85 to pay to a charity of his choice.

I think we all learned an important lesson here right?

Although I love USPS because I get stuff shipped here to Germany all the time and have not had one issue! Of course it goes through a little different avenue to get here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ferryman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYshooter338$

That is a pretty strong accusation you make that I have slandered Kasey and his company.

I am calling on you to show where in this thread I have ever blamed Kasey or his company for the delay.

On the contrary I have gone to great length to do just the opposite.

If you can find one post where I have blamed Kasey or his company for the delay, I will authorise Kasey to debit my credit card for the full amount of the refund he so generously made and donate it to a charity of his choice.

BUT

If you cannot back up your accusation then I call on you to send a check to Kasey for $314.85 to pay to a charity of his choice. </div></div>

Haha. Your awfully demanding. Why should I pay for your product that your customs agents probably lost?!

I think you should make a donation to this site for being rude, and wasting everyones time reading this rant of yours. Not to mention you also drove away a prominent manufacturer, it is obvious that he is no longer willing to do business with you per your actions and call outs here in this thread. I also believe that it is apparent you called him out when you mentioned him several times AND expected him to resolve your unfortunate situation BUT as he stated once it left his hands it was out of his control. Why come on here trashing the USPS, then drag his company name into it? There was no need for it.

It does suck. In the states I only use Fed Ex or UPS. When I'm overseas and forced to use USPS, I always insure the package and cross my fingers it doesn't get lost. They have lost a few packages of mine.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ferryman sends me this:</span>

Hi Kasey

I know you don't want to hear from me but another member of SH has pointed out KYshooter338's post accusing me of slandering you and your company.
Something I cannot let go unchallenged.
If KYshooter338 can back up his accusation by showing one post where I have blamed you or your company for the delay.
I will authorise you to debit my credit card for the full amount of the refund you made and donate it to a charity of your chosing.
BUT
If he cannot back up his accusation then I will challenge him to make the same gesture and donate that amount to charity.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I ask him this:</span>

Tony,

Before proceeding, who was the member that pointed this out to you?

<span style="font-weight: bold">His reply;</span>

Hi Kasey

This has gone far enough I am not prepared to drag others into it.

I just wanted to give you heads up that I was posting a responseo the accusation that I sllandered you.

This will be my last post on the matter

<span style="font-weight: bold">And my reply;</span>

Tony,

Your reply does not surprise me, you mention another member then refuse to prove this. This is the exact reason I wish to not have any further dealings with you as your words conflict with your actions.

Tony, I'm sure you are a fine man but frankly you are showing your butt here. I gave you an out and now you are wanting to make issue of the result of that as well.

Sincerely,

Kasey

<span style="font-weight: bold">Now I ask, whomever is reading this that told Ferryman (Tony) about this, please let me know who you are.</span>