• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Utah Hiders?

Re: Utah Hiders?

I'm pretty new here mostly just been reading around. I live in Centerville but don't get home from Afghan til July, then I hope to be shooting a lot this summer. Plan on having a new .300WM waiting for me, to push my limits.

@MrJim Wow dad I was just about to post your contact info for the range, guess you beat me to it.

I'm another hide member from Vernal. I wanted to thank you guys for the info on available ranges.

Hey all new guy to the forums from Salt Lake! Well Taylorsville to be exact.. Name's Jake good to be a part of these forums now!

Hey thanks for the welcome! And at the moment i'm just shooting with a remington 700 .308 with a VX lll 3.5-10X50 mounted on it.. and a harris bipod. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done
smile.gif
once I have more money comin in I plan to get plenty more firearms! Any recommendations?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1SHOT1Drop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any recommendations? </div></div>
A .223 for potguts & rabbits?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larphred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">feel free to stop by as the spring and summer progress and try out the new, improved Hendrickson Range. </div></div>
How do I find it and what do I have to do to get on it?</div></div>

From Salt Lake head east up Parleys canyon on I-80, take exit 134 by Little Dell Resorvoir. At the intersection turn right and your there. $7 to shoot. Steel at 200, 300, 400, 600, 750 and 800 yards.

RT

From their website:

http://saltlakecitygunrange.com/calendar-and-hours/

Hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturdays, Sundays 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Shotgun open: Sun 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM and Wed 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Other shotgun openings by appointment only.
Closed Major Holidays and for other events that will be indicated as a range closure on the calendar below.

Another FNG reporting to the Hide (me). I've seen quite a few of the posts for the SLC area...any of you from further north like cache valley or ogden?

I don't have anything amazing for a boom stick but I enjoy shooting and am learning alot from the forums, mostly that I suck and need to practice but i sure do enjoy it.

So from up north nice to meet you all.

Bountiful here. Guess I am the only one. Good place up on the hill here to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utah Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bountiful here. Guess I am the only one. Good place up on the hill here to shoot. </div></div>
I'm just a little north of you over here in Centerville. We have a 600 yard range up by the "V". You might want to check up on that range by clicking on the hyper-text.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utah Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bountiful here. Guess I am the only one. Good place up on the hill here to shoot. </div></div>
I'm just a little north of you over here in Centerville. We have a 600 yard range up by the "V". You might want to check up on that range by clicking on the hyper-text. </div></div>

Yeah I have been up there. It is nice unless there is someone who wants to shoot a bit closer than you. Ind of an odd layout.

Anyone out there interested in a precision marksmanship clinic at the North Springs Shooting Range June 9, 2012?

I put on practical precision matches on the second Saturday of the month. This year I cut back to every other month to give some of us a little break. Now I'm getting bored, so trying to fill in a bit.

This clinic would go over basic principles of marksmanship. Give anyone the opportunity to get it down right and then go on to the next step. More experienced shooters would spend more time working out and confirming their dope (elevation and windage adjustments).

Most shooters would probably be getting out to 1000 yards. You would need a scope that adjusts out that far. Elevation adjustments and or mil dots - grid lines.

Let me know if there is interest.

cost would be $10 or $15 per shooter. That includes range fee and targets.

Clint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested for sure! It's always good to learn from new teachers. Is there a gear list?</div></div>

These basic marksmanship skills work with any firearms or student skill level.

So bring any guns and equipment. The idea was to be a longer distance clinic so bring any rifle that you want to shoot 100 to 1000 yards. Or a rifle scope combination that doesn't get out that far if that's all you got.

I can have handouts, chronograph, computer programs with printer and anything else I'll think of.

I taught one guy who got out to 1000 yards with his vintage military rifle with iron sights.

So a person can bring any front or rear rests, computer programs, note taking stuff, at least 50 rounds ammo (100 would be better). Eyes and ears. As it gets closer I'm sure I can make a better list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utah Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds fun to me. Where is that range located?</div></div>

North Springs Shooting Range is 15 miles South West of Price, Ut. Take highway 10 straight South toward Huntington for about 5 miles, turn right at the sign "North Springs Recreation Area", after about 5 more miles turn right again at the North Springs sign, another 5 miles or so you turn right again at the North Springs sign.

Any more question just ask.
Clint

If any of you guys care to get email updates each month from Utah Shootouts, just email me and I'll put you on the list. It will keep you updated of what coming up. It's a long drive from SLC area to Price area but sometimes it's worth it.

The Utah State Sniper Shoot in Sept is about 1/4 filled up.

There's been several people interested in the clinic on June 9 so I'll be there for sure.

Can anybody provide some directions to the range at Grantsville? I've heard it's there but can't find any decent directions.

thanks in advance.

The family and I just relocated down here from Washington, and was wondering if there is anywhere local Ogden/Layton/Clearfield area to get some 100 to 300 yard shooting in? Anyone have any ideas?

Well, there's a range up Ogden Canyon near the town of Liberty. There's a range near the Animal Control facility in Fruit Heights just east of Layton. There's this one just a bit further south that goes all the way out to 600 yards.
whistle.gif

Thanks Jim. Now that Centerville Small Arms is open again I'm going to have to make way there to check it out. I remember a place up the canyon in Liberty that I shot at a couple of times back in the early 90's. It was an informal place that charged $5 or so; payable on the honor system. If I remember right, it was somewhere below Powder Mountain. Does this sound like the same place? I'm unsure where the animal control facility is in Fruit Heights, but I'll check it out this weekend too.

I guess they call it the Davis County Rifle Range. It's straight up 200 No. in Kaysville, across the Mountain Road (Highway 89), turn left and go up the hill to the range.
cool.gif

new guy from SLC. just getting started with the research aspect of things, no precision rifle to call my own yet.

From Sandy myself, Desertdad, I would be interrested in the June North Springs clinic provided my USO scope comes in time.

New to the Hide but enjoyed the March shoot at North Springs. After that i could use some pointers. Its a long drive from Logan but I'd be down for a day trip on June 9th to join the party Desertratdad. Put me on the email list for events if you have one. [email protected]. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunnypunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New to the Hide but enjoyed the March shoot at North Springs. After that i could use some pointers. Its a long drive from Logan but I'd be down for a day trip on June 9th to join the party Desertratdad. Put me on the email list for events if you have one. [email protected]. Thanks.</div></div>

Put you on my email list. See you in June

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunnypunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...but enjoyed the March shoot at North Springs. After that i could use some pointers... </div></div>
You're not the only one. I just shot the April shoot, and had my backside handed to me. It was a great time, but have a lot to learn now.

Draper. +1 For the bowling pin shoot at Dougs. Get some has a shoot every Thursday that's a lot of fun too.

Cedar City here.

WOndering if anyone in this part of the state has a rifle on an AICS I could get behind before I drop the cash on one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cedar City here.

WOndering if anyone in this part of the state has a rifle on an AICS I could get behind before I drop the cash on one. </div></div>

I'm coming down to Cedar City this weekend (aug. 2-4) and am wondering if there are any good places to shoot down there? I don't have an AICS, but I'd love to hook up with someone down there as a shooting buddy. I'm kinda new to this sport and need someone to show me the ropes.

Thanks.

There is a pretty decent range out of Cedar. Paper to 300, and some assorted steel out to 1000 if someone hasn't shot the chains again.

PM me we might be able to set something up.

'Nuther newbie, here in Utah.
Just getting started in long range shooting, gathering gear and learning a lot just going through all the posted information here. Looking forward to shooting soon!

Let me know when you're ready to go out. I'm fairly new too, but I always love a new shooting buddy! Long range stuff is a lot more fun if you have someone who enjoys it to shoot with.

Central Utah here, good old Aurora I have about 20 steels and would love to set up a shoot down here for something in August. Let me know if your in and we will try to get a date set. Duke

Ya'll need to look up Park City Precision Rifle in the Tac Matches Thread. They put on a great match about once a month.

New member from WVC. Currently only have a 10/22 that is considered precision. I am wanting to build a gun over a couple of years so I joined the forum to educate myself. I definitely have a long way to go...

Craig