• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT - Sept 11, some pics

Re: UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT - Sept 11, 2010

RKBA, Mattsnuked, and myself should be showing up around 1300 on Friday.

I think we are camping at the Best Western.

I'll be camping but just in a little one man tent so sorry no spooning
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will a .22 Magnum activate the steel on the pistol range?

Thanks </div></div>

I would guess you would get more points with the 9mm. I had to shoot with a .22 last weekend trying to get the timing down on the bobbers. My wrist is not feeling good.

True Story: My strong side wrist has given me problems for a month now. A week and a half ago I thought I would wrap it up good with tape and shoot the UDPL super shoot, I figured that would give it some therapeutic value. After 450 rounds of 45 ACP, I decided that was a stupid idea.

Scottmilk9 and I (#26/#28) will be rolling in Friday, most likely late afternoon.

Unsure of MichaelN-#19's status currently, I'm hearing he either has an earache or a broken firing pin.......

I'm plannin on campin there. Cant wait to meet some of you guys. Will be gettin there sometime in the afternoon on friday.
Chris

Yea, I was dry firing my savage 110 that was custom built with my dads money and the firing pin broke....oh wait, I have a bone stock 110fp barreled action and that has not happened yet, that is my excuse for not making the next match. Seriously, I am out for this match but good luck to you guys, especially the AZ crew- bring home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!! I am looking forward to hearing how it went.

I'm headed off to the Utah shoot in a few minutes.Gonna be taking advantage of the fantastic range all day Friday!

Anybody that wants to try out a Pre charged Field Target match air rifle or air pistol let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unsure of MichaelN-#19's status currently, I'm hearing he either has an earache or a broken firing pin.......</div></div>

I was playing with my firing pin last night and then.... Blam!! It went off!!! And now I have an ear-ache.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm headed off to the Utah shoot in a few minutes.Gonna be taking advantage of the fantastic range all day Friday!

Anybody that wants to try out a Pre charged Field Target match air rifle or air pistol let me know. </div></div>

Steve, that is as long as I remember to bring it? J/K its all ready to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey DebosDave, if you don't shoot your .22 mag in the match, bring it anyway. We'll see how it does after the match is over.

</div></div>

Roger that, I will bring it along with some ammo.

I will be heading down tomorrow... 8 hour day in the truck, but we will be there early enough to shoot tomorrow evening.

See you guys there!

DD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, I was dry firing my savage 110 that was custom built with my dads money and the firing pin broke....oh wait, I have a bone stock 110fp barreled action and that has not happened yet, that is my excuse for not making the next match. Seriously, I am out for this match but good luck to you guys, especially the AZ crew- bring home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!! I am looking forward to hearing how it went. </div></div>
Uncalled for. good job being internet tall just like steve.

What else does a guy have to do sittin on the can at Castlegate Village then say sorry to all those who couldn't make it to a FANTASTIC shoot with killer food and Dutch oven apple/black berry cobbler.

Cobbler was great. shoot was a ton of fun and challenging. Thanks so much Clint and SO's for a great job and a nice safe shoot. Thanks to all the sponsors, the prize tables are always amazing at these shoots!

great to meet who I could, I had a blast

Dave

Way to go Robert A. Took first place out of 46 shooters from 7 states.

And thanks to Clint and family for putting on a super super shoot. Had great weather, not too hot, too cold, not wet; JUST RIGHT.

And thanks to all the sponser's for their generosity of the prizes. I mean, 1/2 off for a US Optics scope! A Grizzly LAR complete upper worth $1100, etc. WOW!!!

Alan
IMG_20100911_183254.jpg

What a great day of shootin. Thanks Clint and everyone that helped. Met some great guys and had a blast. Look forword to next time.
Chris

Had a great time. Thanks to all involved. Clint, the SO's and all others involved did a great job.

A big thanks to all the sponsors that provided a great prize table.

It was quite a surprise to come home with a new Grizzly LAR upper, certainly made my day.

Thanks again.

John

Thanks Clint what a great day a great thanks to all that offered me a gun to use when my bolt handle fell off in the first heat still was a great time would have not missed it for nothing Thanks again guys you are some good shooters and I will be looking forward to shooting with you again until then shoot straight and keep on target.

Outstanding job Clint and ALL the behind the scenes worker bees.
Thanks to all the shooters for keeping it SAFE and still being competitive. It was great meeting and working with shooters from close and far.
BIG-BIG thanks to the many prize contributors, it made for an awesome table.
Be safe, shoot straight and Gob Bless America!

Leo (600yd Steel)

First and foremost I would like to thank Clint, his family , and all the RO’s and staff for a well run and fun match. I will definitely return.

Second I would like to thank all the competitors for the opportunity to see several old faces and meet many new faces. I look forward to the next time we meet.

Finally and very important I would Like to personally thank the sponsors who even during difficult financial times have continued to go above and beyond to support and promote our chosen hobby (dont forget to thank them).

See you guys at the next match

I agree with all of the above. It was a very well run shoot, good RO's, interesting and challenging stages, great facilities. Thanks to Clint and his family and all the volunteers for putting their hard work into letting us all play all day and eat great food. Thanks to the generous sponsors. Thanks to Clint for his labor of love to keep this shoot going month after month and year after year. Nice to rub shoulders with fellow shooting addicts.

Clint, a huge thanks for another great match. It was good to see everyone again. Thanks to all the sponsors especial Zac and LAR Grizzly for letting us shoot the .416. always a great time but I think I am a couple inches shorter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint, a huge thanks for another great match. It was good to see everyone again. Thanks to all the sponsors especial Zac and LAR Grizzly for letting us shoot the .416. always a great time but I think I am a couple inches shorter. </div></div>

........sorry........
blush.gif

Thanks to North Springs for hosting a practical precision match, you gyus have a beautiful facility.
Thanks to the shooters, who I saw jump in and help each other out with equipment and other issues, some of you guys are truly first class!
Thanks to the sponsors that brought together a rewarding prize table pretty quickly, and to thanks to those that used their insustry contacts to bring that to fruition. (I'm still bummed that I didn't know the Impulse Target on the`swinger stand next to the table was a prize-that baby would have been at our match next week, but I'll stop whining now).
Thanks to Clint and the SO/RO's, all in all it was a pretty cool match. I still say "up" is not a safe direction
laugh.gif

You guys have a beautiful facility that if maximized to its full potential could host a amazing multi day match!

Now, where's all the pics I saw being taken?? I brought a camera, but as usual once the shooting started I forgot all about it, but I saw a few folks taking pics all throughout....

Good to have seen a few folks again and to have met a few more good folks.

Big THANK YOU to all of the event organizers and SO's you guys did a great job with the match. I had a great day, and it was nice to finally put faces with screen names!
Thanks to everyone that donated to the prize table hopefully someone with a list of supporters will post them all there were to many for me to remember. Thanks to Impulse Targets for the new target and swinging stand I was lucky enough to pull from the prize table! Hope to see you all at future matches.

it Was a Great time ! We came out from Lehi, and met a fantastic group of people who share the same love a fireams. everyone we talked was having a great time.

See ya there again

Sincerely

Devildogsniper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would love to see the pics...... </div></div>

I thought the guy snapping pics on the lines all day was a private photog you had hired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would love to see the pics...... </div></div>

I thought the guy snapping pics on the lines all day was a private photog you had hired. </div></div>

I thought he was working for you???
confused.gif

Just got home from the range. I got all the video the video kid took. I hired him. It cost me a t-shirt and a dinner. I just tried to load the video into the computer and it wouldn't take. Just like last months. I'll try another computer and try to get one ready put on youtube, hopefully tomorrow. If anyone has pics please post them.

A lot of prizes came in at dinner time. Please help me get a complete list of sponsors, along with their contact info.

Scott M AZ you did wonders for the prize table.

I had so much help it was unbelievable. There were several people I had to totally rely on, make necessary changes and trust to get the job done. There are some of Bob's crew I never even met or know their names. So Bob, Robert, Leo, Aaron, Dean, Heather, Ashley, Stacy, Katharine who all have spent countless hours preparing and making this event happen, along with the others who stepped in at the last minute to help SO, repair, set up targets etc. like Keven, Dan and all those I don't know about, A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME AND ALL THE SHOOTERS!!!!!!!

And it wouldn't have been worth it with out the shooters and their support.

Shooter scores

Wow, every shot counted. 24 points separated the top 10 shooters. Time being the tie breaker.

1-Robert A UT 236
2-Roger C NV 234 135 sec.
3-John R CO 234 153 sec.
4-Landon G UT 228
5-Alan G UT 227
6-Hugh T NV 224
7-Kevin R UT 220
8-Blake K UT 217
9-Tucker B ID 215
10-Zac M UT 212
11-Matt L AZ 200 146 sec.
12-Walt G NM 200 206 sec
13-Steve E AZ 198
14-Eric W UT 192 77
15-James C UT 192 107
16-Mike R AZ 188
17-David C MT 176
18-Christian S UT 173
19-Pride A UT 169
20-Lon T UT 168
21- Dale S UT 159
22-Ron Y UT 158
23-Jason H UT 157
24-Melvin Y NM 155
25-Gary R MT 153
26-Bruce B UT 146
27-Scott M AZ 135
28-Thad S UT 129
29-Lasson S UT 123
30-Steve M AZ 119
31-Nick S AZ 115
32-Chris Hunter UT 114 120 sec.
33-Scott H UT 114 139 sec.
34-Wade W UT 110
35-Stan R UT 100
36-Jeramie Y UT
37-Gaylon M UT
38-Craig C UT
39-Steve W UT
40-Clyde Carbrera Ut
41-Ryan S UT
42-Gary P UT
43-Jason P UT
44-Mike Whitney Ut
45-Darrell H UT
46-Jerry G UT

There were some first time competitors, and some that were only going to shoot part of the match. Also one major malfunction that I know of, so I didn't put all the scores up here. I congratulate the first timers and part timers for getting through their first match. Hope they come out often to shoot with us.

A detailed score sheet will be posted on the website as soon as I can get it there.

WOW!!!! What a good time, a BIG thanks to Clint, his family, Robert, Bob, Alan and anyone else I forgot (sorry) for putting it all together! None of this would be possible without your hard work and dedication to the Shooting Sports! I was great to see old friends and make a few new one's, what a great bunch of guy's! Lookin forward to the next one!

Z

Finally back in the saddle here at work. Its was long drive home but it was well worth it.

Congrats to the top ten excluding Chiller, you spent way too much time "helping" the scorers
wink.gif

Clint thanks for having us at your beautiful range. That place flat out rocks. Thanks to all the RO's and SO's for helping put this together.

DesertMonkey it was nice shooting with you.
MildotZ it was also nice meeting you. Thanks for whipping out the .416 now Im trying to find room in my budget for one of those.

Thanks to all the sponsors, USO, Specialized Dynamics, POF, Delta Outdoorsman, LAR, High Desert Tactical, and many more. You guys definatly hooked it up.

I have a few pics and video that Ill try and load later. BTW there is no way in hell im putting up my pistol video. I definatly need to use the sights .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint,

Would you mind putting up the names again, in order, along with their firearms and calibers they shot?

Alan </div></div>

16th place

Glock 17
POF .223
Custom .260

Don't worry Mike I'll post video of you missing the pistol targets for you!

Thanks all for the match, I had a great time.

11th place

6.5 Creedmoor Rem 700 custom
RR/DPMS parts AR
XD 9mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Congrats to the top ten excluding Chiller, you spent way too much time "helping" the scorers
wink.gif

</div></div>

Where is all the love......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wink.gif

</div></div>

Where is all the love...... </div></div>

The love will be fully reinstated after those pipes are a blowing in February

Thanks to Clint and the RO's, SO's that help put this together! For my first match is was awesome. Mike it was good meeting you as well as the rest of the Arizona boys. Looking forward to coming down to AZ some time to shoot with you guys again!!
MUZZLE'S UP!!!
laugh.gif

DM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wink.gif

</div></div>

Where is all the love...... </div></div>

The love will be fully reinstated after those pipes are a blowing in February </div></div>

Just a matter of getting it done.....we will see.

Steve E
13th place (high precision gas gun!)
Precision-POF 6.5 Creedmoor/USO SN3
Carbine-Specialized Dynamics 223 AR/Falcon 4-14
Pistol-XD9 Tactical

We had shooter mtg over by the flag pole so we could do a pledge of allegiance. How come nobody reminded me to do that.

Got the video discs loading into the lap top. There's about two hours worth. It's probably going to take a couple days to convert and edit and make up a video of the match so I'll let you know as soon as it's done.

I've got all the information on the firearms everyone used. I just have to find it in the truck. I ain't unloaded it yet. I will put that up with the detailed scores for everyone. Even though I'm a computer wiz kid myself, i might have to get one of my kids to help me paste that spread sheet onto the website. Never works out very good for me.

clint