• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Valdada IOR?

precision308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
Indiana
Input on these optics. Price looks good for what is offered. Never looked at any. I've been looking at the 3-18. Where does it line up with Bushnell vortex Leopold or son of the others

Extremely good scopes for the money. Have been using a 3.5-18x50 for quite a while now and it works perfectly and the optics are very nice. Got the chance to look more indepth at the 4-28x50 Recon on the SHOT as well as 3-18x42 and I can tell you, you won't regret buying that scope.

Do a search on here.

There are some good reviews. Mostly not though.

Some people have had great luck with them, and believe them to be "The best damn scope on the market. Period. Bar none."

Most of us don't trust them on their 4th or 5th generation.

I am one who has had good luck. I currently own a 2.5-10 x 42 and a 3.5 -18 x50. Both have preformed flawlessly and the optics are far better then the NF and PSTs I have had.

I have the 3.5-18X50 and love it.The zero stop is great, the glass is great. But this is just my opinion. The one thing that seems to be a consensus on this forum is either you really like the IOR line up, or you really dislike them. There seems to be no middle ground. If you have the opportunity to get behind various makes and models of scopes that is what I would suggest then you can make a more informed purchase. I personally think you will not be disappointed.

Is their warranty work local or overseas

I bought mine used about two years ago. Just a few weeks ago I sent mine off because I set the screws to tight on the zero stop and wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I posted on this site where I could get it looked at and a guy from just outside Dallas Tx. got back with me, he works with IOR scopes with the approval from the main guy in the states that deals with them. I got my scope back in eight days with a clean bill of health. I paid the shipping to him, he paid the shipping back to me. It was a smooth transaction.

His Name is Paul McCoy, here is his info.

Paul McCoy
newtcs
jpgc
(972) 809-0464

I sold a Zeiss Victory FL T and bought the new 6-24x56 IOR. While it's hard to match the "pop" of the Zeiss optics I'm pleased with the IOR. It has options that will allow me to do some long range shooting that the Zeiss didn't have. The IOR is a mil scope making ranging much easier and is FFP. I'm happy. I think a lot of the comments I hear on all the upper end scopes are abit nit picky. My .02 worth.

I got my scope back on a Thursday, I put the scope back on the rifle on Friday, went to the range and re-zeroed, reset the zero stop (correctly this time), then fired off this sub MOA 10 shot group @100yds.

Excellent optically! Very happy with my 3-18x42... really like the modified MP-8 Dot reticle. Excellent tracking and return to zero.

Recommend you call Scott at Liberty Optics if you decide to buy. Excellent customer service. Good luck!

I really like IOR optics and own several. That being said I have had 3 of them fail not all were 3x18s. They were all replaced without hassle.
I have also had a couple MK4s fail and have a Meopta in for repair now. Guess my 376 Steyr Scout was more than the Meopta could handle.

IOR 3X18X42 FFPs are my favorite LR scopes I own. I have been shopping for another optic that has the combination of features as the 3x18 without
being over the top with features that I will never use but haven't found anything so far without a really hefty price tag.