• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

varget

stoney15

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Mn
I have a buddy who has a nack for finding anything that is hard to find....and for normal to very slightly elevated prices. He has kept me in stock with everything from .22lr ammo, 105gr Amaxes, Berger hybrids. H4895, h4350, h335, h414, h1000, rl15, rl22, all the pistol powders I use etc...... You name it, he has kept.me in a steady supply. Everything but varget, well he just came through with varget 2 8lb jugs unopened in the box... Little higher than I would have like but $25/pound... I'll take it!!! Just had to express my joy.

stoney don't take this wrong BUT YOU SUCK.................................................................

In other news a man that goes by the name of Stoney15 on an internet forum was found to have been robbed of only his powder supply of varget in his home. No other valuables were taken, however police have advised him from posting further personal good news of any finds he has come across until any suspect can be found. No suspects however have been named in this case.

Nice find stoney.

I have found everything I've wanted this year. I buy it when I see it, even if it's a few bucks more. Including a lot of Varget.

Y'all are crazy! Good reading. Varget is really hard to fing here. Got my nose puckers around some H4895 today!!

Glad I placed a large order with Wideners just before the Newtown shooting. Sitting pretty on all the hard to find powders I need except for R-15. I have literally only seen 1lb of it in the year and a half since Newtown, and I jumped on it like a duck on a junebug.

I've found a shitton of varget in the last year or so. I scooped up about 40lbs and hooked up friends. The secret to to continually check, almost compulsively. If you're in the northeast, send me a message. I'm all for helping fellow shooters. I'm trying to sell off some h1000 too, but it appears the northeast isn't flush with long distance shooters.

Picked up another 8# jug today. LGS has a waiting list. They call when your requested stuff comes in..

I was able to buy 11 pounds at scheels. They didn't have it listed on the board, but I asked and got lucky. I had to ask 2 employees to go back and grab me some because the first guy didn't want to give me more. They only had 1 pound cans, but they were $23 a piece.

I've paid $25 to $28 for 1 pound cans from one LGS, two at a time. Been a few months since they've had any. I wait listed for 8# jugs at another. Took a few months but I got them, for $200 each.

There are guys on our local hunting forums that have access to all sorts of powder / primers, but yes they are at elevated pricing. I'm good for now, but my primer situation has been somewhat dire. About to rectify that and can keep shooting.

Hodgdon will eventually catch up, but it certainly is slow going. Hopefully by the beginning of next year, they can start making a dent on some of the backorders that are out there. I've got enough to last through the middle / end of next year at current shooting pace, but I did want to increase my target practice.

After checking all the shops around here at least twice a week, I finally got two pounds of varget this week. They had three pounds on the shelf but there was a max purchase of two per customer.

If you have a supply on hand, but want more, get on MidSouth Shooters backorder list. Yes, it took awhile, but they shipped me 16 lbs. of Varget and all the primers I was after.

Found 7 lbs today in my local store, first time I've seen since Christmas, at $32 a lb had to go ahead and buy 5 lb. was down to less than 1/2 lb today must have been my lucky day, since I was going in to buy some imr 4064 since the cfe 223 just wasn't producing.

MidSouth Shooters, still have not got my order from Nov. 2013

I waited 366 days from the day I placed my backorder before all my items were in stock and shipped. I could have had the powder sooner, but didn't want to break up the shipment. The point is, in this climate with the way things are, if you want to order multiple 8 lb. jugs your best bet is to get in line and save yourself a spot. The new reality. The folks who are waiting to see all they want to order in stock somewhere will probably be waiting much longer.

I waited 366 days from the day I placed my backorder before all my items were in stock and shipped. I could have had the powder sooner, but didn't want to break up the shipment. The point is, in this climate with the way things are, if you want to order multiple 8 lb. jugs your best bet is to get in line and save yourself a spot. The new reality. The folks who are waiting to see all they want to order in stock somewhere will probably be waiting much longer.
Must be nice. I ordered two 8lbers back on April 24, 2013. Still waiting. The other powder that was all on back order is waiting on the varget

Glad I placed a large order with Wideners just before the Newtown shooting. Sitting pretty on all the hard to find powders I need except for R-15. I have literally only seen 1lb of it in the year and a half since Newtown, and I jumped on it like a duck on a junebug.

If you find yourself in vt, I have a couple pounds of RL 15 I'd share...probably just give it to you.

That's all I ordered was 8 pound jug of varget. That's is all I ordered. I thought that was a faster was to get some too. But still waiting.