• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

VECTRONIX TERRAPIN X Kestrel communication

Philip_at_Vectronix

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2018
Dear all,
just to let you know we are currently working on a new firmware update to fix a software bug in regards of the communication between the Kestrel and our TERRAPIN X. Within the next weeks we are sure that all will be fine. Thank you all for contacting us.

Best wishes,
Philip

I found 2 more issues with Terrapin X and Kestrel 5700 Elite.

1 issue.
When I make measurements by Terrapin X , Kestrel shows different distance. The difference is 1 m.
Terrapin X shows 708m, Kestrel 709m. 213/214 m, 509/510m etc.

it happens every 2 measurements.

2 issue

When I change direction of fire with Terrapin X , Kestrel sometimes doesn't show new distance. I need to push the button once again to send distance from Terrapin X to Kestrel

Will you fix that bugs?

Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that today we uploaded a new TERRAPIN X Firmware which solves the Kestrel-TERRAPIN X connectivity issues. Go and check you TERRAPIN X app.

1.) Take you TERRAPIN X and switch into the APP mode
2.) Now take your Kestrel and switch off Bluetooth
3.) Switch Bluetooth on at the Kestrel
4.) Go in your TERRAPIN X in the Kestrel (heSt) mode and they should find each other

Cheers,
Philip

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyfox
My Kestrel can't see the Terrapin X after update.

Searching for device never stop.

I'm disappointed(((

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_195656.jpg
    IMG_20210312_195656.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
1.) Take you TERRAPIN X and switch into the APP mode
2.) Now take your Kestrel and switch off Bluetooth
3.) Switch Bluetooth on at the Kestrel
4.) Go in your TERRAPIN X in the Kestrel (heSt) mode and they should find each other

My terrapin has unacceptably short Bluetooth range. Like 2 feet and it will disconnect and not reconnect. Does anyone else have this problem?