• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vegas/Jason Aldean Concert Shooting

MosesTheTank

Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
SC
Last edited:
Read shooter was described as Asian but they are loooking for a Mary Lou Danley.......hmmmmmm.

Sorry for those people that were there.

Sorry to politicize and speculate on tradgedy but that is the world we live in.....

If this ends up being left violence expect the media to go quiet ASAP, remember how quickly the Congressional shooting was put behind while Charlottesville is still in the news. Puerto Rico will take center stage.

If it's radical Islam expect to hear Trump is Racist.

If someone from the right stand by.

Whichever way we will probably get better news from the collective here than MSM.

Last edited:
It's a shame that I have to say I'm not surprised at all if this guy is the perpetrator. This shit is getting crazy.

Guess he didnt like country music. Damn.

Shit's getting real guys. Politics or not, our Country is quickly approaching a crossroads. I'm afraid it'll soon be time to choose sides once again.

Smoke and prayers to all those affected.

Just watched the video and read a little about it. Damn! Definitely sounded like full auto fire. Here come the anti gun nuts....

Several reports are saying 'machine gun' but there was also apparently a lot of echoes.

No idea how many rounds fired, but at that distance and angle, into a packed crowd, one shot could be two casualties. If it was truly a class III weapon he shot, it's a rare thing. He is also being referred to as a 'sniper' by media. Naturally.

This is going to be bad.... and looks again like a 'known to police' guy who went on rampage. And gave warning.

No doubt, the other loonies are counting the casualties and saying to themselves... here's a tactic. Great.

Bad day for the families of Nevada and for America.

Why can't these crazies just go into their bedrooms and swallow rat poison? Guess the need for attention is just all-consuming these days.

Sadly,

Sirhr

Too bad they couldn't take him alive. Can't get information from a corpse but I am sure there was no recourse.

Hopefully, it wasn't a machine gun in the NFA registry. That would pretty much eliminate that ownership. Being that he is from Vegas; it could be a legally owned weapon. I would bet it was a converted semi automatic. Any competent machinist can perform the conversion to the BCG, lower and construct a DIAS.

As others said, I hope the guy was just a psycho that blew his cork. If he can be attached to any radical group domestic or foreign, things will get interesting. I doubt the former. He certainly planned it well. Perfect location, down angle into a fenced in area with a huge crowd...like shooting fish in a barrel. He was proving a point of some sort.

There will be a lot of permanent injuries for certain.

Last edited:
M249 ?
Ak-47?

From my estimation using google maps. the distance was 500-600 yards

AK-47...AR-15...belt fed legally owned NFA item...

It was certainly a full auto with a high capacity magazine. Been to Knob Creek enough to recognize that sound.

Sheep on the radio "What purpose would there be to have an automatic weapon?"

Obviously a failure to understand why the Second Amendment exists.

I'm sure we will never hear it in the main stream but smart money is on an illegally obtained or modified weapon used by a left wing activist mad that the country voted for Trump and wanting revenge on a certain group of people he blames for the election. Makes all too much sense, there's never been a legal NFA weapon used for a crime or at least very few, the typical NFA owner wouldn't pick that crowd either. The transfer of said weapon would take longer to approve than Trump has been president too last I checked on form 4 transfers. It's all so sad but it appears we are speeding up towards the cliff and shit is going to get real in our futures, not our children's or grandkids.

Just woke up to notifications galore on this shit. Watching Moses's video he posted, that was no semi. Sounded like a some sort of belt fed (249? 240?) going cyclic then the pause to reload...

what is going on in this country?!?! I'm sick

I was wondering when we would try guessing the weapon by acoustic signature. I didn't want to be the first, as it's a little morbid. Sounds too slow for a M16 and definitely not a pistol caliber submachine gun. RPK? M240? Some bursts seem longer than magazine capacity.

How fucked up is it that every time one of these things happens we're all "hoping" it's terrorism and not some nutcase white guy. Typically we'd be binge-buying right now, I've got a little faith that POTUS isn't going to use this as a gun-grab moment the way it was in the past.

That is a great guess. I noticed the same, but wrote it off to echos. My magazine capacity comment was not well thought out. I forget about the relatively new drums available for large caliber weapons now.

With the extra capacity magazine like Beta mags/novelty drum if you read reviews the typical comment is "I get five rounds off than it jams".

The sound of the gun is constant and does seem to be heavier caliber than 5.56 or at a slower rate of fire than an AR.

There is a pretty big lag between bursts too. Possible opening the top, clearing the feed loading a belt?

The length of fire doesn't seem like a two hundred round belt though.

The second amendment isn't about hunting animals or innocent humans enjoying a concert.....Its true purpose is exactly why there has to be access to weapons "in common use" by responsible citizens.

No amount of prohibition or law will stop crazy.

Another update from LV, 406 hospitalized. Keeping the death count at 50. Absolutely terrible. My thoughts and prayers to all involved and families of the involved.

Crappy magazine like Beta and crappy gimmick like a bumpfire stock....possible but I'm thinking the sound would be broken even more by multiple immediate action drills.

Strange the news is so murky in the Facebook era when everyone wants everyone to know who they are and what they think.

Read something about an accountant that liked to gamble.

Might turn out to be as simple and stupid as gambling debt and a warped mentality that he is taking it out on the town "that took his money".

Sounds like something a selfish prick would do and his job would likely give him the income to buy Class III guns.

I've stayed at the Mandalay and know the area where (I think) the concert was. My first thought was, "That's a long distance." But I guess if you're just shooting into a mass of captive bodies it doesn't matter that much. I took this pic a couple years ago out of our room window. I think we were on the 11th floor, so shooter was much higher at 32nd. I think the concert was in the black open area in front of (to the right of in this picture, which is the Front side) the Luxor (black pyramid), but it "might" have been in the white open area where the two stacks are (but I don't think so). Vegas.jpg

Listening to the video... it sounds like it was one of those 'crank' type 'make your gun a gatling gun' devices.

The rate of fire was increasing and decreasing. Maybe echoes and acoustic anomalies. But sounded to me just like one of those crank devices.

SIrhr

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/02/03/gatcrank-15-ar-15-trigger-actuator/

I was thinking about that as well. Wasn't there some sort of crank type device you could add to an AR15 to get it to fire "FA"?

they found 10 rifles in his room. i bet he was just popping off with each one until they were empty. ithought full auto as well, theni remembered how fast you can actually do a mag dump.

I was thinking about that as well. Wasn't there some sort of crank type device you could add to an AR15 to get it to fire "FA"?

There's also the Slidefire stock that allows you to "bump fire" an AR like full-auto, but from the shoulder instead of from the hip like bump fire is usually done.

It would seem from recollection that 64 years old would be an anomaly in these cases.

I have to think he was upset over the election. But i guess we will see.

I don't know how you can not classify this as an act of terror-ism. Just cause it was not perpetrated by an islamic extremists doesn't make it any less horrific.

We all agree Antifa is a terror group. Not saying they had anything to do with this. Just saying terror has many many faces today.

What a fucking shit show. Peace to the families and survivors (along with wishes for a speedy recovery), I'll give this one long enough for those involved to at least stop bleeding out before I wade into the debate. A good time to donate blood for those in the area or otherwise, it will heavily be needed to reconstitute the stocks. I look forward for our Vegas area members to hopefully check in with an "A-okay here".

Two things have jumped out at my reading the news so far.

One was the say they found several "expensive" rifles in his room. That could prove interesting if they are true class IIIs.

The other was that police used "an explosive device" to make entry into the room. If that's what I think it is (and assuming the media is accurate) that's not stuff every road officer would have in a car. Makes me wonder exactly how long the shooting was going on. Obviously, this wasn't over quickly. I'm betting he was well barricaded and intent on maximum carnage before killing himself.

Smoke and prayers again out to all those affected in some way and to our country.

All speculation.....

but....

I have heard via radio news he had a platform to shoot from and that he had cameras viewing the hallway so he could watch LE advance on him.

Lots of details going this way and that.

Two things have jumped out at my reading the news so far.

One was the say they found several "expensive" rifles in his room. That could prove interesting if they are true class IIIs.

The other was that police used "an explosive device" to make entry into the room. If that's what I think it is (and assuming the media is accurate) that's not stuff every road officer would have in a car. Makes me wonder exactly how long the shooting was going on. Obviously, this wasn't over quickly. I'm betting he was well barricaded and intent on maximum carnage before killing himself.

Smoke and prayers again out to all those affected in some way and to our country.

it was a flashbang. Sheriffs office already confirmed their SWAT used them when making entry. said it was standard during a dynamic breech, as it is with any department.

If this is antifa it will probably go down as the opening of a civil disturbance and possibly worse. Democrats will get what they want no matter how many got to die. Hope I am wrong on this.

I'm sorry to hear of the people killed and wounded. My prayers go out to them.

What I cannot understand is how the media can misconstrue this and LE says nothing to the contrary.

That was a belt fed GP machine gun. It's too slow to be an M16. There is too long of a cyclic pull of the trigger (continuous) for a magazine to provide that many rounds. Therefore, it's a belt fed weapon, as stated previously.

I'm already smelling false flag on this one. I just hate it though, when who ever is doing that, that innocent people have to die for someone to make their point.

While it may very well be that, RT is nothing but Russian propaganda and misinformation posing as a legitimate news organization, typically posting shit in hopes of further dividing us. They're part of the problem, just like MSNBC and all the rest. And ISIS always claims shit is theirs, regardless if it is or not.

While it may very well be that, RT is nothing but Russian propaganda and misinformation posing as a legitimate news organization, typically posting shit in hopes of further dividing us. They're part of the problem, just like MSNBC and all the rest. And ISIS always claims shit is theirs, regardless if it is or not.

Yea I agree I look at RT about like Infowars you definitely have to weed through the BS, but sometimes they are accurate.

RT is reporting the shooter converted to Islam a few months ago and did it on behalf of ISIS

https://www.rt.com/usa/405409-isis-r...egas-shooting/

If true MOAB.

Yesterday was almost like a planned multi pronged day of action.

If Islamic this is part of some new call to action and is likely not over.

ISIS is being pressed and trying to maintain some relevancy.

Still though crazed heavily in debt gambler acting out in his selfishness makes sense.

Killing your self before engaging LE does not fit the ISIS operations method. Even the Orlando shooter and San Berdoo shooters engaged to obtain their virgins.

Last edited:
Just heard the Isis claim too on Infowars. He probably got it from RT though, and he's not known for fact checking. Interested to see how this plays out. Very disturbing.

Damn that was a long shot!