• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vehicle Break ins!!!

Re: Vehicle Break ins!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell of an idea.....

That or the local police substation.... </div></div>

I was thinking something along those lines........set it to the local PD or somewhere deep in the Ghetto.

Kelly

I don't even leave a charger cable in my vehicle so there will be no curiosity. Got lo jack early warning also. On a couple of vehicles long gone I had an issue with theft and installed a pager alarm that I left on silent. Worked well and caught thieves in the act 4 times. Can't seem to find that system any more. It was made by Auto page and had an old school looking pager and I put a CB antenna on it and increased the distance to almost a 1/2 mile.

What Texagator fails to mention, maybe because it is an embarassment to him and his profession is that the "only ones" like him are the ones getting their guns stolen out of their damn cruisers. Hell, a police chief of a community in New Mexico was in the news TODAY for having a shotgun and an Ar-15 stolen out of his cruiser. See, the "only ones" think that because it is a police car no one will fuck with it. Know why they think that way? Think about what "only ones" conotates. It is a sense of entitlement, a sense of superiority. Where do they get that from? A badge, poor training and bad attitudes.
Now you may think I'm anti police. Quite the contrary. I have two nephews who serve as LEOs in the same state in which Texagator "serves". The difference between him and them? Proper upbringing and knowing right from wrong. Texagator is a member in good standing of Police State Amerika. My nephews are good men that actually want to make this country a better place to live and know the true meaning of "To protect and <span style="font-weight: bold">serve." </span> Therefore they deserve repect they have earned.
Texagator on the otherhand...not so much. He is an internet stalker who makes threats he ain't got the wherewithal or balls to carry out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Texagator is a member in good standing of Police State Amerika. My nephews are good men that actually want to make this country a better place to live and know the true meaning of "To protect and <span style="font-weight: bold">serve." </span> Therefore they deserve repect they have earned. Texagator on the otherhand...not so much. He is an internet stalker who makes threats he ain't got the wherewithal or balls to carry out. </div></div>Hmmm.... A personal attack; a political agenda; and a taunt. There are other sites on the internet where vitriol is accepted and acceptable. This isn't a hate site: add something useful to the conversation or go away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Texagator is a member in good standing of Police State Amerika. My nephews are good men that actually want to make this country a better place to live and know the true meaning of "To protect and <span style="font-weight: bold">serve." </span> Therefore they deserve repect they have earned. Texagator on the otherhand...not so much. He is an internet stalker who makes threats he ain't got the wherewithal or balls to carry out. </div></div>Hmmm.... A personal attack; a political agenda; and a taunt. There are other sites where vitriol is accepted and acceptable. This isn't a hate site: add something useful to the conversation or go away. </div></div>

You don't know the history, so I will throw your suggestion right back at you. What are you adding to the conversation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Texagator fails to mention, maybe because it is an embarassment to him and his profession is that the "only ones" like him are the ones getting their guns stolen out of their damn cruisers. Hell, a police chief of a community in New Mexico was in the news TODAY for having a shotgun and an Ar-15 stolen out of his cruiser. See, the "only ones" think that because it is a police car no one will fuck with it. Know why they think that way? Think about what "only ones" conotates. It is a sense of entitlement, a sense of superiority. Where do they get that from? A badge, poor training and bad attitudes.
Now you may think I'm anti police. Quite the contrary. I have two nephews who serve as LEOs in the same state in which Texagator "serves". The difference between him and them? Proper upbringing and knowing right from wrong. Texagator is a member in good standing of Police State Amerika. My nephews are good men that actually want to make this country a better place to live and know the true meaning of "To protect and <span style="font-weight: bold">serve." </span> Therefore they deserve repect they have earned.
Texagator on the otherhand...not so much. He is an internet stalker who makes threats he ain't got the wherewithal or balls to carry out.

</div></div>
I work on some of the local LEO and BP vehicles and ALL have firearm locks on the rifles and shotguns. No ignition key, no unlockey'.
I have had a fun time getting the back ends open when the rear actuator goes out on the Tahoes and they have the grates that won't let me into the back end to open them from the inside.
It would take some heavy equipment to get those guns out with "F'ing" them up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Texagator fails to mention, maybe because it is an embarassment to him and his profession is that the "only ones" like him are the ones getting their guns stolen out of their damn cruisers. Hell, a police chief of a community in New Mexico was in the news TODAY for having a shotgun and an Ar-15 stolen out of his cruiser. See, the "only ones" think that because it is a police car no one will fuck with it. Know why they think that way? Think about what "only ones" conotates. It is a sense of entitlement, a sense of superiority. Where do they get that from? A badge, poor training and bad attitudes.

</div></div>
I work on some of the local LEO and BP vehicles and ALL have firearm locks on the rifles and shotguns. No ignition key, no unlockey'.
I have had a fun time getting the back ends open when the rear actuator goes out on the Tahoes and they have the grates that won't let me into the back end to open them from the inside.
It would take some heavy equipment to get those guns out with "F'ing" them up. </div></div>

That's a good thing. Some, however, like the local Chief I cited say stuff like "I may have left my vehicle unlocked" and they just jimmy the trunk and off they go. Happens way too often. I used to have a car that may have looked like an unmarked police car to some criminals. Broke the window out right in my driveway. Didn't get any weapons, tho. Know why? I don't leave weapons in cars. Locked or unlocked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't know the history, so I will throw your suggestion right back at you. What are you adding to the conversation? </div></div>I don't need to know your personal history of conflict with other people here, I was referring to the rules of this board. I am adding advice that, if heeded, might prevent you from being banned.

I won't be drawn into a conflict with you via PM, either. But to answer your PM:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or self appointed? Unless you are privy to the previous history between Teagator and my self (which you are not) then mind your own business. </div></div>There are few moderators on this site compared to other sites. We 'police' ourselves, meaning that all of us here help the moderators. We don't appoint ouselves to the task, we are encouraged to do this by the owner of the site. This is a community, which makes your instigation of conflict among us everyone's business.

SB,
You are correct and being a victim of this crime sucks and have to deal with it, never hurts to remind ourselves. You and I know the complacency will never die easy. Finding the little turds and putting their nutts in a vice would be the best revenge though.

ST

Ok so to get back on track, I drive a 2008 jeep with hardtop and alarm and also work in aviation so there is a lot of places during the day i have to leave the pistol in the jeep and even at that the TSA would probably flip out. So short of putting 800# gun safe in back of jeep any suggestions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are few moderators on this site compared to other sites. We 'police' ourselves, meaning that all of us here help the moderators. We don't appoint ouselves to the task, we are encouraged to do this by the owner of the site. This is a community, which makes your instigation of conflict among us everyone's business. </div></div>

Graham,

That's exactly the source of the "conflict" he is referring to. When he started posting about armed revolution, his involvement with the Sipsey Street Irregulars, and his association with other militia-type movements, I sent him a PM that advised him to be cautious about that. I explained that even though I'm a police officer, I am <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">not</span></span> his enemy and that in addition to being a freedom-loving right-wing conservative, I also strongly support the Constitution in general and the 2nd Amendment specifically. I did tell him to stop the posts about rebellion and future armed conflicts with police and feds (a conflict that he seemed to be craving).

In the subsequent PM's between us, I advised him that he was being very reckless with his talk of armed rebellion when he put so much personal information out on the internet for everyone to find. I advised him that if a random guy could figure out where he lived and worked in 2 minutes of Google searching (because he posted that info on a nutjob website that openly discussed the coming war with the NWO and the Feds), then the Feds almost assuredly have a very well developed file on him. He was informed that his internet posts about his preparations for the upcoming rebellion were probably being monitored and recorded somewhere. I asked him to keep that kind of stuff off Sniper's Hide because this place has been a good resource for a lot of very good people, including active duty MIL/LE, who don't need to be associated with political radicals. I honestly did try to keep everything on a back channel. He did not listen to my advice but instead went on the offensive. He cleaned up his internet presence by removing most of the personal info he had posted about himself on radical websites and then he went on a personal campaign against me. He started PM-ing the hell out of me and even sent me emails.

He has already been banned from Sniper's Hide once for posting a political, anti-govt diatribe. His post had a direct connection to other websites advocating armed insurrection and/or violent resistance against the government. The moderators made the right call and deleted it. As best I can tell, he's convinced himself that I am a fascist/statist who is bent on imposing a police state in America and he apparently believes that one day he and his cohorts will engage me in a shooting war. He has made it clear that he believes I am his sworn enemy because I am a police officer who, while off duty, wrote in opposition to his posts favoring armed rebellion and an apparent eagerness to see violence used to institute his vision of what the USA should be. I have told him via PM that even though we may interact with one another in the public forums, I wish to have no further contact with him via PM or email.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "And now you know the rest of the story."

No matter what 3PER posts again in this thread, I will not respond, engage, or even acknowledge it. I apologize for the thread going off course. </div></div>

My only response to this is now you have one side of the story, which is filled with lies and half truths. The bottom line is I do not now, nor ever have advocated "an armed rebellion". I do favor a restoration of the Constitution. If my country needs defending, I will not hesitate to do so against enemies foreign or domestic.

I am also out of this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ElCoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so to get back on track, I drive a 2008 jeep with hardtop and alarm and also work in aviation so there is a lot of places during the day i have to leave the pistol in the jeep and even at that the TSA would probably flip out. So short of putting 800# gun safe in back of jeep any suggestions </div></div>A case mounted under the seat like THIS might work for you as well:

137823-add3-lg.jpg
</div></div>

I have seen a few of those and for any kind of storage, thats the way I'd go. They are nice.

I have looked at the sheet metal containers, they only give about 20 seconds more protection, trunk monkey would be better but cleaning up afer monkey would be the shits

Show me someone who has never made a mistake and I will show you someone who has NEVER done anything!
He screwed up. He seems to have learned from his mistake. If posting about it helped someone else avoid making the same mistake GREAT. HE HAS HELPED AT LEAST THAT PERSON!
If you "think" he has embarassed you personally; get a thicker skin, you need it.
"Embarassed your entire profession"? Sorry I just don't see it. That would take something a h**l of a lot worse than this.

AS promised, I removed my quotes.
The lesson has been stated and you will all do well to remember the security of your senstive items when you are out and about.
Next time I ain't playing nice when I see some dipshit leaves his stuff out where dirtbags can steal it and put everyone at risk because of one man's stupidity and negligance