• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vest - Sitka Kelvin vs Sitka Jetstream

Teuton

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2014
Rep of Kalifornia
Looking for some input from Sitka vest owners. Disclaimer - I've never owned any Sitka products. That said, I do like to hike and hunt while wearing a vest in my layering system. Vests seem to work great during strenuous hikes and the weather is snappy. Plenty of warmth, plus ventilation.

I've been looking at the Sitka vests. From reading, I can't determine between the Jetstream vs Kelvin, by reading the Sitka product website, the real differences between the two. Primary use would be in Utah, Fall and early Spring hiking and hunting.

Any input from Sitka vest owners would be appreciated.

The Kelvin will be much warmer, it uses synthetic insulation so it would be better for low activity unless it's really cold. The Jetstream is a light weight WindStopper material and not much more, it's better if your on the move or as a layer. I have the Jetstream vest and love it, I also have the Kelvin jacket.

I have both Kelvin and Jetstream vests as well as the jackets. I hunt and fish in the mountains of NM and CO and the Jetstream jacket and vest is my goto gear. The Kelvin vest and jacket and vest are great but more bulky and better suited if you need good insulation if you not constantly moving and spending more time sitting. If you are going to be on the move as generally is the case when hunting in the mountain west I would go with the Jetstream. I have been wearing Sitka gear for over 5 years now and have a tub full of it including their pants, base layers and rain gear. All my other camo never see the light of day anymore.

Hey - SharpsNitro, ZiaHunter, and Snipe10 - thank you for the info, and the time you put into your answers. That gives me some good insight and direction. When I hunt, I am usually traveling on a quad, or on a horse. Mostly on a quad though. Once I get to the area, I hike and glass all day. For the night I travel back to my base camp.

ZiaHunter - you answered my other question - "Is the price point really worth it"? I don't mind spending the money for pricey equipt. - if the value is there. From the folks I have talked to, and heard from, the value and quality is there in Sitka products.

Thanks guyz!