• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vietnam Veterans Day

I'm kind of bummed out the Blackfoot ID post #23 American Legion was planning dinner last night. We had to cancel. I'm the current Adjutant for the Blackfoot Legion and we as a group thank you for your service in Vietnam.

I was just looking at my DD-214 and ironically this is the date I was drafted in 1968.

A Friday I will never forget.

Off to BCT in Ft. Bliss Texas, that I found nothing blissful about, then off from there and on to the adventure of my life.

So I have 2 things to celebrate?

The Ft.Bliss/ El Paso area is certainly not blissful in in stretch of the imagination. What a bleak, miserable place. And it went down hill from there, Id guess. glad you made it home and to the Hide, brother.

Reactions: Foul Mike
I was just looking at my DD-214 and ironically this is the date I was drafted in 1968.

A Friday I will never forget.

Off to BCT in Ft. Bliss Texas, that I found nothing blissful about, then off from there and on to the adventure of my life.

So I have 2 things to celebrate?
You have more than that to celebrate my friend. I celebrate everyday that I was born here and not anywhere else.

And, it's not fukin snowing today ?

In light of that-- and I am not berating CSM Townley but his award of the MOH came in 2014, many years after the battles and was awarded by Barry? a lot of years after the fact.

There were many many actions taken by Marine and US Army troops on the ground that will never receive that honor but that honor will always be remembered by the other troops that were on the ground and in the air with them. RIP Brothers, I will never forget what you did.

FUCK Hanoi Jane and her ilk, and my Mom told me to not speak ill of the dead but I do wonder about John McCain?
What did he do for US veterans? other than ride his history of wrecking airplanes and getting shot down?

My points have been made and I am out of here. You hit a sore spot there.

Last edited:
A BIG thanks to all VETS, of all wars(y). As someone already posted, you guys got a real raw deal after you returned and not the least of all, the ones that did NOT return. Mac

In light of that-- and I am not berating CSM Townley but his award of the MOH came in 2014, many years after the battles and was awarded by Barry? a lot of years after the fact.

There were many many actions taken by Marine and US Army troops on the ground that will never receive that honor but that honor will always be remembered by the other troops that were on the ground and in the air with them. RIP Brothers, I will never forget what you did.

FUCK Hanoi Jane and her ilk, and my Mom told me to not speak ill of the dead but I do wonder about John McCain?
What did he do for US veterans? other than ride his history of wrecking airplanes and getting shot down?

My points have been made and I am out of here. You hit a sore spot there.

For every heroic act recognized, I would bet a hundred or more stories are never told. Many times, the services themselves put the squash on recognizing heroes.

Screw Barry. He cannot take away one iota of what any GI has ever done. He cannot understand and he cannot/does not appreciate.

The MOH recipients I've had the honor to speak with tell a similar story. To sum up in a single phrase, "I didn't do this alone."