• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Sniper Rifle Transport *FINISHED* Now with 100% more PEW!

One long day at the range with your M2 is close to what I paid for that jeep. And, no shit, it was half of what that Trijicon costs.:) I bought a surplus Swiss anti-aircraft sight for my 1919 for $30.

1578804870510.png

Attachments

• 1578803245572.png
    1578803245572.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
This is an amazing thread. Thank you for posting this build. From a fellow Jeeper?.
I wish I could jam my 6’7” frame into a Jeep smaller than my CJ5. I bought a Willys and had to sell it to a buddy after I found I couldn’t drive it without sitting in the cargo area.
I have a 74 and my father still has the 77 that I grew up camping in.

9D4A34B3-7853-4E58-9AD7-BC851957CBFC.jpeg

No, I was just being facetious. They were so worn out though I'm sure they had been around in the 70s. That was an interesting time... Hmmwv, Kevlar helmets, Berettas, Bradley's, Abrams, MREs were all coming on the scene.
Jeeps in the 1980's were most likely M151A2's built in the 1970's. I think they were finally phased out after the Gulf War.

Reactions: ZG47A
@buffalowinter Congrats on finishing the build. It was a pleasure to see it from the beginning to end. I am glad you got it finished, and a heck of a quicker than I expected. Very impressive work and attention to detail.

@buffalowinterI love stumbling onto your threads. Amazing job on the jeep!

Everytime I read what you've done I tell my self I'm lazy and need to get out in the shop! Thanks for the motivation!

Reactions: buffalowinter
That is an amazing thread, thanks for all these pics. That project really came out nice(!).

So cool! Nice project seen through, thanks for posting.

We used to say "Better is the enemy of "good enough"."

DOL

Well, spent the entire day and all I got done were the body handles, ax mount, and footmen on the hood to tie down my rolled up camo net. Don't have much feeling in my fingers and screwing the little bolts that hold on the footmen under the dash was agonizing. It's a curse to suffer the Special Forces personality traits of part Type A/obsessive compulsive and part "that's good enough, it'll work fine". I spent an hour trying to fasten the tiny footman bolts, all the while thinking it would be fine to use self tapping screws. But ,every time I looked at the camo net, I would know it was secured by the wrong type of fastener. At the same time, this Jeep has an automatic transmission and I'm fine with that.

View attachment 7203068

View attachment 7203069

View attachment 7203070

View attachment 7203071

View attachment 7203072

View attachment 7203073
You are referring to "footmen" in this post. What is a footmen?