• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virginia #1?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    My alma, Virginia, is #2 in NCAA basketball. We just beat Duke (#4 and averaging 91 points per game) holding them to #63. Villanova #1, plays unranked Marquette tomorrow. With a win over a power team like Duke we damn sure should move to #1.

Go Hoo's WaHooWa.

Not basketball, but my nephew is the starting DT on the football team....didn't do quite as well as the B Ball seems to be.

Not basketball, but my nephew is the starting DT on the football team....didn't do quite as well as the B Ball seems to be.
    Congraatulations to him. We have a new coach for football, Bronco Mendenhal, who seems to be turning things around. I think we played in the Toilet Bowl last year. Maybe this year we'll make the Salad Bowl.

Reactions: Thumper580
    ACC Champions NCAA tourney next.

As a Hokie.... our rule is to always pull for whomever is playing UVA; however, what happened last night did not give me any satisfaction because... as a Hokie, we have always been a "C" away from Champions. (CHokies)

Im UVA alum and this stings. Seems like we're the Cave a liers....cave in when it gets tight. I really dont understand this shellacking. we've played better teams. I guess everybody is entitled to an off night but what a time to have one.

Damn, were they even on the court? UMBC who?

It's basketball and it's tournament play... There is no other college sport where "any team can win on any given day" is more applicable.
    And UMCB certainly deserved the win. They dismantled us. Tony Bennett showed himself a true sportsman.

I really felt UVA was going to win it all this year. Some of my UVA colleagues express a wish to lose the ACC game so that you could get a loss out of the way before the big dance. UMCB would win 1 out of 20... they just hit everything and balls really did bounce their way...

Trust me brotha... I know what it is like to watch a game unfold like that.... and truly, I would not wish that on my worst enemy...ergo, our enlightened cousins from C-Ville.

It’s UMBC—-not UMCB...and for all you UVA fans, too make you feel better...ITS A GLORIFIED COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!

such an epic fall. missed the game but was impressed when Virginia beat UNC.