• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex Bubble Level

shooter3225

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2011
So I am about to receive my Viper PST in a few days and have not bought rings yet. Am strongly leaning towards Seekins, or the Vortex rings (made by Seekins I think) which are very similar.

I was intrigued by the Vortex Bubble Level that I have seen online and was wondering if this level fits on the PST? I'm getting the 6-24x50 pst so the 30mm rings is what I would be getting, and I've heard that the Vortex level is made to work with ONLY the Razor scopes. Does anyone use this level with the PST?? If so I think I will buy the Vortex rings because I would like the matching level, but not sure if it fits with the PSTs. Thanks guys

Re: Vortex Bubble Level

They make a 30mm version which fits the PST.

John

I have the level that was included with the Razor HD. To use it on the PST you would need some type of bushing since the Razor HD's tube is 35mm vs. 30 for the PST.

I do not know if Vortex currently makes a 30mm level.

Having said that, my level is in the box with all the other extra parts I didn't feel the need to install.

Vortex makes 30mm levels.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-30mm-riflescope-tube-bubble-level

I have 3 of their 35mm levels on 35mm IOR scopes.

However, the only reason I have the Vortex levels on the IORs is because Holland doesn't make 35mm levels. I have 4 of their 30mm levels and the quality and design of the Holland pieces is much better than the Vortex levels; the vials themselves are easier to see and the ring design is much more streamlined. The protruding end of the level is also much more protected on the Holland levels, there is much more "meat" around the end of the vial.

While both will do the job spend IMO the extra $15 for the Holland's level.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=846101

I am running one of the fixed USO bubble levels... Me Likey!!

DK